What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are there any good movies out there?

Last week the wife and I watched Ford vs. Ferrari. I am not a race fan and neither is she, but the movie was pretty good. Entertaining and apparently fairly accurate as far as history goes (in comparison to most movies).

I may have to watch that later. How could someone living in hurricane alley not be prepared with all the press that storm got before landfall?
Wasn't it Einstein who said, "Two things in life are limitless, the universe and stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ? I'm sure that was Einstein.

Watching Soylent Green that VenomJockey linked

Funny how HollyHoods always come out with a prelude to their next agendas for us.
I hear human ' meat ' is already on the menu.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2019/0...n-flesh-will-save-planet-from-climate-change/

Cannibalism: Professor Says Eating Human Flesh Will Save Planet From ‘Climate Change’

Watch on Swedish TV here:

Scientist Says Eating Human Flesh Will Save Planet From Climate Change. A Swedish scientist suggests that it may be necessary to turn to cannibalism and start eating human flesh to save the planet (giving new meaning to the expression bite me) And NO this story is not from The Onion.A conference about the food of the future called Gastro Summit being held in Stockholm Sweden featured a presentation by Magnus Söderlund claiming that we must get used to the idea of eating human flesh in the future, as a way of combating the effects of climate

I will stick to old movies and sane people on YT.

I like John Wick. Mostly because Keanu Reeves is a shooter. He's not an anti gun hypocrite. Watching his 3 gun is interesting.

I agree. Sometimes I want a story, sometimes I just want to see bullets fly and brass drop. Keanu is well trained and knows his stuff.

I agree. Sometimes I want a story, sometimes I just want to see bullets fly and brass drop. Keanu is well trained and knows his stuff.

He doesn't make movies where he's shooting everyone and then hollers about gun control like many others do. That's one thing that irritates the heck out of me.

There are actually a bunch in the series. They are based off the Robert B. Parker books. Stone Cold is the first movie if I remember right.

Ok I'll check it out and maybe go to others if I like it. I did like Blue Bloods and Person of Interest but both are over. I mostly just hang around here.

I've been listening to day 2 of the impeachment hearings. I have heard all the half truths and insinuations and read the actual testimony so I am wondering if the democrats think repeating the same lines will convince anyone. They spent time vilifying those terrible people who support the president and crying of the victims that lost their jobs and positions for expressing opinions instead of testifying.
The senate set some groundwork so they could continue to do their job while this sham continues and the chief justice grinned when he asked if there were any objections... none! I know he is supposed to be impartial and I am sure that he will be as far as the legalities of this farce goes but it is nice to see that he has a sense of humor too. It will all start up again tomorrow at 1am EST. I can hardly wait. :rolleyes:

I was watching Chad Prathers show tonight on YouTube but had to stop. It is very disturbing. He has a guy from S. Africa who is talking about the torture and murders of the white people and its awful. I had to quit listening just past half way through.

Not that this should in any way effect how anyone else feels, but I absolutely despise NCIS, CSI, and every other related show that exists. Of all the cop genres that have ever been created, those shows are the least realistic of them all. That cop drama "Cop Rock" where all they did was sing and dance was more realistic. :cool:

This afternoon my wife and I watch the movie Dark Water (2019). A mostly accurate portrayal of when Dupont poisoned people in West Virginia and the gov't did little to nothing to help. Not exactly a fun family film, but still an entertaining movie that kept our attention.

Last night I watched PT109, finished it before bed. Tonight I'm thinking Audie Murphy, maybe "To Hell and Back". Both were in the last batch of ww2 films I caught on sale. Sergeant York was in that group but haven't seen it since I bought it... soon.

Not that this should in any way effect how anyone else feels, but I absolutely despise NCIS, CSI, and every other related show that exists. Of all the cop genres that have ever been created, those shows are the least realistic of them all. That cop drama "Cop Rock" where all they did was sing and dance was more realistic. :cool:

Thats why I watch them. I get enough second hand info that makes me nervous so I want something entertaining. Of course now that hubby has retired I wont have to hear about whats going on "out there" as much.

Thats why I watch them. I get enough second hand info that makes me nervous so I want something entertaining. Of course now that hubby has retired I wont have to hear about whats going on "out there" as much.

I presume you are talking about Cop Rock.

Wasn't impressed with John Wick, either.

Yeah, the first two were pretty good, the 3rd not so much. I had to watch it though to see the Malinois dogs in it.

Agree, I like me a good shoot em up once in a while.

Been living in my son's apartment since mid-August. Not only is there no cable/satellite, but I've definitely needed some mindless entertainment at times.

Enter Netflix.

Longmire (last 3-4 seasons, can't remember exactly)
Heartland (11 seasons)
Virgin River (1 season)
Jericho (1.5 seasons)
Doomsday Preppers (in the middle of a season now)

Latest posts

Back