What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then we watched the second "The Hobbit" movie. I wish movies were closer to the book reality. They added "Tauriel", an enchanting she-elf, she wasn't in the book.

One of my favorite parts is where Gandalf whispers to a moth and it fetches the eagles to save him, the dwarves, and Bilbo from certain death.
Tonight I'll watch the third movie. I like these movies because good always wins over bad even though it may be hard, dangerous, and look hopeless. Plus it's about loyalty, honor, and courage and features beautiful countryside and guys that are easy on the eyes.

Grand daughter and I watched both versions of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas yesterday".
Then we watched a stupid show from the west coast called "Blippi".
That reminds me of "Pee Wee Herman".....
Wonder if "Pee Wee Herman had an idiot child his name would be "Blippi".
Not impressed with "Blippi, but wasn't impressed with "Pee Wee Herman" either.

Anyone use Box Office site to watch movies?

I wanted to watch 'Pocket Full Of Miracles ' again,but youtube doesn't hve it clear from what I see and doesn'r have it to rent.
This one is copied so not sure how it will play.

Last edited:
I am trying to limit myself to 1 episode a day of the very last season of Supernatural and not stay up until 2 am and binge watch the whole thing....

Hillbilly Elegy
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6772802/
A great movie that takes place in Kentucky and Ohio. I may watch it again. It made me laugh and cry at the same time.

Watched Black Beauty (newer version), The Black Stallion, Jr., and Pride and Prejudice with Collin Furth last week while house sitting and throwing the ball and frisbee for the dogs. Pitcher's arm needs a rest.

Still keeping up with the Wynns. Still getting closer to launch day.At least they will be back on board and in the water.

Hey Weedy, been thinking about watching Hillbilly. It got a ton of bad reviews, described as rich people describing poor people. So I thought it might be good because of who was doing the reviewing. Ha Ha. I will now.
The movie spoke to me because it is about a dysfunctional family. At one point, there was money for cigarettes, but no money for food. My priorities are different than that, but have seen this in action.

We watched it last night, and I really enjoyed it. We have drug/alcohol addiction in our family, so I identified with that part of it and what the main character went through. I noticed that too, where mamaw had no money for food, meals on wheels came, but she was smoking a cigarette, and later there were soda pops on the pantry shelf. Was a little mixed up on the supposed ages....mamaw had the drug addicted daughter at age 13? Or maybe I was missing something. If so, they didn't look so close in age. Good movie.

Latest posts

Back