What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, that's right. Tomorrow will be better

I sure hope so!! I got my second Covid vaccine yesterday, and felt fine until just about exactly 24 hours after. Now I feel like I am getting the flu Body ache, tired, my skin feels weird, my nose is plugged up. I am already in bed. I really hope this is gone tomorrow!!!! I have stuff to do

I took off half a day today, Dentist appointment, but I plan to make the trip productive, will pick up some lumber that I need to finish a project.

We got lumber yesterday to fix the broken barn door and I was shocked about the prices!!!! Piece of plywood $53! This was like $25 last time we got one a few years ago . Ended up spending a small fortune at Lowes. Inflation is here!!

I sure hope so!! I got my second Covid vaccine yesterday, and felt fine until just about exactly 24 hours after. Now I feel like I am getting the flu Body ache, tired, my skin feels weird, my nose is plugged up. I am already in bed. I really hope this is gone tomorrow!!!! I have stuff to do

Hope you feel better soon Sonya.

You’ll feel better tomorrow. Maybe not quite 100% but better.

Last edited:
Got most of my 'maters in the ground. I still have 1 more. It's a German so I wanted to ask Hubby where to plant it since we are running out of space. I have to get the brussels in tomorrow morning then we are in maintenance mode until harvest. (More maintenance this year since more plants.) Warm today @ 83* but tomorrow's high is supposed to be 63* - yikes. Back when I had sheep, I called it pneumonia weather. Also, has anyone ever done this? Last night I went to bed and didn't move all night, woke just as I went to sleep. I do that every now and then. I was spent after yesterday.
I want to figure out some leather "stuff" but @Frodo has been hiding since I got my cobbler machine. If anyone else knows about working with leather, can I pick your brain 😊

Made an appointment for tomorrow for new tires on the truck, should only be about $1000.00.
The broody hen that we had sitting on the duck and turkey eggs had a turkey hatch today. Cute little bugger. Our first time hatching, the girls are excited.
Putting up insulation on the wall. Kinda tired of it but someone needs to do it.
Gonna be an early night for me I think.
1620357315961.png

Last edited:
We got lumber yesterday to fix the broken barn door and I was shocked about the prices!!!! Piece of plywood $53! This was like $25 last time we got one a few years ago . Ended up spending a small fortune at Lowes. Inflation is here!!
I saw this on another forum, or maybe someplace here, and thought it was informative about lumber prices, even if a bit long winded.
Last year 2x4s were about $2 each, now they are almost $8 each and rising every week. 5 years ago a sheet of OSB was less than $9, last year it was about $12, two weeks ago it was $48, but I am told it went up again since then.

I have spent the last couple of days getting ready for some major oral surgery to pull 19 teeth and install 3 bone graft to my jaw and skull.

It required a lot of phone calls and messages to get everything coordinated. But...

Did you ever stop to look back at yourself and laugh?

I did when I looked back at last weekend and when I had a chance to watch something silly but beautiful at the same time. "Little Shop of Horrors" because I loved the girl trio.

But only in retrospect did I realize I was looking for

Funny

Ben

. Back when I had sheep, I called it pneumonia weather.

Yes, sheep do not do well with weather change like that. I ended up giving them all a pneumonia vaccine last year and so far so good ...( but I have to start over again this year , yearly vaccine, plus the lambs )
I can't tell what the weather is going to do today. It is supposed to be raining, but looks sunny out

Yikes, Ben. When are you doing that?
Glad you're feeling better, Sonya. You got a little hair of the covid dog with that shot. I felt bad for a week with covid. Glad it's over.
We're going to Sams in the big city today, haven't been in maybe two months. Curious to see what they are out of and if the meat prices went up.

Today is a day off, but I had work to do so I will only be getting half a day off.....

Hope to get a load delivered to the landfill today, was aiming for 2 but the day started off rough.

The wife's IV leaked overnight and she was totally freaked out this morning. The pharmacy must have installed the needle-less port cross threaded on the new bag and it leaked, it was a slow leak so it took us a while to find it. I disinfected and then corrected the connection alignment. We lost a little bit of fluid but I think it was only about 2 hours worth (out of a normal 3 day bag) and we have the next bags ready. So to me it is no big deal, but the wife is not happy and I am sure that she will be calling someone and giving them a good thrashing. Hey, as long as I am not on the receiving end, I'm happy.

Gonna be cooler today with sunshine for a change.
Too much rain , my mater plants are turning yellow.

Probly wash the Explorer today.
Bugs ya know.

Friends of 40 years coming to go for fish fry with us tonight.
Be good seeing them .

May tinker a bit in garage.

Y'all have a productive day and smile a lot.

Jim

Last edited:
Hi @Neb I hope it goes well for you, that is a lot of work to be done at one time. You will be on a liquid diet for a while (no straws). I will be praying for you as I know the next couple of weeks will be unpleasant.

The work was done on Wednesday and I am glad I was sedated. Opiates let me sleep most of next 24 hours. Still pretty sore but glad all of those ticking time bombs are gone.

That was a prepping to do item that is now done.

Ben

Last edited:
Glad it went ok.
We braved Sams, hadn't been in awhile. It's over a half hour each way. Stopped at Arby's after for lunch, they do a good gyro. Almost done putting everything away. Found some shelves to order on line. Came home to find an assesor looking at our add on from the driveway. Then she measured it. There goes the tax bill. Getting ready to pick up little granddaughter from school, stop at the little amish bakery place (only open on Friday) and water the neighbors plants.

Glad to see you Mo. I just heard this morning about tornados down your direction.
I don't worry about it much.
If it's my time to go due to tornado, then it's my time.
Otherwise just go to sleep.
Was in old farmhouse growing up.
Sound asleep when tornado hit my county.
Knocked the house off foundation a bit.
Everybody else went to cellar.
I was asleep upstairs, never heard a thing.
All I know weather in my area is weird right now.

Have had company from out of town.
Texas.
Grand daughter and I went shopping.
Granny needed more dirt for another raised bed.
She helped Granny pick up few more plants.
She got to pick out 2 plants.
She was thinking of me and Strawberry when she picked them out.
I now have 2 healthy looking Strawberry plants in a window box.
So to her thinking, she has Strawberry the dog at her house.
And I have Strawberry(plants).
What she doesn't know is I have allergy to Strawberries.
It's the thought that counts.
She's coming by Saturday to help Granny finish planting garden.
I still have to get more dirt before Saturday.

Back