What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night the Finale of this year's World Series. Great game. Go Braves.
Been a fan since I started listening to them on the radio in 1967. I was 6 years old that summer.

Ha! You and me both. I remember getting a little radio that barely played but sometimes I could listen to the Braves. I was a big fan even though they always lost. After the first big strike (about '87), then another a few years later. I gave up completely on baseball. Something about it galled me. I didn't even watch the good Braves in the middle 90's, not a single game.

Last night I happened to watch the last 2 outs. Flipping channels, saw the score then watched.

The thing I love about their win... Earlier this year the nut jobs got the all star game moved out of Atlanta for their pc god. Now the Atlanta home team are world champs! Irony is a wonderful thing sometimes!😎

Bogart movie update... Enjoy both of tonight's films immensely.

Last edited:
I watched most of "A League of their own" tonight. Haven't seen it in many years. I'd forgotten how funny some parts were.

Right now Jackson Browne is on Austin City Limits. I'd forgotten how good this guy's voice was. I think I had an 8-trac of him, maybe James Taylor. Only had a few, cassette tapes were coming out and I usually bought albums anyway.

I miss Fred Astaire.

Darn It! He was on monday night late. He and Ginger Rogers in one of their best dance movies. I must have gotten distracted by something and missed it. Just remembered when you mentioned it. I only wanted to see one of the dance numbers, don't think I could sit through a whole movie.

A spy movie is coming on now, "Salt" don't think I've ever seen it.

I watched a total trainwreck of a tv show , well, a few episodes, couldn't look away. Shameless. This has everything that is wrong with America in it! My gosh, it elevates white /ghetto trash to a new level. Never seen a "family" more horrible! Do you remember the tv show from maybe 90s Married with children? This one also plays in Chicago ( big surprise, huh) and it makes the Married with children family look like the Amish....
Want to watch something really mindblowing screwed up, watch this!

I watched a total trainwreck of a tv show , well, a few episodes, couldn't look away. Shameless. This has everything that is wrong with America in it! My gosh, it elevates white /ghetto trash to a new level. Never seen a "family" more horrible! Do you remember the tv show from maybe 90s Married with children? This one also plays in Chicago ( big surprise, huh) and it makes the Married with children family look like the Amish....
Never watched it, but heard a lot about it, made Breaking Bad like like Sunday school, from what I been told. Did not watch Breaking Bad either.

I am sure it is not my kind of movie. I like healthy relationships and positive movies. Maybe I am unrealistic or altruistic to want a world like that. I used to think I didn't like love movies. Something changed for me. I do love adventure movies, but I cannot watch anything that has me sitting on the edge of my seat. Of course, not all love movies show healthy relationships.

I am sure it is not my kind of movie. I like healthy relationships and positive movies. Maybe I am unrealistic or altruistic to want a world like that. I used to think I didn't like love movies. Something changed for me. I do love adventure movies, but I cannot watch anything that has me sitting on the edge of my seat. Of course, not all love movies show healthy relationships.

And this is why I watch Chinese and Korean shows. They haven't reached the level of depraved the Hollywood stuff has reached yet and probably won't either.

Currently watching one of my favorite series The Love Comes Softly series 11 movies that are "taken" place in 1800 and family and Christian based.
I had no idea that there were 11 movies. I think I've seen 2, maybe 3. Those were great movies. Very wholesome...family oriented...a great watch. I highly recommend them for a relaxed, feel-good-about-the-way-humans-are-supposed-to-be, movie night.

I had no idea that there were 11 movies. I think I've seen 2, maybe 3. Those were great movies. Very wholesome...family oriented...a great watch. I highly recommend them for a relaxed, feel-good-about-the-way-humans-are-supposed-to-be, movie night.
Yes there so many they follow the whole story line I love every single one and I agree 100% such good family oriented and how humans are suppose to be!

Currently watching one of my favorite series The Love Comes Softly series 11 movies that are "taken" place in 1800 and family and Christian based.
I am going to try to watch this series. I didn't realize it was out there. I am housesitting for the next 3 days, so it will be a good thing to watch during the time when I have nothing else to do.

Mainstream media not reporting on the Rittenhouse not Guilty.

I am going to try to watch this series. I didn't realize it was out there. I am housesitting for the next 3 days, so it will be a good thing to watch during the time when I have nothing else to do.
It is almost as good as, "Love come softly" movie series which is like little house Prairie.

The Longest Ride

Night in front of the TV with the wife last night. Per CommonSenseMedia: "Formulaic but still romantic Sparks adaptation gets steamy." Pretty accurate. Touching, kind of like The Notebook. It does get steamy in the young love story, but the juxtaposed long lasting relationship ads a nice touch...I like movies where the older couples stay together and are dedicated to each other. A bit of a deus ex machina ending (maybe I'm being unfair here...there was foreshadowing of it), but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Side note: I would have suffered through this 20 years ago, but I am mellowing in my old age. Or, my plan is working: I think I've mentioned in the past that I've made a conscious choice to watch movies my wife prefers (and to try to enjoy them), as she does an excellent job of watching (and enjoying) movies I prefer. I actually taped this one for us (not knowing anything about it other than it was a romance for her, and it involved bull riding for me :)).

All in all, a decent movie for a heart string puller.

Last edited:
Me too, Bama and Arkansas plays today at 2:30cst, should be a good game.

Wake forest (undefeated) plays Clemson at 11am, will be watching.

Correction... WF has one loss. The way the morning sports shows were hyping the game I thought WF was undefeated.

Last edited:
I found where I can watch this series of movies, on Netflix, but they are not free. I will wait and see if I can get them through my local library.

I am watching "Little Women," 2019 version.

Latest posts

Back