What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm watching the third and final season of the Lost In Space series produced by Netflix. It's fun if you are a SciFi and/or Fantasy buff who can suspend your disbelief, as is necessary with theses genres. If you are one that is turned off by plot holes and contrived/stupid situations, don't bother. But it's fun enough to watch if you're in it for just the mindless fun and not for some great story, acting, or whatnot.

Anyone catch the final season opener of "Better Call Saul"? I watched it twice, liked it. The girlfriend Kim seems to have gone over to the darkside completely in this episode. Involved with a sinister multilevel plan to go after ?.

Still don't know what happens to Kim though. She's not in Breaking Bad so she drops from Saul''s life at some point.

I have Breaking Bad on dvd. Been thinking of watching it but decided on something funny tonight... Shaun of the Dead.

The two lead actors in Shaun of the Dead (Simon Pegg and Nick Frost) were in another movie. Title is "Paul"

They're driving an RV out west when an alien named Paul (who escapes area 51) crashes his car in front of them. Anyway he hitches a ride with them... It wasn't what I'd call a good movie but it was worth a few chuckles.

This far out in the bush we don't have TV.... Really don't miss it... We do watch a lot of DVDs.. We were given a collection of about 7,000 DVD movies... This made almost 5 van loads.. As Sweetie sorted through them, all but a couple boxes will go to the Animal Rescue fund raiser book sale she is organizing..

We are currently watching a series called "Copper" A New York City detective in 1864 - 65...

This far out in the bush we don't have TV.... Really don't miss it... We do watch a lot of DVDs.. We were given a collection of about 7,000 DVD movies... This made almost 5 van loads.. As Sweetie sorted through them, all but a couple boxes will go to the Animal Rescue fund raiser book sale she is organizing..

We are currently watching a series called "Copper" A New York City detective in 1864 - 65...
I have a television, but haven't turned it on in a long time. I used to have it on every day, until shortly after COVID. All my viewing is on my laptop now, mostly movies, and Youtubers.

I watched Shaun of the Dead thursday. Last night it was Zombieland (woody harrelson). Tonight on the Syfy channel... Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead. (Shhh, i think the syfy people are reading my posts..) :rolleyes:

Thought I'd watch the sequel Zombieland Double Tap in a bit.

Signs.

Great movie. Quite underrated, in my opinion. Acting by every character is very good. Thriller-style cinematography has you looking behind the characters in every scene. Emotional theme that is realized at the end.

The movie trailers for it (from 2002) are awful, and don't begin to convey the power of the story, so I won't bother putting a trailer here...just a movie poster.
81maJ-PEj9L._SL1500_.jpg

There is nothing on the tv tonight. Makes me wonder why I pay for 250 channels of nothing each month!

Got a bluray I haven't seen yet, Stillwater, a matt damon movie.

Townsends! We splurged on Townsends+ and I’m due to check and see if they’ve added anything new lately. (It’s nice to watch it without the zillion YT ads … )

For folks unfamiiliar with, Townsends is a Youtube channel run by a group of folks who do 18th-century reenactment supply, recipe reconstruction, and historical crafting. It’s really cool. I’ve made a few of the recipes they’ve recorded and they’ve been very tasty.

Townsends! We splurged on Townsends+ and I’m due to check and see if they’ve added anything new lately. (It’s nice to watch it without the zillion YT ads … )

For folks unfamiiliar with, Townsends is a Youtube channel run by a group of folks who do 18th-century reenactment supply, recipe reconstruction, and historical crafting. It’s really cool. I’ve made a few of the recipes they’ve recorded and they’ve been very tasty.
I love the Townsends videos. I didn't know they had a premium channel. I would love to visit their store in Indiana, but it is kind of out of the way.

That reminds me...I need to check the pantry to make sure we haven't run out of nutmeg. ;)

I love the Townsends videos. I didn't know they had a premium channel. I would love to visit their store in Indiana, but it is kind of out of the way.

That reminds me...I need to check the pantry to make sure we haven't run out of nutmeg. ;)
They do! It’s here: Townsends Plus.

