What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watch the triple D show also. I keep mulling over a weekend trip. The first thing I checked was a couple of the cooking websites to see if they had been to restaurants in that city... lol. Might as well know the best places to eat before I go.
About six years ago or so the wife and I took an extended road trip. She informed me that she had lined out triple D restaurants all across the country for us to visit. My face lit up. She started laughing and informed me about the show. At least I got some grub out of the deal.

About six years ago or so the wife and I took an extended road trip. She informed me that she had lined out triple D restaurants all across the country for us to visit. My face lit up. She started laughing and informed me about the show. At least I got some grub out of the deal.
I have eaten at some DDD restaurants as well. It is a great way to know where to get great food if you are traveling. They have 38 seasons of shows now, perhaps 10 episodes per season. I could be wrong about the number of episodes. In any event, I was thrilled to see family on the show.

I've started to watch videos of the Carol Duvall show on youtube.
Its an old school craft show that started in 1994.
I remember watching it almost every day back then on HGTV
I liked the show because sometimes things didn't go as planned but it wasn't cut out. Sometimes her fingers wouldn't work and she get a little flummoxed and just moved on. It was funny. Just normal and not all showy

Saturday nights on the history channel there has been a mini-series aired. The title is "The Pacific". It follows a company of the 1st Marine division beginning with the start of ww2 and then the campaign at Guadalcanal. Tonight's episode (#5) is their landing at Peleiu. I think there are 10 episodes total.

It's filmed just like the "Band of Brothers" with actors playing real people who fought with that company. It relives what they went through .

Battlebots on Discovery+, then we will see what else they offer during the 7 day free trial.

I watch battlebots sometimes. From my engineering background I wish they'd spend more camera time backstage. I'd really like to see what's inside the bots.

Ever have a hard time finding something to watch?
Even with Hughes Net and Dish we sometimes can't watch anything except a DVD.

I have Dish also and can't live stream or watch youtub. I have about 200 dvds. I check the discount bin at Wally's occasionally. I like to buy old movies, even old black and white stuff. I check special pkg deals on amerzon. I once got 9 john wayne movies for $22. I don't have a lot of money in my dvd collection and have some great old films. I try to never spend more than $10 per dvd, usually spend closer to $5.

I bought the entire "Soprano's" box set, 6 seasons, watching it now. Certain times of the year there is nothing to watch on Dish, like now.

I watch battlebots sometimes. From my engineering background I wish they'd spend more camera time backstage. I'd really like to see what's inside the bots.

I have Dish also and can't live stream or watch youtub. I have about 200 dvds. I check the discount bin at Wally's occasionally. I like to buy old movies, even old black and white stuff. I check special pkg deals on amerzon. I once got 9 john wayne movies for $22. I don't have a lot of money in my dvd collection and have some great old films. I try to never spend more than $10 per dvd, usually spend closer to $5.

I bought the entire "Soprano's" box set, 6 seasons, watching it now. Certain times of the year there is nothing to watch on Dish, like now.
This was my experience when I had cable more than a decade ago. There was nothing that I wanted to watch on it. We used to have many VHS tapes because we got at least one new one a month. Then we got DVD's and had a large collection. We have mostly stopped buying them. My new laptop does not have a DVD player, and I need to figure out what to buy and how to use it that I can plug into the laptop.

We have been watching a series called Flack. It is season 1. It's about celebrities and thier publicists. All the lies they tell and the spin to keep celebrities out of trouble is staggerering. I know it's crude humor and a waste of my time but we find it entertaining.

David the Good on YouTube. I’ve read some of his books and we just got fast enough internet to stream video 🎉 so we ditched Dish Network. I’m loving it so far but it’s all new to me.

Back