What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally after over a year back on boat, you can see the stress on their faces from lockdown in Figi and Tonga for past year. Lots of work after boat being left for year to get it back water,

I posted the other video of the footage on another thread.

Did you see the video where James O'Keeffe confronts this asshat on the street?!

NO!!!! It usually send me a notification. I’ve been waiting. I’ll have to look.

The jerk tried to excuse the Molotov cocktail comment by saying it was a DRINK!

There are no words. Thank you for posting that. Wow. How stupid do they think people are!?

Stupid enough to vote for them.

My movie came in! I keep a list of 25 or so classic movies I want on dvd or bluray. I check sales or the discount bin at wally's from time to time.

"My Darling Clementine" came up in another thread the other day, one of the greatest westerns ever made. I had been compiling a list of goodies to order from the net so I checked that night. $9 was the price, at the top end of what I usually pay but what the heck! Next time the power is off I know what I'm watching.

Clementine (2) sm.JPG

I found something new to watch ( well old, but we haven't had tv in 20 or so years so a lot of stuff we haven't seen) The Amazing Race on Hulu ( son logged me into his account)
It's a show about these teams of 2 racing around the world, last team to arrive at a destination gets eliminated, winner wins a million$. We used to travel a lot so this is fun to watch to me. If we were even 10 years younger, we could do well if we got picked to do this. But I really hate flying so I probably wouldn't want to do it. It's fun to watch, there are a lot of farm type activities, like milking a camel, or riding horses in Mongolia , or feeding camels, or ( this one made me really laugh) herding sheep into a pen. There are also a lot of climbing type of activities, like rappelling off buildings ( done that, done cliffs, and mountains) , which would be fun.

I found something new to watch ( well old, but we haven't had tv in 20 or so years so a lot of stuff we haven't seen) The Amazing Race on Hulu ( son logged me into his account)
If you have Amazon Prime, it's there too. And you don't have any commercials like on Hulu.

The wife and I are watching this series now too. We started into it years ago, somewhere around season 15. They just finished broadcasting season 32. So we went back to the beginning and started with season 1. We are now in season 4. The newer seasons got better than the earlier ones. The early ones are still good, but they mostly focused on making successful travel arrangements. The tasks the teams had to do were not difficult enough to differentiate them much. But the airports and arrangements made there are what separate the teams in the early shows. That's not quite as interesting as the later shows, but it's still fun.

[edit] p.s. - There have been two trips to India in these first four seasons (maybe even another trip in season 4 - we haven't finished that one yet). I'll bet The Amazing Race has done more to nuke tourism in India than any other show. Wow, what a wretched place the way they show it. [edit]

Last edited:
Maybe the show got better… I saw a few episodes during the first couple of seasons. My impression, no one could use a map, look at the sky and tell time or direction. I remember thinking these folks would get lost trying to find the can in Grand Central Station.

If I see a re-run in my channel guide I’ll check it out…

My movie came in! I keep a list of 25 or so classic movies I want on dvd or bluray. I check sales or the discount bin at wally's from time to time.

"My Darling Clementine" came up in another thread the other day, one of the greatest westerns ever made. I had been compiling a list of goodies to order from the net so I checked that night. $9 was the price, at the top end of what I usually pay but what the heck! Next time the power is off I know what I'm watching.

View attachment 56886

Thats rightup there with The Grapes of Wrath , Of Mice and Men but earlier. I also liked Spencers Mountain and my favorite was The Rare Breed also later on.
The Great Waltz was another great story about johann Strauss.

My impression, no one could use a map
That is so true. And it just amazes me. I can't remember a time when I couldn't read a map. Geez, you can get lost when you don't have a map. A map is what keeps you from getting lost. Or gets you un-lost if given to you after you got lost. Yet here these people are, with maps, and no clue how to get from point A to point B. I just don't understand that level of incompetence. I don't remember being trained on how to read a map. It was just obvious. Sure, you'll need to learn some symbols and conventions if reading a topo map or a nautical chart, but a road map? Easy Peasy.

I've been watching Jim Hensons Storyteller just before sleep as a way to get the politics and action movies out of my head before I try to go to bed.

If you have Amazon Prime, it's there too. And you don't have any commercials like on Hulu.

[edit] p.s. - There have been two trips to India in these first four seasons (maybe even another trip in season 4 - we haven't finished that one yet). I'll bet The Amazing Race has done more to nuke tourism in India than any other show. Wow, what a wretched place the way they show it. [edit]

I don't have anything :) Daughter has the Netflix and son has something that he uses for gaming but includes Hulu.

