What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight it's the fully restored version of "The Ten Commandments" I bought last year on dvd... seems appropriate.

If you want to go to sleep quickly in front of the TV, turn on any interesting international film with subtitles.

Years ago while in France I saw an episode of "Benny Hill". It was dubbed in Dutch and the subtitles were in german. If anything it was even funnier... Benny Hill speaking Dutch is hysterical. I also saw a US drag racing event on the sports channel dubbed in french, now that was just sad...

Tonight it's the fully restored version of "The Ten Commandments" I bought last year on dvd... seems appropriate.

Years ago while in France I saw an episode of "Benny Hill". It was dubbed in Dutch and the subtitles were in german. If anything it was even funnier... Benny Hill speaking Dutch is hysterical. I also saw a US drag racing event on the sports channel dubbed in french, now that was just sad...
French drag racing 😁 that sounds like a bad combo!

I'd usually keep my tv at the hotel on the sports channel. If I knew the sport the announcers voice didn't matter... If I wanted to listen to a bunch of people speak in another language I'd go to the bar. ;)

Jesus of Nazareth, 6 hours long.

Mrs. Winterbourne

The Ten commandments is the first in color movie I saw at the Drive In theatre.

Last edited:
Itshard to find a good movie now. We've watched the old ones for decades now,so running out of those.

Based on the book by Chaim Potok? Jewish?
Not sure on the book 🤦🏻‍♀️ The producer was on Glenn Beck. It is on youtube and a few other formats, but the second season on will only be viewable on the app. It is the life of Jesus. The first episode was a bit slow/confusing. But it has gotten so good. Tonight it is live streamed.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9471404/episodes

Not sure on the book 🤦🏻‍♀️ The producer was on Glenn Beck. It is on youtube and a few other formats, but the second season on will only be viewable on the app. It is the life of Jesus. The first episode was a bit slow/confusing. But it has gotten so good. Tonight it is live streamed.
Thank you.
Starting in about 5 minutes.

Still Here,a movie about a missing child.True story,it was ok. But sad how many kids go mising rhis natioin every year.

Thank you. I have given up television and news and am now watching so many movies I've never seen before and listening to music.

Tonight I watched the pilot of a new tv show, Kung Fu. It's a re-launch of the 70's tv series with Carradine. The show back story was interesting, a young female, Shaolin kung fu master searching for an ancient sword that was stolen when her temple was raided by some evil kung fu lady in modern times. (the idea of a female shaolin master actually has it's roots in history)...

The day to day action of the show was a little predictable, some really bad guy in China Town doing bad things to good little store owners, blah, blah, b-blah... while the hunt for the sword continues.

The fight scenes were so well choreographed it was difficult to know it anyone actually knew kung fu.

I think I'll watch the next episode but if it's no better I'll not be watching a 3rd.

I finally finished all 6 seasons of Breaking Bad last night. Tonight I watched the pre-season opener of Deadliest Catch. a recap of last season, a chat with some of the Captains. The season opener is next Tuesday.

Looks bad for the entire industry. Covid restrictions have run amok and decimated the fleet, flight restrictions, the list is endless. It might even force the end of crab fishing for the foreseeable future.

Miss Potter, the story of children's author, Beatrix Potter. It was much better than I thought it would be.

I had two complete sets of her books. The first set was given to me by the family of a former student and they were small books. The second set was larger. Her books were so popular that she became quite wealthy with enough money to purchase estates. She eventually married, but her parents never approved of her choices of husbands. She married without their approval.

Microsoft update tried to take control of my pc night before last. I tried to shut it down before going to bed... it wouldn't let me. I fixed that, shut off the power at the bus bar.

So last night MS update tried again. Starting much earlier I let it run... In the mean time I watched "My Darling Clementine" w/Henry Fonda, Walter Brennan, Victor Mature, Linda Darnell... A great movie.

I learned a great deal about the movie when I ordered it a few months ago. It was the 1st of the post war westerns, considered the greatest of the westerns for several decades. Watching it I saw techniques... even bit and pieces of the plot that I've seen in many of the westerns in later years. A very enjoyable movie to see, glad I have a copy.

Anyone remember a tv show named "Northern Exposure"? It ran for 6 seasons, won a lot of awards. A great show, I caught almost every episode for the first 2 seasons. During the next 4 seasons I moved 3500 miles and lived in 2 other states, missed most of the episodes.

Anyway, a few years ago I looked for a box set hoping it had been put on dvd. It had, it was way over priced, lots of bad reviews about the sound quality and other factors so I passed on it.

A week ago I saw it had been put on dvd again. This version had great reviews and was $46 for 85+ hours of viewing time, 110 episodes, all 6 seasons. It came today... I know what I'll be watching the next few weeks.

(the show was filmed in Roslyn WA, a tiny town I visited while working in Seattle, drove up there one weekend, they weren't filming that weekend but I had lunch at the "Brick", a bar/restaurant featured in the show.)

Northern Exp sm.JPG

Latest posts

Back