What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sure took them a long time to clear the gases to get the crew out.
I am glad that the SpaceX capsule worked and that the crew made it back safely.
Go SpaceX!

The Wynns still stuck in Figi Islands,AfricaTheir new freinds boat has a few other panedmic sranded occupants.
Beautiful waaters and most were initially there to surf the big waves.
Been watching this couple for about 4 years now,enjoyed all their adventures,beats HollyHoods

Eat your heart out 'MoonDoggie ' !

Last edited:
Little granddaughter is cracking up, because Andy said that they can tie Barney up and put him in the closet because he's wrecking their choir, and of course there's a big concert coming up.
She's waiting for Gomer Pyle. Seems to be a favorite with the grandkids.
Well, Gollllllyyyyyy.

Amish we have been isolated since March 3. Have been through lots of old reruns and old classic movies too. Plus kept up with a few youtube people too.
Liked Blue Bloods till they killed off Dannys wife Linda. Person of Interest was good too.

Amish we have been isolated since March 3. Have been through lots of old reruns and old classic movies too. Plus kept up with a few youtube people too.
Liked Blue Bloods till they killed off Dannys wife Linda. Person of Interest was good too.
I watched Blue Bloods for a while, and then, I don't know, I didn't like it anymore.

I watched Blue Bloods for a while, and then, I don't know, I didn't like it anymore.

We just watvh bios, and real people anymore since got rid of Netflix when they went insane liberal . Watched all the old clasics too many times, so we went to reality type Youtube.

We watched this one below for a couple years I guess. We liked it,

@SeventiesWreckers have you ever seen these wrecker shows? Assuming you were or are a wrecker driver.

Last edited:
We just watvh bios, and real people anymore since got rid of Netflix when they went insane liberal . Watched all the old clasics too many times, so we went to reality type Youtube.

We watched this one below for a couple years I guess. We liked it,

@SeventiesWreckers have you ever seen these wrecker shows? Assuming you were or are a wrecker driver.

Yes Meerkat, I've watched a few of them, and they can be entertaining at times, but we used equipment that was all handmade custom built. None of the equipment in use today had been invented yet. The only 2 brands of wheel lift, hydraulic heavy duty class 8 wrecker beds in use prior to 1980 were the EKA, made in Sweden, and the Bulldog, made in England. They just weren't suitable for what we did.

I worked OPG Heavy Duty out of downtown Los Angeles, driving for Continental Truck & Towing based in Vernon, Ca. When "Tex" Freeman started Continental in the late 1940's, he began his truck design based around a 3 stage, extended boom assembly that mounted twin 60 Ton winches cabled with 1 inch wire rope. They were war surplus cargo loading assemblies that had originally been designed & mounted on Liberty & Victory ships during WWII. He bought 12 of them, and that became the core recovery fleet at Continental. Peterbilt & Kenworth were the selected cabs, but the frames were stripped, then stretched & double steel railed for strength. The first 12 were all 3 axle, with 44k Hendrickson walking beam suspensions. They all ran Cummings 335 or 350 for power, and twin 5x4 transmissions, with both boxes mounting reversible PTO's, so you could run both winches either in, or out, at the same time & independent of each other. They all weighed in at about 40,000 pounds without gear. Number 40, a 1965 Pete was my personal favorite to drive. A very solid recovery truck. I did work other places, and drove sexier, prettier trucks. But 40 was a workhorse that made tough stuff look easy.

40 3.JPG

40 2.JPG

40 1.JPG

Yes Meerkat, I've watched a few of them, and they can be entertaining at times, but we used equipment that was all handmade custom built. None of the equipment in use today had been invented yet. The only 2 brands of wheel lift, hydraulic heavy duty class 8 wrecker beds in use prior to 1980 were the EKA, made in Sweden, and the Bulldog, made in England. They just weren't suitable for what we did.

