What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting on 06Jul I've been watching "Tour De France". It the worlds best bicyclist, about 180 of them riding 100 to 150 miles a day for an entire month.

They usually start and end a days race in a good sized town... It's the in between that is so beautiful. Every few miles they will go through a small village... The other day in one village... It's church had been built in the year 1122. Beautiful little villages and churches... The best part is they are riding through beautiful farmland, wheat, cattle, vineyards... just amazing. Sometimes they will follow small rivers through mountains... so enjoyable to watch.

The other part is like a nascar race... waiting for the "big one". 180 guys traveling at 40mph just inches from each other. All it takes is one guy to make a small mistake and there will be an epidemic sized outbreak of "Road Rash"! There is at least one accident everyday, usually 2 or 3 guys. Every 3 or 4 days there will an outbreak of road rash, 20 or 30 guys sliding for 50yds on pavement, holes in all their uniforms, a few guys dripping blood... looking like they were in a knife fight but brought rubber ducks! So far 10 or 12 guys have to leave the race permanently... "Ahh, does him have a boo-boo"! :D The last guy had to be carted away in an ambulance.

Edited to add... the race is broadcast on NBC sports network... 1st airing starts between 6 and 8am.. rebroadcast at 1pm and again at 7pm

Last edited:
Going to start re-watching Frasir on Netflix. I love that show and Niles had such a great character to play!
Hubby has been watching that in the evenings for a couple of weeks now. He watches maybe one or two episodes and then does the same with News Radio series ( I thinks thats the name of it) and then he finishes up with some tv series about the Viet Nam war

In this order.. Cat videos,... gun videos, ...Motorweek retro car videos.

Going to start re-watching Frasir on Netflix. I love that show and Niles had such a great character to play!

Hubby said why not watch ' Person Of Interest ' again sine we probably forgot most of the first few series.
We watched ' Th In laws ' Michael Douglas last night. It was funny .Only one agenda it seemed.Also watched ' Unfinished Business' with Robert Redford.

Last edited:
We just watched the life story of Linda Ronstadt.
Wow...what a voice..what an interesting woman. Wish she could still sing.

Then the story of the Marshall Tucker Band... Love this group , but not the same without Toy Caldwell .

These are all on You tube.

Jim

We may watch those too Jim,thanks. We like true stories and bios.

Marshall Tucker was a very high quality band. But to me the band died when Toy did.

Nice side note I was unaware of. Toy went to Vietnam, was wounded and could have came home.But he requested to rehab and go back to his unit and fought till his time was up. Came home and started the band.

Marshall Tucker was a very high quality band. But to me the band died when Toy did.

Nice side note I was unaware of. Toy went to Vietnam, was wounded and could have came home.But he requested to rehab and go back to his unit and fought till his time was up. Came home and started the band.

I agree , when Toy died at 45, in his sleep, from cocaine and mix of other drugs.
They weren't the same..he wrote their songs, and was lead guitarist.

Yes he was wounded in Nam. Not sure if Nam and the fame didn't do him in.
He was very talented .

Watch him play the guitar...a whole different way of playing , and OMG could he play.
Never used a pick...did it all with his thumb...unreal.
They were a very precise great band, just listen to the band play not the vocals..AWESOME.

They are in a field concert in Oct ,less than a mile from my house, I won't go. Probably hear them at my house.

Jim

Right now, the sunset. It's a nice one this evening, lots of tangerine orange like sherbet ice cream.

Hubby has been watching the Lonesome Dove movies. Guess he needed a break from all the war movies lol

Watching a episode of POI now and then.But mostly watch these ladies or females on youtube, Gone With The Wynns, Rxtrmom, and Monique Parent. And true stotries and bios.

Rxtrmom,

And if I want ot ruin my day and put on tin foil hat I watch Infowars.
I think the last one I watched yesterday ' I skipped thru it ' was a large enough does to last me for a lifetime. :ghostly:It covered everything from AI to human meat coming to a grocery store soon if the elite have their way that is.

https://assets.infowarsmedia.com/videos/c88061c2-5844-4f9e-86bb-12e4fdff87e2.mp4?cd=attachment

I had to have several dose's of Monique, the Wynns and Rxstrmon to get over this one.

Monique,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back