I started in the middle somewhere, I think I am watching season 16 at the moment, just randomly picked something

India : I LOVE India lol! Been there ( Dheli , Agra , Mumbai, some rural areas in Rajastan, Jaipur, a national park with tigers) . It was my absolute favorite trip we did of all times. I love the food, the music, Bollywood movies, the people, I even enjoyed shopping there, everything is cheap. The only thing I hated was that it is hot. It is even hotter than Florida. I think I must have been Indian in a previous life or something. I have wanted to go there since I was a little kid, and when we did it was amazing. Traffic is crazy however, cows, camels , goats, even elephants on the roads, but the bus drivers and taxi drivers will run over a human before they run over a cow.

Maybe the show got better… I saw a few episodes during the first couple of seasons. My impression, no one could use a map, look at the sky and tell time or direction. I remember thinking these folks would get lost trying to find the can in Grand Central Station.

If I see a re-run in my channel guide I’ll check it out…

That's part of what makes it fun to watch, they have some of the most stupid people I have ever heard on there...most of them have NO clue about geography. They don't know anything. They can't do anything. I watched this one episode where these 2 black women couldn't swim. They were standing at the pool crying hysterically because they couldn't swim 200 meters. They can't ride a horse, they can't milk a goat, they can't speak a word of any foreign language, they can't count, they can't do math, they can't even read instructions. But they will bungy jump , which is something I wouldn't do

India : I LOVE India lol!
What they showed about India, were super packed trains where the females were getting groped. Police in the train stations randomly hitting people with sticks as they walked by, apparently for no reason. That's what turned me off. There was massive poverty and squalor in the streets - that makes you want to help more than turn you off, but still, it is not fun to watch. I remember one of the contestants saying, "I wonder what happened here to cause it to get so bad?" I agree, based on the scenes they were showing. Every place looked to be crammed with people. No place for you to go that wasn't already occupied by a mass of others. Different parts of India looked like royalty walked there. But that division of the haves and the have nots is true in all countries.

It's possible that the camera operators were focusing on the worst scenes for shock value. But both the wife and I said, after watching those episodes, is that we would never want to go there.

The wife and I are watching this series now too. We started into it years ago, somewhere around season 15. They just finished broadcasting season 32. So we went back to the beginning and started with season 1. We are now in season 4. The newer seasons got better than the earlier ones. The early ones are still good, but they mostly focused on making successful travel arrangements. The tasks the teams had to do were not difficult enough to differentiate them much. But the airports and arrangements made there are what separate the teams in the early shows. That's not quite as interesting as the later shows, but it's still fun.

ok having internet problem, tried posting this earlier but failed.. well some of my post appears to have showed up

Need a new computer I think sorry if I posted something twice

What they showed about India, were super packed trains where the females were getting groped. Police in the train stations randomly hitting people with sticks as they walked by, apparently for no reason. That's what turned me off. There was massive poverty and squalor in the streets - that makes you want to help more than turn you off, but still, it is not fun to watch. I remember one of the contestants saying, "I wonder what happened here to cause it to get so bad?" I agree, based on the scenes they were showing. Every place looked to be crammed with people. No place for you to go that wasn't already occupied by a mass of others. Different parts of India looked like royalty walked there. But that division of the haves and the have nots is true in all countries.

It's possible that the camera operators were focusing on the worst scenes for shock value. But both the wife and I said, after watching those episodes, is that we would never want to go there.

We didn't take a train, we were on a bus ( tour group mostly , but we did do stuff on our own also). The hotels we stayed in were absolutely beautiful, I bet Trumps freakin Vegas hotel is not as nice . Yes there are lots of people, that is true. But we didn't feel unsafe anywhere ( unlike many places in large cities in the U.S. , just driving through them can be scary). Ever driven through the Bronx? Now THAT is a scary place.
I only saw one episode where they were in India and it didn't seem that bad. Only bad experience I had in India was at the Taj Mahal, which was VERY crowded, and some stupid Japanese tourist pushed me from behind and I almost fell and got run over

We have been watching dozens of old movies on TCM. Literally 1 per day. My only requrements are that they be made before 1961 and not too stupid (DH doesn't like Danny Kaye movies....)

Last month and up until yesterday, we were watching (again for some; first time for some) DR. WHO older shows that ran in a marathon up till 1/1. All my faves and it turns out, 2014 must have been a really busy year for us as we had not seen any of those... No wonder 2015 shows made no sense to us when we watched them.

The older shows had morals and points to them. Showed evil as evil, not as a mixed "maybe we just had a tough alien childhood" hahaha but you get my point.

Dislike the current Doctor (but loved her in other roles). And sick of all the "PC-ness".

Latest posts

Back