I worked OPG Heavy Duty out of downtown Los Angeles, driving for Continental Truck & Towing based in Vernon, Ca. When "Tex" Freeman started Continental in the late 1940's, he began his truck design based around a 3 stage, extended boom assembly that mounted twin 60 Ton winches cabled with 1 inch wire rope. They were war surplus cargo loading assemblies that had originally been designed & mounted on Liberty & Victory ships during WWII. He bought 12 of them, and that became the core recovery fleet at Continental. Peterbilt & Kenworth were the selected cabs, but the frames were stripped, then stretched & double steel railed for strength. The first 12 were all 3 axle, with 44k Hendrickson walking beam suspensions. They all ran Cummings 335 or 350 for power, and twin 5x4 transmissions, with both boxes mounting reversible PTO's, so you could run both winches either in, or out, at the same time & independent of each other. They all weighed in at about 40,000 pounds without gear. Number 40, a 1965 Pete was my personal favorite to drive. A very solid recovery truck. I did work other places, and drove sexier, prettier trucks. But 40 was a workhorse that made tough stuff look easy.

View attachment 47917

View attachment 47918

View attachment 47919

Very neat,I knew little to nothing about wreckers till I watched that show but I had seen cars loaded on or pulled by them over the years living in Stone Mountain an Atalnta lots of wrecks there.

Last night I watched Crossfire Trail w/Tom Selleck and Wilford Brimley, based on a Louis LaMour book.

Tonight I started a Sam Elliot 3 movie set... watching "Rough Riders" tonight. Sam Elliot w/Tom Beremger. Gary Busey and Capt. Dale Dye... lots of well known names had parts in it.

Over the last week wife found some old flicks on TMC. One day was a Lana Turner day. Watched 3-4 of her movies. They were pretty good, I had never saw anything with her in it. Friday night was Steve McQueen night. Watched The Getaway, Bullet, Thomas Crown Affair, and The Great Escape.

Some of the old classics have been passed by and that is sad because many were great movies about life.
An Affair To Remember is one of them one of my favorites Cary Grant, Deborah Kerr.
Imitation Of Life was another good one.
Grapes Of Wrath
Spensers Mountain
Of Mice and Men

We cut the cable years ago, found out we have lots of old time TV, wife watches the old shows, she says when they were on the first time she didn't have time to watch them, so they are new to her. I generally watch netflix 15 minutes at at time...

Last night I watched Crossfire Trail w/Tom Selleck and Wilford Brimley, based on a Louis LaMour book.

Tonight I started a Sam Elliot 3 movie set... watching "Rough Riders" tonight. Sam Elliot w/Tom Beremger. Gary Busey and Capt. Dale Dye... lots of well known names had parts in it.

Hubby has 100s of Louis LaMour books he loves his storys.

We cut the cable years ago, found out we have lots of old time TV, wife watches the old shows, she says when they were on the first time she didn't have time to watch them, so they are new to her. I generally watch netflix 15 minutes at at time...

Got rid of Netflix a couple years ago but it was ok while it lasted and went radical after Obomas bought into it. Couldn't handle making Jesus inot a cross dressingflaming homosexaul. Even if not a Christian which I am imagine if they did the same to Mohammad? Can you even imagine what would happen ?

You are being redirected...

sphemous ‘Christmas’ Video Depicting Gay Jesus, Adulterous Virgin Mary...
BRAINWASHING
"It has become the center of brainwashing for your children, and it will become the mechanical instrument for controlling your mind. At this time I will not go further into detail, but watch what your scientific man shall command to destroy his fellow man." - Jesus, April 2, 1977

We watched this movie free on youtube couple days ago.It was a pretty good movie. We also buy a movie now and then on YT. About a man aand his daughter who he basically abandoned after divorce.

I really didn't catch this part about thanking the gods and Neptune when crossing th Equator.Or your suppose to get naked and swim around the vessel.:huh:

I fast fowarded it to the part of ceromony. They always made me nervous not teethring themselves while in open seas. They have been very lucky many times.

One of Nikki's favorite sayings, I like it too.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it…Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold. Faith alone defends. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” Helen Keller

Last edited:
Back