What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few nights ago on the classic channel i saw 'Gone with the Wind'. Hadn't watched it decades. Interesting, i'd forgotten the plot line except for the war. Funny, i found the movie sort of insulting. It wasn't representative of the south before or after the war. It was representative of the top 3%, rich planters who owned slaves, but no one knows what their world was really like.
----------

I watched the four 'Resident Evil' movies this week too. Got them in the discount bin, should have left them there. But to be fair, some of the cgi stuff was interesting.

I've got little granddaughter watching, "Northern Exposure", and have to laugh because she finds it so odd. She does like Chris the best. No surprise there. I watched the series years ago, so enjoy watching it again. Found I really disliked the character that Maggie liked that lived in a bubble this time around. He disturbed me. Ha. A whiner.
Don't think I have ever seen it.?

I used to watch BULL...very brainy series. That's no longer on. It's a day to myself, today. Got the water pump from the creek to the house tank pumping...backpack sprayed for Giant African Figs (horrid things)...now, nodding on and off...but, have ESCAPE TO THE COUNTRY on.

Between Lands, a Spanish series. I know a little Spanish, but I do not like having to read subtitles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Between_Lands
Set in 1960s Spain, the plot tracks the vicissitudes of María Rodríguez, from the village of Almadrava de Monteleva, in the province of Almería. María does not wait for the return of her boyfriend, an economic emigrant to Germany, an engages by proxy to an elder landowner from La Mancha, Don Ramón Cervantes, via the latter's nephew Manuel, so María's younger sister Luisa can have a brighter future.

Latest posts

Back