What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I watched 3 movies back to back made as a series, about werewolves and vampires at war with each other. After 6hrs I can say with certainty - never hire a vampire or werewolf to do electrical work or most especially plumbing.

They were always running around poorly lit buildings with pools of water standing everywhere. :rolleyes:

I never figured out why they were at war... best guess, someone hired their brother-n-law to do the plumbing work and wanted the other group to pay for it, war is always about money... but what do I know?

That's 6hrs I'll never get back! It was raining outside, cleaned the house yesterday and there was absolutely nothing else on tv...

Last edited:
Today I watched 3 movies back to back made as a series, about werewolves and vampires at war with each other. After 6hrs I can say with certainty - never hire a vampire or werewolf to do electrical work or most especially plumbing.

They were always running around poorly lit buildings with pools of water standing everywhere. :rolleyes:

I never figured out why they were at war... best guess, someone hired their brother-n-law to do the plumbing work and wanted the other group to pay for it, war is always about money... but what do I know?

That's 6hrs I'll never get back! It was raining outside, cleaned the house yesterday and there was absolutely nothing else on tv...
When I was a teenager, that kind of stuff fascinated me. Let's say, it hasn't fascinated me since.

The Sea of Trees

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sea_of_Trees
The Sea of Trees is a 2015 American drama mystery film directed by Gus Van Sant and written by Chris Sparling. The film stars Matthew McConaughey, Ken Watanabe, Naomi Watts, Katie Aselton and Jordan Gavaris.

The film is about an American man who attempts suicide in Aokigahara, aka the "Japanese suicide forest," where he meets a Japanese man who is there for the same reason. Principal photography began on July 28, 2014, in Foxborough, Massachusetts; the production moved to Japan in September of the same year. It was selected to compete for the Palme d'Or at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival.[3][4]

The Gentlemen--I couldn't get into it, even though it seemed to be highly recommended.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gentlemen_(2019_film)

So I ran across this show Boonies on natgeo it's supposed to be about people living off of the grid. I have never seen more fake contrived scripted drama in my life. Anyone else seen this craptastic show?
No, and am glad for the head's up. There are YouTube channels where people are living off the grid and documenting it for us to see.

So I ran across this show Boonies on natgeo it's supposed to be about people living off of the grid. I have never seen more fake contrived scripted drama in my life. Anyone else seen this craptastic show?

Haven't seen it so thanks fro the warning HashB. We usually watch bio's or PG movies and true story's.And a seafaring reality couple on YT.

A few weeks ago the series "The Pacific" was on the history channel. About the 1st Marine division in the Pacific war, similar to "Band of Brothers". I posted about it saying I wanted a copy. Anyway, I saw it on Blu-ray today at a big electronics store for $30. More than I wanted to pay but still not to bad, $3 each for 10 episodes.

Mostly I paid for packaging which was neat. It came in a painted tin box w/lid.

Also I got all 3 "Taken" movies w/ Liam Neeson for $9. and "Call of the Wild" w/ Harrison Ford, based on the Book by Jack London for $7.

The Pacific (1) sm.JPG
The Pacific (2) sm.JPG
The Pacific (4) sm.JPG
The Pacific (5) sm.JPG
The Pacific (6) sm.JPG

Last edited:
Watched "The Duchess," again, with Kiera Knightley. I saw it a few months ago, but something about the story line had been on my mind. This is based on a true story. The Duchess was an ancestor of Princess Diana and there are similarities in their lives.

Watched "Fighting SeaBee's" w/John Wayne earlier this evening. "Rooster Cogburn" is on now, 1975 version with Wayne and Hepburn. Whoops... the 1967 version of the "Dirty Dozen" just came on, watching it now.

Edit to add... The other day I bought "The Call of the Wild" w/Harrison Ford. It's based on the Jack London book. Well, the book is a masterpiece, no movie could really do it justice.

With that in mind... The movie would be great for a family. It's clean and safe for kids to see. There is a great deal of CGI, done fairly well. I got the movie on the discount rack. I'll watch it again...

Last edited:
This is my ideal end goal. Self-sustainability on power, water, working from home, home schooling, self-sufficient skills, etc. ❤️
It's going to take a long time to get there, ha.

Finally got done with my Turkish soap opera. It ended well. The good guys won. The couples got married and lived happily ever after, the really bad guy went to prison and hung himself. The other really bad guy got shot in the head and ended up paralyzed. No political correctness what so ever in the entire 164 episodes. But I have to say....Turkish guys are not very good looking.

Back