What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've had heavy rain all day. Moved more stuff into our add on bedroom and closet. Moved husband's desk out of the family room and into the small office, and he's setting that up now. What a mess, everything is shifting to different rooms, but we now have room to breathe. The master bath has not been put in yet, maybe next week, so I just shut the door. Granddaughter dropped off at work, we went into the thrift store to shop, and then over to where she works and had ice cream sundaes. Calling it an early night tonight

I watched the remake of "Battle of the Bulge". I bought it spur of the moment which I almost never do but it was on sale. It starred Tom Berenger, who I like as an actor, lots of great roles in his career.

This movie was so bad even he couldn't save it. It was the writing, the subplots were pathetic. Badly written, badly directed... 85 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

B4BB965B-8EA6-410B-802F-13606F16C579.jpeg

Can anyone name this 1989 movie?
Watched it last night. Great comedy!

Loving
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loving_(2016_film)
I decided to watch all of Colin Firth's movies. I made spread sheet and listed them by year. He is involved in more than 80 films, recorded plays and other. He did not act in this film, he produced it. This is part of my stay at home and stop turning on my television thing.

I have been watching other stuff, but I do this kind of thing. I have picked authors and tried to read everything they have written. Pearl Buck is someone I decided to read all that she had written. Years ago, it was Chaim Potok.

I am trying to figure out who might be someone else to watch everything they have been involved with. I'm open to ideas and suggestions.

Flash Dance, from 1983. I remember when the movie came out. The husband of a friend of mine went out and bought her a pair of leggings, like the ones in the movie. They are not like the leggings of today.

I am caught up on Vincenzo so now I am watching another Turkish soap opera. This one has endless episodes so I will stuff to watch indefinitely unless I get bored with it. "Black money love"
But very busy at the moment and only a little time in summer to watch anything.

It happens after a busy day

Sometimes it happensto me most of the time! Slow days too, I realize :oops: this year is 2017! Really feel foolish after commenting on a few of them.I even welcomed Sentury back on one. He ain't back.

It can be intense but I like the dark humor which can be rather twisted.

Then you'll love the news. Peanut all kidding aside we're alwayslooking for good movies. Last one was Atlas Shrugged.5 hours in 3 movies.
Also The Goal and Brian Banks true stories. I don't like vilence, horror or agenda pushing do little to see anymore.

We watched this one again a few months ago on YT. Last time we saw it was several decades ago,its a true movie about Barbara Graham first women put to death I think.

I first saw this movie on the Late Show on tv,I was 15 and mad ,stuck in the woods with nothing but tv and then this.what 15 yr old wants to watch opera in the 60s ? It has been one of my ffavorite movies of ll time,right up there in top five.

89DA484C-1B28-4CBF-9569-17CB8CEC7025.jpeg

So, I’ve been finding myself watching foreign films to see what the rest of the world currently looks like. Different attitudes & ways of dealings are intriguing. I tend to watch family comedy’s, like Paper Lives, the one pictured above from Spain. The film made an English version with different voices that I’m currently watching. I’ve watched movies with subtitles, too. My wife could not do subtitles. No biggie.

If you want to go to sleep quickly in front of the TV, turn on any interesting international film with subtitles.

Latest posts

Back