What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been hearing raves about it, but I can't bring myself to watch it. One man said it was the best thing he had ever seen and he and his family were so drawn in. I just saw a story that there is some reality in the series. It is a game where if you join and you are the last person, you win a large amount of money. As people lose, they die. In South Korea, people are supposedly deeply in debt and suicide is common as a result.
My daughter wanted us to watch it. The ending is quite ironic. Looking back as a whole I liked it, but the first few episodes were torture.

My daughter wanted us to watch it. The ending is quite ironic. Looking back as a whole I liked it, but the first few episodes were torture.
I am with you on watching with your child/daughter, you need to know what they are seeing & help them understand the bias, there is always a bias of some kind.
I got to watch "One Tree hill" & "Gilmore Girls" with my daughter.
I know nothing about this " Squid Games", but I am sure your daughter will remember that you watch it with her.

I am with you on watching with your child/daughter, you need to know what they are seeing & help them understand the bias, there is always a bias of some kind.
I got to watch "One Tree hill" & "Gilmore Girls" with my daughter.
I know nothing about this " Squid Games", but I am sure your daughter will remember that you watch it with her.
Yes, I will take what I can get especially with her being 18 and out of the house next year!

My daughter is 31 & married, we are go out for sushi Sunday afternoon/evening, so lunch & dinner is a great way to catch up on things.

Nothing was on today, absolutely nothing worth watching. Dvd's tonight.

Late last night I saw part of "All is Quiet on the Western Front". Thankfully it was a talkie. Considering it was filmed in 1930 the battle scenes were done pretty well though. But I still couldn't get into it, just to tired.

Nothing was on today, absolutely nothing worth watching. Dvd's tonight.

Late last night I saw part of "All is Quiet on the Western Front". Thankfully it was a talkie. Considering it was filmed in 1930 the battle scenes were done pretty well though. But I still couldn't get into it, just to tired.
When I decided to turn off my television well over a year ago, I had already found that there was little to watch.
Are you still recovering from the mowing you did?

Night of the Living Dead (from 1968) is on tonight at 9pm cst. I haven't seen it a few years... don't know if I'll watch all of it, maybe part.

channel TCM, turner classic movies.

Continuing into the second season of Money Heist on Netflix. Can't decide if we are going to stick with it. I mean, the first season was very engaging. (Watched in Spanish, with English subtitles.) Second season is usually when I bail...just a few episodes in...I keep thinking there may be some resolution...and yet it keeps going on. Well, the wife won't watch Lucifer, so Money Heist it is on movie night...or a Hallmark Movie.

I'm watching a food show on PBS, "Les Stroud's Wild Harvest". Survival expert Les Stroud is dragging some well known chef around the wilderness in Canada and they're cooking whatever roots and shoots that Les can scrounge. They made fritters out of cattails and fireweed, some other strange plants including dandelion, and a little beer. Interesting concept, and I love to see people demonstrating wild plants, but it doesn't look very tasty to me...

I used to watch Les Stroud, liked his shows. Cattails? New foragers are always excited about cattails. That lasts right up until they eat some. There is a reason I've never seen a big table of cattails at the farmers market. They taste like crap, lol, there's not enough ketchup in the world to make them any better.

I got a new dvd last week "Serengeti 2" and watched some last night. It's good, I saw it when it aired last year. It's 6 hours long, great nature photography and only $9. It'll be great for kids to zone out watching and enjoyable for adults.

I planted marigolds all around our garden this year. Don't know if it helped with bugs or not.
The little granddaughter and the neighbor boy went trick or treating in the nearby town with the teens (they go to High School there). That town is small, but residential and not amish. So we came home, had dinner, and watched El Camino. Not sure if I liked it or not, but finished Breaking Bad, so it was the next thing.

I liked it, seen it a couple times. A good movie, wouldn't spend money on a dvd but it was okay.

I've seen a couple of her movies I liked.
I have only recently watched a few things that Witherspoon is in. I may have seen her in something my daughter owned many years ago. This movie is on Hulu now. I liked it, too.

She was raised in Nashville so at least her accent is authentic. Sometimes an actor's bad southern accent is all it takes to ruin a good movie for me. Other times I try to ignore it because the movie is so good... for instance, Forrest Gump. Tom Hanks had the most pathetic southern accent I've ever heard. His was so bad it over shadowed a couple of the other poorly done accents in the movie.

Humphrey Bogart movies tonight. "Maltese Falcon" at 7pm and at 9 "Across the Pacific". The 2nd about japanese spy plot concerning the Panama Canal as ww2 started.

Both movies on TCM.

Latest posts

Back