What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any suggestions for movies. I am looking for movies like Red Dawn, the series Jericho etc. Nothing that has aliens, and all kinds of sci-fi nonsense.
We recently watched 'Don't Look Up'. It's an end of the world type of movie with quite a few funny spots in it. You wouldn't think the two would go together very well, but I thought it was entertaining. They even spoof Biden in a 3rd person kind of way......it's hard to describe exactly what that means b/c I don't want to give anything away. The political parody is sadly spot on b/c they are dipicted as a bunch of self important morons. Overall, hubby and I both enjoyed it on a lazy afternoon.

Football playoffs between naps.

Was the end of the Buffalo/Kansas City game the craziest thing you have ever seen? I thought it was over three times.

I saw this posted elsewhere and watched it. It was OK. It was pretty low budget, but it gets the point across. I wonder how many people are just waking up to the fact that S can HTF and are wondering where to start? It takes me back to when I first had the 'feeling' that I needed to get prepared. I'm so glad that was years ago and not recently! There's some stuff in here that you could poke holes in all day long, but I think it's more about the process of waking up.
The main actor reminds me a lot of Will Smith.

I saw this posted elsewhere and watched it. It was OK. It was pretty low budget, but it gets the point across. I wonder how many people are just waking up to the fact that S can HTF and are wondering where to start? It takes me back to when I first had the 'feeling' that I needed to get prepared. I'm so glad that was years ago and not recently! There's some stuff in here that you could poke holes in all day long, but I think it's more about the process of waking up.
The main actor reminds me a lot of Will Smith.

I started watching it but just gave up.....

I missed "Cool Hand Luke"! Darn it! It was on TCM at 4:45pm. Something happened, didn't remember until 6pm, carp!

I saw the replay of the season opener of Resident Alien. I like it, think it's funny as heck.
I watched Cool Hand Luke a few months ago. It had been decades since I had seen it. I remembered the egg scene, the woman washing the car, Paul Newman's character being so rebellious and George C. Scott, but not many other details.
One of my top ten favorite movies.

Great music, too. I used to drive around blasting the soundtrack in my car.
:cool:
It was hard for me to watch because of all the violence. I wanted to watch it for a couple reasons--Russell Means was in it. I had seen him standing on the street in Denver, at least 10 years ago (he died in2012), smoking a cigarette, all by himself. The other aspect of the movie that I wanted to catch was the Native American aspects of it. I do have Native American friends from South Dakota and more recently have been interested in whatever I can see about the culture. I know that what is in films is far from accurate, but it is an idea by some people of what it is like.

Do you ever watch the end of a tv series or movie series and get sad because it ended? I have. I think I cried through the entire last ever episode of season 15 Supernatural just because there was not going to be anymore. Plus the last Harry Potter movie ( original ones)
I haven't watched anything that I like as much lately. I think Hollywood is just done....
There were a few Korean shows that made me sad when they ended but nothing American in a long time. I think the last American show I watched besides Supernatural that I didn't like ending was Longmire

Do you ever watch the end of a tv series or movie series and get sad because it ended? I have. I think I cried through the entire last ever episode of season 15 Supernatural just because there was not going to be anymore. Plus the last Harry Potter movie ( original ones)
I haven't watched anything that I like as much lately. I think Hollywood is just done....
There were a few Korean shows that made me sad when they ended but nothing American in a long time. I think the last American show I watched besides Supernatural that I didn't like ending was Longmire
I love Supernatural and was so disappointed with the ending. Dean deserved a better ending. They were delayed for months because of covid and that's the best they had?

I love Supernatural and was so disappointed with the ending. Dean deserved a better ending. They were delayed for months because of covid and that's the best they had?

Really? I thought the ending was great...Dean did go to heaven and heaven was now better. Chuck lost his power, Sam got his family and lived happily ever after until he died and joined Dean. What more did you want?

It ["Last of the Mohicans"] was hard for me to watch because of all the violence. ...
It does have violence. And yet, those were violent times, and sometimes violence is necessary in response to aggression. I like the movie because the hero is, well, a unambiguous hero. Sacrifices are necessary, and therefore they are made. I like it when people are shown doing the right thing in movies.

