What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright...so I've been watching Resident Alien. Others here posted about it, so I started watching. Great TV show. Kind of dark humor at first (and the wife was kind of "meh," and I honestly expected to stop watching...but it got better the more I watched, and my wife stayed in the room when I cued it up. I'm half way through Season 2, and I still laugh out loud at it. Crazy show. I recommend it.

Alright...so I've been watching Resident Alien. still laugh out loud at it. Crazy show. I recommend it.

It's the 2nd best show I've seen in many years. I don't know how the actors keep a straight face during filming. 🤣

There's only one I like better, it's also dark. A little more serious but done very well. "Killing Eve" a British spy thriller on the bbc. But it's sooo funny! (if you like british humor)

Last edited:
For a few years at work, my boss was from Scotland, 3 of 6 coworkers were from england, the mom of guy from China was british. Then myself and a guy from Pittsburgh. The two brothers down the hall were from Dublin. I came to appreciate British humor! But first I had to learn the language!!! 🤣

Last edited:
For a few years at work, my boss was from Scotland, 3 of 6 coworkers were from england, the mom of guy from China was british. Then myself and a guy from Pittsburgh. The two brothers down the hall were from Dublin. I came to appreciate British humor! But first I had to learn the language!!! 🤣
Hmmm... That sounds familiar. The Princess has observed that I subscribe to a half dozen Youtube channels with British accents. I told her I am studying English as a foreign language.

In this video John teaches how to cook a steak.

Ben

ive been watching WINGS, an old series that still makes me laugh

also started watching Time Team on youtube at night--- a british archeological show. they are addicting, like tater chips cant have just one.

dont have real tvv out here so i rely on dvds and hulu.

I finished the final 3 episodes of "My Name is Earl" last night. The show is so dumb it's hysterical. It makes me laugh out loud at least once every episode, usually more. It was written very well, excellent acting. Every show had main stream actors playing bit characters like Betty White, Jerry van Dyke, Christian Slater, Canny Glover, Burt Reynolds and many more. But it's still slapstick comedy, if you don't like the 3 Stooges you probably won't like the show.

Been eyeing the promo's for this movie... Like it?

We watched 'Dog' the other night. Devilish little creatures they are.

Watching Serengeti tonight. It was an african animal show from 2020, only 6 episodes. Some of the best wildlife photography I've ever seen. I bought the dvds last year sometime, who doesn't like critters?

OH! @Neb That guy cooking the steak was priceless. I'll bet he's wife wasn't home when he used the grinder to cut off the bone in the frying pan and I would not want to eat anything that has been picked up using my vise-grips.
I would be all over that steak save the bone end.

Ben

I'm guessing the 1965 movie, not the 2018 movie?
I had no idea there was another movie with the same title.
I watched the original movie.
Hollywood is so devoid of talent they even have to reuse the titles of old classics.
I haven't seen a remake of any movie that was better than the original.

Margin Call ... a 2011 movie about the financial crisis of 2008. Star studded cast. All the action takes place in a 40 hour period, as one of the big Wall Street firms realizes they've pushed things too far. I had never seen it, but this is probably a must see. We let these people control so much of our wealth.

From Wikipedia: "Although the film does not depict any real Wall Street firm...the plot has similarities to some events during the 2008 financial crisis: Goldman Sachs similarly moved early to hedge and reduce its position in mortgage-backed securities, at the urging of two employees, which essentially mirrors [firm CEO John] Tuld's comment about the advantage of moving first. Lehman Brothers moved second and went bankrupt. John Tuld's name is said to be a combination of Merrill Lynch's ex-CEO John Thain and Lehman Brothers' ex-CEO Richard Fuld."

If you don't watch the movie, consider checking out the YouTube video "Margin Call (2011) - Senior Partners Emergency Meeting" which is the partnership meeting where the decisions are made. But, the entire movie is worth seeing. Here is the trailer:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back