What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a bundle for the first five seasons. Season 6 is also available on Amazon but I didn't see it in a bundle.
I started it on Netflix, and then couldn't find anything past the first season. Then I googled it and there was a listing with a list of the other seasons available on Netflix, that I couldn't find previously. I just looked and couldn't find it.

Gee, guys, I have no idea what you are talking about, except the part about really clean tv shows. JK!
NH watches a lot of stuff. I do not. I really have not watched hardly any of these shows yall are conversing about and have not heard of most.
I like getting on the imdb thing for each series or movie and scroll down a little ways and see what the parent review is. If it's not good for kids, it's not good for me. I haven't watched an R rated movie in more than 26 years because it desensitizes my brain, for one, and for another, i just do not need to see or hear that in my life.
I keep thinking I will watch a couple of different movies, then I don't do it. There was one about tribal South or Central America back in the times of the Mayans, I still haven't seen it. I like digging back into the 70s, 80s, 90s, back when I didn't watch many movies. Chariots of Fire comes to mind.
Our family fave was Jericho. This last year we got hooked on Stranger Things. I can only watch the LOTR movies and the Hobbit so many times. The orcs creep me out now.

I think most on the forum would get a kick out of Stranger Things, it takes place in the 80s. All the right cars, hairstyles and clothing! LOL

Jericho...I liked the music, the manly men, but sometimes the women were annoying. UGH! I guess that was how some women acted back then. (Don't hurt me for that comment). Everybody wants to punch Gray, I don't mind that part.
But as for the scenarios...so many different situations. Like the next town over and the lawlessness going on there. The trips the guys would take to other areas. The jet crash. What's her name's fiance finally coming back and being a changed person. Jake. If we were younger, Weedy.

I'm not much of TV person. Like @Patchouli, I don't even know what you folks are talking about with all these shows. When I turn the TV on it's for a documentary show or something about space on the History or Science channel.

Although I will admit, I did get hooked on a series about 15 years ago; Stargate SG1. It was spun from the 1994 movie Stargate.

@Sentry18 Being a Trekkie, you may find Stargate interesting. Instead of exploring the galaxy in a ship, it's done through a wormhole. If you should look into it, start with the movie. It explains the origin of the gate and sets the stage for the series. I don't know if it's something you can get on one of the services.

I think most on the forum would get a kick out of Stranger Things, it takes place in the 80s. All the right cars, hairstyles and clothing! LOL

Jericho...I liked the music, the manly men, but sometimes the women were annoying. UGH! I guess that was how some women acted back then. (Don't hurt me for that comment). Everybody wants to punch Gray, I don't mind that part.
But as for the scenarios...so many different situations. Like the next town over and the lawlessness going on there. The trips the guys would take to other areas. The jet crash. What's her name's fiance finally coming back and being a changed person. Jake. If we were younger, Weedy.

We did love Stranger Things and also Travelers on neflix. Still think Episodes is the cutest comedy but I had to watch a few before I liked it!

I watched The Godfather yesterday. I had seen it years ago, but like many things, I had forgotten more than I ever remembered.

I found the Twilight Zone! I am going to watch whatever they have of that until I have seen it all. I used to watch it when I was younger.

Wife set the DVR up to record Gunsmoke for me. I used to like star trek next gen and still catcha rerun from time to time. I never got into SG1 when it was on, but was sick around Christmas and newyears and caught a marathon. Kinda strange show, but somewhat enjoyable. Most of my TV watchin is from the DVR, I've got it set to record Mountain men, life below zero, Yukon men, barnwood builders, and building Alaska. Those type shows allow me to enjoy both the scenery and at times learn a little about some of the old ways of living. I don't care for TV much, but do try to learn something at times when watching it. Other stuff is History channel, and a couple of music channels.

Tonight on Hallmark is the 2018 American Rescue Dog Show!

I recorded that American Rescue Dog Show and it was the best and sweetest dog show ever! The categories were too cute and the finalists won $5000 for the rescue their dog came from and Best in Show won another $25000 for their rescue. Will definitely watch it next year!

I liked the Netflix series Mindhunter, Ozarks and Unibomber. I also enjoyed Longmire. Other shows I have watched on Netflix include Person of Interest and a few different shows about vikings, Danes and knights. I am also kind of a trekky so I have seen all of the series (Next Generation, DS9, Voyager, etc.) a few times. I have even watched the new one Discovery, but it's pretty dark for a Star Trek series.

I thought Breaking Bad was awful. Never made it passed the first few episodes.

We started watching Ozark and love it! Thanks for letting us know!

Anyway, you were asking about movies too and I don't think I said much about that except orcs (The Lord of the Rings movies and The Hobbit movies). If you haven't seen any of them and like seeing manly men wearing unusual clothing, using swords, and riding horses, then it might be something you'd like. Featuring a ring, a dark lord and something about the end of the world, and a few women, at least one who can cut the head off a dragon.
The Bourne movies were violent but interesting for conspiracy inside upper secret corners of so-called security. The Bourne movie with Jeremy Renner instead of Damon was really good.
The Avenger movies are also violent, but I watched them all at least twice.
Thor movies are fun.
Second Hand Lions, Holes, Indiana Jones...more to come...

Latest posts

Back