What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sports channels on my satellite tv have been showing a lot of college football games (my favorite sport) from last year and nascar races from years gone by. It's nice "filler" since new sports aren't being played. I guess thats one of the advantages of being older... I usually don't remember who won these games or races so it's like watching them for the first time.

:ghostly:

Has anyone seen the show on AMC named "Killing Eve"? This show is out there! Writers from the net can describe it better than I can.. When I googled it tonight the first thing that came up...

Killing Eve is a British dark comedy drama spy thriller television series, produced in the United Kingdom by Sid Gentle Films for BBC America.

It is all of that and more. It's very dark, absolutely hysterically funny at times and most definitely British!

Jenna Scherer, writing in Rolling Stone, described Killing Eve as "hilarious, bloody, unclassifiable" and idiosyncratic, "a stylish story of obsession and psychopathy that's disarmingly warm and lived-in". Scherer went on to write that the show "undermines every rule of TV", with what it does best being its "dry wit, razor-wire tension, sex appeal and the looming threat of violence". Hanh Nguyen wrote on IndieWire that one of the show's most appealing aspects is "how it subverts expectation", allowing it to "constantly surprise and delight".

Sandra Oh (christina from grey's anatomy) is a British Intelligence asset tasked with finding and stopping a psychotic Russian assassin played by Jodie Comer. They become obsessed with each other, try to kill each other... I never know what is about to happen!

This show is NUTS! as only a dark british comedy about psychopaths can be! I enjoy it and recommend it.

Until I can find a streaming source for Survivors, the wife and I have been watching an Apple TV series called The Morning Show. It's a show about a TV news morning show caught up in the #metoo movement and the behind the scenese politics of television. So far there is a shocking amount of cursing and a lot of left leaning crap, which of course I expect because they are pretending to be journalists and actors. Not sure I will be able to survive watching the entire season.

Watching old movies tonight. I watched a Clint Walker movie earlier. A Randolph Scott film is on now. The opening scenes were beautiful, filmed at a place I know well... The "Alabama Hills" at the base of MT. Whitney in CA. I used to go up there every couple months to escape the smog, crime and insanity of LA.

Lone Pine is the name of a little town at the base. There was a steak house that had been there since the 30's. Every actor and actress who was ever in one of the hundreds of westerns filmed nearby left their signatures on the walls, even Randolph Scott.

Last edited:
Watched "Spitfire" earlier. Originally released in England under the title "The First of The Few" - 1942

p479_v_v8_ab.jpg

Has anyone seen the show on AMC named "Killing Eve"? This show is out there! Writers from the net can describe it better than I can.. When I googled it tonight the first thing that came up...

Killing Eve is a British dark comedy drama spy thriller television series, produced in the United Kingdom by Sid Gentle Films for BBC America.

It is all of that and more. It's very dark, absolutely hysterically funny at times and most definitely British!

Jenna Scherer, writing in Rolling Stone, described Killing Eve as "hilarious, bloody, unclassifiable" and idiosyncratic, "a stylish story of obsession and psychopathy that's disarmingly warm and lived-in". Scherer went on to write that the show "undermines every rule of TV", with what it does best being its "dry wit, razor-wire tension, sex appeal and the looming threat of violence". Hanh Nguyen wrote on IndieWire that one of the show's most appealing aspects is "how it subverts expectation", allowing it to "constantly surprise and delight".

Sandra Oh (christina from grey's anatomy) is a British Intelligence asset tasked with finding and stopping a psychotic Russian assassin played by Jodie Comer. They become obsessed with each other, try to kill each other... I never know what is about to happen!

This show is NUTS! as only a dark british comedy about psychopaths can be! I enjoy it and recommend it.

All About Eve,but not killing Eve may check it out sometimes .

I have been binge watching Elementary; the latest version of Sherlock Homes with Lucy Liu as his assistant, Dr. Joan Watson. I imagine it is in syndication now, but oddly enough they just showed an episode focused on Prepping. It is not bad. I enjoy it more each week.

