What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Much to the chagrin of my beloved wife, I am starting to watch Star Trek The Next Generation with my 7 old year boy. Wife is not a fan of anything SciFi but I grew up with a Star Trek loving Dad and now my son is going to get the same exposure. We are about 3-4 episodes in and he is loving it. He already knows the names of the key players on the Enterprise. Little does he know this is just one of many Star Trek series.

Much to the chagrin of my beloved wife, I am starting to watch Star Trek The Next Generation with my 7 old year boy. Wife is not a fan of anything SciFi but I grew up with a Star Trek loving Dad and now my son is going to get the same exposure. We are about 3-4 episodes in and he is loving it. He already knows the names of the key players on the Enterprise. Little does he know this is just one of many Star Trek series.

Thats a male thing. I never kept up with Star Trek.
We are watching Longmire now and then though,but it gets a little bloody so I FF thru that part.

Thursday night football, Packers at the Bears, 1st game of the regular season. I always wanted to go to a game at Soldier Field.

I watched the movie Twister with my kids this weekend. They loved it, especially the "flying cows". The language was worse than I remembered it being or expected from a PG movie.
When that movie came out, I had a student who had a Twister costume for Halloween. His mother made it by wrapping wire around him to make it look like a twister. Somehow there was a sheet involved. I do remember there being a cow hanging from one of the wires. It was a great costume. We didn't wear costumes and celebrate Halloween in my class, but had a Fall Festival instead, so I only saw photos. This student was twice exceptional and fixated on certain things, like tornadoes and this movie. He was a great kid.

I finished watching "Unbelievable." Once I started watching, I binged in between commitments, until I saw all of the 8 episodes. I told some friends who I know are into true crime about the series. The husband started watching and stayed up until 3:00 a.m. to finish all of the episodes. Wife fell asleep, but will finish the series tonight. They had so many comments and questions about the rapist and his victims. The first victim was played by an incredible actress. I didn't realize that until I saw her at the end. Earlier in the series, I wouldn't have said that.

My wife and I are watching on Netflix a show called Dark Crystal, yes its using puppets, but its also the same guy who i believed to make the Muppet show, This show is very detailed and very technical, the details within the show is in my opinion is just out of this world.

In the last couple of weeks, I’ve watched the current new crop of week night dramas, at least one episode of each. They are pitiful and I’m being kind. One is about a forensic psychologist who’s teamed up with demon expert from the catholic church… they go to court and try to figure out if a criminal is just crazy or demon possessed. The show is so scary!!!!

Then there is the show about a guy who works with cops. His dad is an incarcerated serial killer. In the last episode he discovered his mom might have known his dad was a serial killer long before she turned him in! How exciting!

Those two seem to be the cream of the crop. :hammock:

I keep going back to the old stuff. Seems like humans (and devils) are shown at their worst on tv. No one needs to be watching that.

Then you want to visit archive.org for the old movies and tv shows....everything from Lassie to Robinson Crusoe. THOUSANDS of old movies, HUNDREDS of old TV programs, MILLIONS of songs/albums. I just downloaded the Robinson Crusoe movie, and the entire "Fugitive" tv series.

My wife and I are watching on Netflix a show called Dark Crystal, yes its using puppets, but its also the same guy who i believed to make the Muppet show, This show is very detailed and very technical, the details within the show is in my opinion is just out of this world.

I started watching it. I loved the movie as a kid and the show is pretty good too.

Latest posts

Back