Last edited:
I started and finished the first season of Shadow and Bone in the past 10 days.

I honestly thought this show would be a "one and done." That is, I thought I would watch the first episode, and remove it from from my watch list. I wasn't even sure why I put it on my list in the first place. I was curious, but doubtful.

But, I thought it was well done. I cared about what happened to the characters...and that makes a show. The two main protagonists are good characters, and they are acted well. The supporting characters are also interesting. I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
SoJer: I just watched the video you posted. Amazing. ...

Thanks, but.. I realized that, really, this wasn't the 'Best Place' to post that.. I took this thread to be about 'what are you watching, at the current Moment' (and, no, I didn't take the time to 'surf all 57 pages'... o_O But, anyhoo, I've Moved that, here: https://www.homesteadingforum.org/t...d-states-of-america.11999/page-18#post-426312
...where I think it's more 'appropriate', and, where we can Discuss it further, without 'tainting This thread with Politics'.. Which I'm sure all appreciate, since No One likes it when someone 'farts in the Elevator', amirite? ;)

Back 'OT' - I recently finished watching the 3 seasons of Marvel's 'Daredevil' (only on Netflix) and while I had been 'reluctant' to give it even One night of watching (cuz - heh - I assumed it would have been all 'Woked-out', and utterly Ruined, like Star Wars, et al :rolleyes: but.. Wow - it ended up being very, Very good...

..Some Really Incredible performances by the lead Protagonist actor (Charlie Cox, iirc..) / supporting cast, and some Outstanding 'sidecar-story' actors / characters (Scott Glenn, Vondie Curtis-Hall, Jon Bernthal (as 'The Punisher' :cool: etc) and a Phenomenal Performance of the main 'bad guy' by Vincent D'Onofrio, Wow.. (he would make an Awesome 'Lex Luthor' :cool: ) Great story, Great writing / dialogue, Amazing action (mostly believable-ish.. ;) and Very-little 'woke' crap / 'pushing' of SJW and/or LGBTQXYZ-crap.. :rolleyes:

..And even what few 'sex scenes' there were, were not Too terribly 'explicit'.. I just don't see the Need for that, really (..I mean, we 'get it' - we don't Need to See the

train-tunnel-train.gif
:ghostly:

Anyway, it was Well worth the Time / watch, imo.. 👍

jd

Last edited:
I started watching it but just gave up.....
Yeah, it's a bit on the sloooow side. You could watch it while doing some light household chores for sure. Although for someone who was just waking up to what might be coming our way, it probably would be an easier pill to swallow as opposed to the in your face prepper shows.
Do you ever watch the end of a tv series or movie series and get sad because it ended?
Yes, but not much anymore. I was sad back in the day when Dukes of Hazard was done. I also was bummed when McGyver was done. I'm a Supernatural dork but it was time for it to end.....probably past time.
Really? I thought the ending was great...Dean did go to heaven and heaven was now better. Chuck lost his power, Sam got his family and lived happily ever after until he died and joined Dean. What more did you want?
The last episode of season 5 was better than the last episode of season 15. I am a huge SN fan, but sadly when the brainchild Kripke left after season 5, the magic started fizzling out fast. I thought the last episode was boring and bland. Lazy writing. When they stated making God out to be some kind of jerk, I lost a lot of respect for the show. They didn't have to go that route....but the liberal show writers just couldn't help themselves IMHO. I was also getting a little tired of Jared. He kept using the same ole' same ole' acting faces. I watched the first few episodes of Walker and just couldn't watch it anymore. It wasn't very good and his acting didn't change. I guess it just got tiring for me. I wold love to watch Jensen in some other show, but it doesn't look like it's gonna be Rust, which is fine with me b/c I loathe Alec Baldwin. I think Jensen's starting to settle in behind the camera now. Too bad, he was eye candy.

A show about the band Lynard Skynard from when they were in high school until after the plane crash.

Didn't realize they had been influenced by the British band Free, led by Paul Rogers of Bad Company.

Latest posts

Back