Horrors, you should never run out of nutmeg. Kitchen pepper is on my to-do list. It had never occurred to me that they might have an actual brick-and-mortar. I might have to see if I can swing by there someday and load up on books. (Yes, I could order them, I know, but visiting would be very cool.)

It's the playoffs. So we're watching hockey. When the game is over, we watch another hockey game. Then we search the DVR to find yet another hockey game to watch.

My wife is really into hockey. I mostly just go along for the ride these days. We've had NHL season tickets for decades, so I don't need to see every game anymore. But the wife does...

It's the playoffs. So we're watching hockey. When the game is over, we watch another hockey game. Then we search the DVR to find yet another hockey game to watch.

My wife is really into hockey. I mostly just go along for the ride these days. We've had NHL season tickets for decades, so I don't need to see every game anymore. But the wife does...
It is also some layer of the playoffs for Rugby. The Denver Barbarians won in St. Louis (actually St. Charles) and are going to the National Championship Semifinals in Atlanta in two weeks.

There has been little worth watching on tv for several weeks. Guess I'll be watching dvd's again later. A new episode of Deadliest Catch is on at 8, new season started last week. A whole hour of something I haven't seen.

Although I like most sports there are several I dislike watching on tv. Hockey is one, much prefer going to games.

One series that I like is "The Amazing Race". Sometimes situations are contrived, some contestants come across as not very likable, but despite that I do enjoy the show and seeing all the locations they film in.

I like that also, watched most of it on Hulu

Currently watching 2 things but I don't have a ton of time because weather is beautiful outside and there is lots of stuff to be done

older Bollywood movie

and

new Korean Netflix show The sound of Magic

Tonight I watched a show on my local pbs. The Nova science series season29/ep7, never aired before. Done very well, I guess good cgi has become affordable.

It was “Dinosaur Apocalypse”. The latest good science was included, some things I haven’t read about. Interesting show, but then who doesn’t like dinosaurs?

Then near the end a scientist spoke a sentence. 40yrold dorky white guy who’d gone native, as in looked like an indian princess. Well, it was pbs. What’re ya gonna do?

In my humble experience, there has been little worth watching on tv for several years.

We haven't had one in close to 25 years. Don''t miss it. Occasionally on trips we would watch some in a motel but then ended up flipping channels because of too many commercials and nothing we wanted to watch

Finished the Bollywood movie. I liked it a lot. VERY different from anything in the U.S.
Story: girl loves poor boy living with single mom. He is sort of arrogant and has a chip on his shoulder because he has no dad and is poor . When she introduces him to her ( rich) family, her father throws him out and tells her no way is she marrying that guy. The guy was rude, so if I had been that parent I had done the same. So girl loves her family so she agrees to marry someone else. They new guy the parents picked out for her is a very nice guy and also very religious. He does what a good person of any religion would be expected to do. So she falls in love with him after a while and forgets the other guy

Fast forward some years. The first guy comes back and is now rich . He meets her and tells her , well I am now rich so you can leave your husband and be with me. She says no way I love my husband . First guy gets angry and financially destroys them. He even buys their house at an auction and moves in.
They have to move in with their former servants .
Girl goes talks to him and says please don't do this, leave us alone, you will never be with me God didn't intend you to be my husband. So finally he feels bad and makes up with them and gets together with another girl who has been his friend before. The end, happy ending

Imagine this in Hollywood! It would break all sorts of political correct laws they have LOL

Finished the Bollywood movie. I liked it a lot. VERY different from anything in the U.S. ...
I've watched a couple of Bollywood movies on trans-Pacific flights. When you are sitting in a seat on a plane with 15 hours to kill....

Both ones I watched were actually quite good. Very different, but generally very wholesome, and not a disagreeable way to pass the time. One (I don't recall the name) was an action/spy/musical...totally off the wall from an American perspective, but it was actually not bad.

I am reminded me of a non-Bollywood movie with a Bollywood-esque ending scene, which was a bit out of place, but fun to watch. The movie was Mirror, Mirror. A very good movie. Phil Collins' daughter Lily as Snow White....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back