What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing much on today, I couldn't even get into college football this evening, until! Saw a heck of game, ho-hum nothing for 3 quarters, pretty much a rout. Then a come back they'll be talking about in Carolina for years to come. This is why I watch college ball, never know what will happen.

I finished watching the "Northern Exposure" set I bought on dvd, 2nd time watching it this year. I enjoyed it even more this time. That show is so funny. The other reason I like it is the years it was filmed. Early 90's, tv wasn't so harsh, judgmental or vulgar as it is today. The world was messed up then but it hadn't gotten so in your face, shockingly ugly as it is now. (or maybe I wasn't quite so aware of it)

Last night I watched the first Jason Bourne movie. I bought the set on dvd, 5 movies total. I already had one, seen 2 two on tv. I recently found the entire set for $20. Why not? They are all pretty good.

I read the book, Bourne Identity, not long after it was written in '80. (the first one in the movie series). I still have that copy somewhere. Read it a few times over the years, a really good book. Not sure about the others.

My Name is Bill W.

Some of you may be familiar with the subject matter of this movie.
I am actually a friend of Bill W.
When that movie played on regular TV in the late 80's I recorded it to VHS.
Still have it. Need to get it out and watch it again.

Late last night I caught about 40min of the 2021 National Finals Rodeo live from LV, Round 2. It was on the farm channel, Round 3 is on tonight. But the college football game I want to watch is still on! The farm channel will play them again...

Been ages since I watched a rodeo.

Funny, my only real fight in high school I broke a bone in my hand. Couldn't tell a teacher since we didn't get caught. By the time I get on the school bus my hand looked like a catchers mitt. I'm sweating it at home, dad dealt with such issues and he didn't play. He comes home, looks at my hand then drives me back to town to the ER. Never said a word, which was worse than words.

My hand is broke, doc puts a cast on it, we leave, still not a word. There was a small rodeo in town that night. Dad suddenly turns and we stop at the rodeo... He never said a word about the fight until we were in line for hotdogs... "Did you win?" "Yep"... that was the conversation. Had a great time at the rodeo.
biggrin.gif

"Nobody" movie with Bob Odenkirk (better call Saul). A dvd I bought, marked down. I knew the reviews weren't great but that Odenkirk guy is fun to watch.

That was the only thing any good in the whole film, his acting.

There were parts that would have been very funny if they been making a spoof, like the movie "Machette". But they tried to make a high caliber action flick with bad actors, bad writers and an even worse, as cheaply as possible.

If this movie was the best choice on late night tv, I'd go to bed or read a book.

No sure about tonight... watching some football at the moment.

"Nobody" movie with Bob Odenkirk (better call Saul). A dvd I bought, marked down. I knew the reviews weren't great but that Odenkirk guy is fun to watch.

That was the only thing any good in the whole film, his acting.

There were parts that would have been very funny if they been making a spoof, like the movie "Machette". But they tried to make a high caliber action flick with bad actors, bad writers and an even worse, as cheaply as possible.

If this movie was the best choice on late night tv, I'd go to bed or read a book.

No sure about tonight... watching some football at the moment.
You gotta admit that the fight scene on the bus is pretty intense, though...

You gotta admit that the fight scene on the bus is pretty intense, though...

Yeah! that was good! But that's about where movie went "out there" for lack of a better term. Suddenly there is a singing, gay, russian, karaoke king, sociopath, with a 200 man army! Really? :rolleyes:

That's where it should have gone full spoof mode, it'd have been funny.

I was flipping channels the other night... I haven't seen one of these shows in years. It was a "Strongest Man" competition. First, they were big guys, 6'2"-6'6", weighed over 300lbs ea. Really big guys!

The first event I saw they were dead lifting over 900lbs, the winner lifted over 1000lbs. Another event was 300lb dumbbells. They had to get it to their shoulder, then power lift it with one arm above their heads. But there were 5 of these dumbbells and best time for all 5 won the event. One guy did it in 27 seconds. He literally shoved 300lbs up in the air with one arm, then repeated 4 more times.

I was rooting for the Scotsman, from Edinburgh no less. He won the "stone lift". 5 stones, 280lb, 295lb, 365lb, 400lb and 420lb. A timed event, quickest time for all 5 won. They picked up each stone to about chest height and shoved it over a large wooden beam.

Anyway, I found it interesting.

@Peanut ever since I started deadlifting earlier this year, I've been paying attention to those competitions. One the I like is a type of "farmer's carry", where they stand inside a rectangular metal frame with weight on each corner. It has handles on the sides. They pick it up and carry it 50 feet, set it down, turn around, and carry it back. The most laps in two minutes wins. It was so heavy some of the strongmen got the skin ripped off their palms by the weight. I've never seen anything like it...

I just finished the 1967 "Classic" The Graduate. It brought up so many memories.

College bowls game are on tonight. Last night I caught the last half of "Lampoon's Christmas Vacation". I had forgotten how funny it was. I laughed out loud several times. Haven't seen it in decades either so I'd forgotten all the small details. I'm sure it'll be on again in the next week, might watch the whole thing.

Latest posts

Back