What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is an annual buffalo round up in Custer State Park, Black Hills, SD, and it was recorded and shared on YouTube. The round up is done to help with herd management, and evidently they do vaccines and other stuff when the herd is rounded up. I can only imagine how dangerous that could be. They said they had lots of volunteers on horseback and with vehicles to help move the herd,1450 buffalo (bison). It was more than an hour long, of little happening, until a certain point, so I sped through it. Buffalo don't show up until more than an hour into the recording. There are some scenes that reminded me of scenes from Dances With Wolves.

:dancing: :thumbs::woo hoo:
GREAT NEWS,THEY ARE " HOPFULLY GOING HOME! Which is of course their catamarn boat in Tonga. As you know we have been watching this couple for over 5 years now and they haave been pandemic stranded in Figi for 6 months.

Last edited:
I'm an endangered species... I am a conservative middle+ aged white guy.
Who's gonna give me 2 million acres? OH heck, I'd take 2000 acres, and they could throw in a Honda civic for mating purposes... though I don't think I can stay in that position long enough to actually mate but I can build a nest for that. ;)

I'm an endangered species... I am a conservative middle+ aged white guy.
Who's gonna give me 2 million acres? OH heck, I'd take 2000 acres, and they could throw in a Honda civic for mating purposes... though I don't think I can stay in that position long enough to actually mate but I can build a nest for that. ;)

Is two million a lot of money to you? Its not to most of us red necks down south.haha.

Let's see; win a $15 million dollar lottery, cash payout is $7.5 million, Taxes are 3.5 million and you have 3.5 million left. Any property you buy will have annual taxes that have to be paid and after about 12 years you will have to sell your property because you can't afford the taxes.
Let me put it this way; If you put your $3.5 million in a CD and take half the interest to live on you get $35,000 per year and add 35,000 to the principal. That will keep you at that living class for about ten years and then you will have to cut into the principal to maintain that low level of living.
If you want to get ahead you have to invest it. For every dollar the stock market gains someone loses a dollar. To me, that means you have a 50/50 chance of going broke. If a recession hits then you have a 90% chance of going broke.

If you can deal with the odds and have a good investment you can be one of the fortunate folks who make a lot of money. So, you can have money, or you can have stuff but rarely both. I've got the stuff I need now and a bit of money to have fun with. I don't need more than that.

Still watching Barney Miller. Forgot how funny it can be. We watch an episode while eating supper

Also watched Mr Belvedere goes to College and The Women online yesterday

Youtube

This reminds me there are still great caring people in the world and prayer works.
Sounds like @Supervisor42 stuck with piloting this plane,
Mr.Meer and I both enjoyed this video.:thumbs:

Yep. That's exactly what I sound like!:p.
Reminds me of when I got on a turbo-prop jump-jet from Greenville NC to Raleigh.
As we got on (it was about the size of a Chevy Suburban) I noticed - no copilot! :oops:
I thought, as I looked around at the other 8 people, if something happens, are they going to be stuck with me?
emo12.gif

I am not a pilot, but I am an 'aviator' and have flown a plane or 3.
Fortunately, I only had to be a passenger
clapslow.gif

Yep. That's exactly what I sound like!:p.
Reminds me of when I got on a turbo-prop jump-jet from Greenville NC to Raleigh.
As we got on (it was about the size of a Chevy Suburban) I noticed - no copilot! :oops:
I thought, as I looked around at the other 8 people, if something happens, are they going to be stuck with me?View attachment 51617
I am not a pilot, but I am an 'aviator' and have flown a plane or 3.
Fortunately, I only had to be a passengerView attachment 51616.
LOL, thats how I would have puctured you in an event like the Whiskey pilot guy t,lol even his name rings a bell. Mr Meer said thats SuperV alright.

Hope all is well with @phideaux , haven't been around plately,miss you hope all is fine .
Hopefully he is just playing with the leftovers of Delta we sent him ;).
It did go his way.
We took the teeth out of it before we sent it:p.

GOOD NEWS! Its in rough shape being docked so long but at least they are with thier home aka boat.
The Wynns are bak on their boat after 7 months of isolation in African Island. We really enjoyed this couples videos for years now.

The original True Grit (again)

We've been so hungry for a movie to watch that we have watched all the old ones so many times over the years now we remember them too. So its to no politic or religion ,no blood, no vulgarity normal people living life.

Like this couple below who we love to watch.So far,afriad to brag might change em.;)

I’m watching the snow falling outside my window today. That, plus a warm glow from my wood stove.

last night I watched the alabama/georgia college football game. Pretty good game, thought georgia would win, happy they didn't.

Then I watched the last Jurassic Park movie (4th? 5th?). It was predictable... people look for dinosaurs, people find dinosaurs, people run and die screaming...
Except all the dinosaurs died at the end of this one, I think.

I watched the modern "Midway" movie before bed. Today I'm watching the nascar race.

Last edited:
Back