What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never seen Longmire, but I did read one of the books, and enjoyed it very much.

Have you ever seen the TV series "Justified" with Timothy Olyphant? I really enjoyed that. It was on the air for about six seasons. It is about a U.S. Marshal working in the backwoods of Kentucky. Based on Elmore Leonard stories. Very, very good.

If you like to read I would suggest the Jack Reacher series written by Lee Child. The movies were pathetic, but the books are very good.

Another good series is the Joe Pickett novels written by C.J. Box. Those are very much like Longmire. Set in Wyoming, Joe Pickett is a Game Warden. He always stumbles on some malfeasance while making his rounds.

Justified was one of my favorite TV series.

Broke my heart when it went off the air. Loved Timothy Olyphant. I just don't see Walton Goggins doing a situation comedy. He was a great bad guy.

Broke my heart when it went off the air. Loved Timothy Olyphant. I just don't see Walton Goggins doing a situation comedy. He was a great bad guy.

With all the crappy reboots going on right now it's possible that someone like Netflix could bring it back. They brought back Magnum PI, Nash Bridges, and many others. Justified was better IMO than all of them.

Last night as a Christmas eve present I rented Rambo - Last Blood off Google Play.

Wow......firstly it is really well done, secondly it's not for those with a weak stomach or those with PTSD that is triggered by extremely realistic depictions of violence of the stabbing, impaling, burning, decaptating, shooting at close range complete with pink mist ....ahem.
Think about all the sort of violence perpetrated by Mexican drug cartels and splash up on the big screen in unedited living color.

The thing is it doesn't come off as cheesy or false.

I think it was a fitting end to the Rambo series.

Anyone seen "the Boonies" on Hulu? It's a show about 4 different people who moved off the grid. One live in caves, one in a tree house, one on an island, and one in the mountains. It's reality TV so I am sure it is only 30% reality and a whole lot of manufactured situations and drama. But the one episode I watched was entertaining.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5360318/

Guess what I will be watching this weekend?

79281733_2631895776923885_1024368711139628218_n.jpg

Basically sticking toYouTube for now, NetFlix I'm done with since They turned Jesus into a "too blashemous to even repeat". Plus the Obamams now rule it. There is no way that a sick movie like that would ever even be considered if about Mohammad ,Buddah, Hindu or Abraham.
Only Jesus is fair game now. Along with the straight white males of course or conservative women of any race.

Of course it is getting to where the attack on our traditions, religian and morality is under siege everywhere now.

Anyone here watch Conor Mcgregor fights? We do now and then and today he won another title
He was calm for fist time.

Red Dawn. Thanks

I love Red Dawn. One more than two.

I got a 1080p copy of Red Dawn (1984) so I watched it this weekend. Still an awesome movie. The 1080 copy has much better graphics and sound than my old DVD-rip.

I also got a copy of the movie 1917, so I will be watching that next weekend (hopefully).

Watching live feeds from the 2A rally in Richmond.

Me too! Amazing how much diversity there is. I am seeing whites, blacks, Asians, Hispanics, men, women, old, young, even gay people (according to their signs). Almost like the MSM is lying about who is pro 2A. ;)

Out of morbid curiosity I watched John Wick 3 - Parabellum. Don't bother. It was like watching a video game. Very little story. Bodies piling up by the dozens. Barely stands on its own as a movie. Just leads into John Wick 4 which is scheduled to be released in May 2021. Looks like Keanu Reeves will be joining forces with Laurence Fishburne against Ian McShane. This was as predictable as a sunrise.

Are there any good movies out there?

Latest posts

Back