What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After I showed The Princess the Venn diagram posted in the jokes thread

View attachment 73186

We decided to round out our dystopian movies by watching Idiocracy and reserved others from the library. Idiocracy was good and not as depressing as most dystopian movies.

Ben
That is not a genre that I gravitate to or can even get through the films.

That is not a genre that I gravitate to or can even get through the films.
I understand.

We had been doing all of the Mad Max Escape from NY 1984 but they were too depressing in the context of the news. We had to immerse ourselves in musicals to recover.

But we did recover and ready for more.

Ben

I understand.

We had been doing all of the Mad Max Escape from NY 1984 but they were too depressing in the context of the news. We had to immerse ourselves in musicals to recover.

But we did recover and ready for more.

Ben
I've seen Mad Max, but it has been many years. What is interesting to me is how what I like to watch has changed so much. COVID really put me in a place of wanting peace and not dealing with crazy stuff in movies or from people. I have seen so many rom-coms in the past year. I would never have thought that was my thing, but somehow, those and turning off the television has been my main thing.

Reactions: Neb
My favorite zombie movies are comedies... The best is "Shuan of the Dead", the one set in England, it always makes me laugh. And both the "Zombieland" movies, the first one is better but both are funny.

I watched "Poltergeist" this afternoon. The old movie from 1982, hadn't see it in decades. I enjoyed it.

The special effects were cutting edge back then, a spielberg film I think.

I missed episode 2 of La Brea tuesday night but it was on again tonight. Episode #1 and #2 played back to back. It has good actors most would recognize, a good story line but I'm still iffy on this show. If the plot goes all weird and hard to follow I'll skip it. It has potential so I'll keep watching for now.

Ive watched The Walking Dead for nearly a decade now. We cut off cable so haven’t seen season 11 yet.

Ive watched The Walking Dead for nearly a decade now. We cut off cable so haven’t seen season 11 yet.
I cut off cable many years ago, and in the last year, don't watch any television. It is all movies from DVD's and streaming for me now. I'd bet that you will eventually find season 11 to stream somewhere.

Better Call Saul
Did a new season start? I must have missed it. I really liked the seasons I saw.

I regularly watched the walking dead until '20, family health issues derailed all my normal viewing habits for that year. I tried to watch this season but just can't get into it.

I listened o an interesting interview that starts at 12:46 into this

I will watch it again.

Author of the anarchists handbook(?).

Ends at 29:07

Ben

Last edited:
Nope. Just never watched Breaking Bad. Think we saw one or two of them when they came out, but didn't really watch. Both shows were filmed in Albuquerque, so we know where most of the places they show are. They mentioned Saul selling cell phones in Corrales to soccer moms outside the grocery store and that was funny. We lived there. No grocery store, just a little mini mart.

Nope. Just never watched Breaking Bad. Think we saw one or two of them when they came out, but didn't really watch. Both shows were filmed in Albuquerque, so we know where most of the places they show are.

Sort of neat when you know a place someone filmed a show. You've lived in the San Fernando Valley haven't you? It always surprised me when I'd stop at a light or something and I recognize the intersection or see building from a show. I lived up in NewHall where a great many old westerns were filmed along with a great many other shows.

I bought the Breaking Bad box set a few years ago, didn't watch it this last winter. In winter I'm stuck in the house more and get tired of regular tv.

I like the show, interesting story. It's long, 60 or so episodes/5 seasons.

I like Better Call Saul also, it's such a twisted story, funny.

Lived in San Jose, Santa Cruz, and Camarillo (Ventura county). In New Mexico, lived in Las Cruces and Corrales (suburb of Albuquerque).
I guess ol Saul Goodman (ha) is back in Albuquerque filming, he was at a soccer tournament there a few weeks ago and made the papers. But I also saw the papers said the Film Industry is going on strike, so if they do, who knows when he finishes the last season to it.
Meth heads are twisted, and lawyers are twisted, don't know why I'm watching

It's an interesting show, how "Walt", the main character, is just a normal guy, doing all the right things then suddenly has his world turned upside down because of the cancer diagnosis.

Walt turns to murder in short order... he goes from a normal guy to a monster. But you still keeps rooting for him... Does he redeem himself at some point?

Don't know if he redeems himself or not. But he's kinda like Saul in a way that they both want money and power. So far, Saul in unredeemable, but don't know about Walt. They both have the "nothing to lose mentality", loose cannons. At the point where Tuco is finally dead. That character was very psycho.
Our two youngest daughters met the young man that plays Walt Jr when they were filming in Albuquerque, and thought that was pretty cool.

Whenever I see older RV's that are in bad shape, with otherwise homeless people around them, I think of Breaking Bad. No one lived in an RV, they just used it for cooking their meth. I often wonder how many RV's are used for that.

Latest posts

Back