I have been binge watching Elementary; the latest version of Sherlock Homes with Lucy Liu as his assistant, Dr. Joan Watson. I imagine it is in syndication now, but oddly enough they just showed an episode focused on Prepping. It is not bad. I enjoy it more each week.

We watched that for years but then lost it when we got rid of DirecTV. Might have to look it up on one of the streaming services and figure out where we left off.

I ended up watching more Tuner Classic Movies than I ever have this weekend. Mostly old movie celibrating Memorial Day. But very few of the standards. Dirty Dozen and Battle of the Bulge were the only 2. The others were mostly older, but still pretty good. A couple last night was stories about guys after they came home from WWII and what they went thru to readjust to life at home. Bot were good.

I bought a digital antenna, I think I've mentioned that. Thought I'd maybe watch Hogan's Heroes and other things like that. Nope. I watched the last part of a movie a couple months ago courtesy of the antenna, but I really don't watch that much of anything anymore. And I don't have cable for tv and even if I did, I don't think I'd watch that either.

I was disappointed by the weekend movies... Midway, dirty dozen were the only old ones that played twice. B of the bulge and ST York only once. A few of the more obscure movies were good (3).

But... Heartbreak ridge and GI Jane each ran 4 times or more. There were a couple politically correct war films whose names I don't remember.

I guess this is what memorial weekend has come too... 100's of great films to choose from and this was all they played?

I'm going to keep playing the great ones this week.

I forgot one... The big red one was on at the same time the B of the Bulge ran. I have B of B on dvd so I watched the Big Red One. I actually caught it from the very start for the first time.

But back to my point... the tv people did all they could to dampen any patriotic stirrings.

We watched that for years but then lost it when we got rid of DirecTV. Might have to look it up on one of the streaming services and figure out where we left off.

I get it on WGN, a Chicago station, on my basic cable. They air it on Sunday mornings, and it runs hourly until about 5:00. Hope you can find it.

I get it on WGN, a Chicago station, on my basic cable. They air it on Sunday mornings, and it runs hourly until about 5:00. Hope you can find it.

I am cableless, but it looks like it is on Hulu+. Woo Hoo!

Anyone else watching the 3-part mini-series about US Grant on the history channel? They started playing it Sunday night. I’m a bit of a civil-war buff, been to lots of battlefields and read lots of books (only books by people who lived through it, not histories).

As far as events… factually correct. But US Grant being compared to Sun Tzu? It is laughable and disturbingly sinister.

The first 2 episodes (4hrs) are filled with deep state social engineering catch phrases! Like… “We are a nation of immigrants” at least 5 times… The south, by innuendo being against immigration. They were slave owning monsters to fought against the morally superior “State”, the morally superior “State”, the morally superior “State” is stressed over and over.

This show is twisted… All the millennials out there trapped in their apartments are getting a pep talk… how noble it is to defend the “State” over anyone who disagrees!

Oh… and US Grant was not a great military commander by the any stretch of the imagination. He was an average general with a 3 to 1 superiority in men, equipment, medicine, food… supplies of every sort and technological advantage in weaponry at every level. Even with all these advantages he knew he had to stand in a river of blood to win… He was willing to do so.

Do not have cable, but I watch Quigley on Youtube last night.

We like youtube too its basically our only choice. Saw some great movies for $2.99 a couple were $3.99.
I'd liek to go to drive in but not about to sit in line of cars for a mile.lol.

I bought a digital antenna, I think I've mentioned that. Thought I'd maybe watch Hogan's Heroes and other things like that. Nope. I watched the last part of a movie a couple months ago courtesy of the antenna, but I really don't watch that much of anything anymore. And I don't have cable for tv and even if I did, I don't think I'd watch that either.
I remember conversations about digital antennae, but didn't remember who or what. We had to re-scan our televsions in late April, and I can see that I get stations, but there is such poor signal I can never really see or hear. Which antenna did you get? And did you get it from the river (Amazon)?

Back