What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of rewatching Adventures in Babysitting in the next couple of days. Silly, but fun. Or Tremors - one of my all time favorites.

There are a lot of fun older movies I need to rewatch. The Breakfast Club (most anything with The Brat Pack is at least decent, Sixteen Candles, etc.) Dave. Galaxy Quest. National Treasure. Zorro The Gay Blade. We're The Millers. Tucker And Dale Vs. Evil. Shrek. Groundhog Day. Shanghai Noon. The Princess Bride. I've got to go through my collection and see some of these again!

I was thinking of rewatching Adventures in Babysitting in the next couple of days. Silly, but fun. Or Tremors - one of my all time favorites.

There are a lot of fun older movies I need to rewatch. The Breakfast Club (most anything with The Brat Pack is at least decent, Sixteen Candles, etc.) Dave. Galaxy Quest. National Treasure. Zorro The Gay Blade. We're The Millers. Tucker And Dale Vs. Evil. Shrek. Groundhog Day. Shanghai Noon. The Princess Bride. I've got to go through my collection and see some of these again!
I have seen half of those in the last 6 months!

Ben

I've watched many of those and they are great. The brat pack movies are great.

I once had a student who would come to school frequently with an attitude. I would greet her and as soon as I got attitude, I would say, "Groundhog Day. Go out and come back in without the attitude." That girl had never seen the movie at that time, but I'll bet she has now.

Any suggestions for movies. I am looking for movies like Red Dawn, the series Jericho etc. Nothing that has aliens, and all kinds of sci-fi nonsense.

I search and search surely there are more movies than Red Dawn etc.

Any suggestions for movies. I am looking for movies like Red Dawn, the series Jericho etc. Nothing that has aliens, and all kinds of sci-fi nonsense.

I search and search surely there are more movies than Red Dawn etc.
Like Red Dawn:
Red Dawn (the 2012 remake)
Tomorrow, When the War Began
First Blood (the first Rambo movie)

Like Jericho:
The Day After (the one made in 1983)

Other things that are not so good of a match to the above, but you may want to consider:

TV series:
Jeremiah
The 100

Movies:
The Planet of the Apes franchise
The Hunger Games franchise

Started Lillyhammer and it's cracking me up.
I had no idea such a show existed. Might have to take a look at that one, too.

On a separate note, I keep seeing ads for shows on streaming services I don't have, and don't want to pay for. Stay strong, Tacitus. Stay strong. Don't pay for those services....

This'll sound odd... Last night I was flipping channels. I saw the movie "Dune" was on (1984). It took me a moment to realize...

The movie was dubbed in Spanish. It was like a telemundo daytime soap with bad clothes and giant worms... It was actually funny as heck! I watched for about 20min... The one that cracked me up was the flying fat guy (harkonnan), he sounded like a spanish Elmer Fudd. 🤣

I looked it up today, the movie was actually filmed in Mexico City so why not dub it.

I once saw an american monster truck race on tv, while in Belgium. It had french subtitles and was dubbed into Dutch... I found that funny also, imagine the "Grave Digger" monster truck with wooden tires...

Joe already ordered two dozen. He is going to paint the top of the head grey and call them Biden bears and hand them out to the kids that like his hairy legs.;)

Im watching Newsmax right now. Just saw a commercial for something called a Trumpy bear. Really? At first I thought it was a joke. Would anyone really buy something this ridiculous?

I wondered the same when I first saw it so goo girled it. yep, someone is buying them. It was at least a year ago when I saw it. I think it was on the farm channel.

My wife and I went to see American Underdog, true story of Kurt and Brenda Warner. My hand to God it was her idea not mine. Very touching, a real feel good story. Nice to see good things come to good people after so much adversity. I would give it a thumbs up.

Did anybody watch the Joe Pickett series? We got it on demand from our local cable provider. I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the Joe Pickett books written by CJ Box. It was faithful to the book as I remember it, but more importantly it was a different concept. The entire season, 11 episodes, were telling the story from one book. I think Amazon Prime is doing something similar with the Jack Reacher series. One season will be one book. IMHO it is a good idea. There are so many good books that just can't be turned into a two hour movie.

The Joe Pickett show looked a bit intense from the ads...which is to say, I was thinking my wife would not like it. I only have so much time to watch shows that she doesn't watch, I kind of decided to let that one go for awhile. Just watched the trailer again. It does look interesting.

It is a very loving family, but he and his wife deal with a lot of baggage. There were parts that were violent. As I said I read the book, so I enjoyed it. It is a very good character. The one character who is truly scary is Nate Romanowski, but he didn't have much of a part in this one.

Pollyanna, 2003

I've never read the book or even seen any of the Pollyanna movies. It is kind of what is to be expected and I liked it. Tissues needed.
Never knew about the 2003 but the Haley Mills by Disney...

I have a theory that was the LAST Disney movie that acknowledged God in the plot.

Maybe wrong

Ben

Never knew about the 2003 but the Haley Mills by Disney...

I have a theory that was the LAST Disney movie that acknowledged God in the plot.

Maybe wrong

Ben
I don't know either. I don't think I saw the Haley Mills version either. I say that because of the plot line. I have always known the term Pollyanna and the meaning, but the whole story line of her being an orphan, etc., I didn't know. I know it will be a movie that I will watch a few times.

Latest posts

Back