What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished "The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez," on Netflix. i have been seeing comments about the series for a few days and really thought I wouldn't be able to watch it. But I did. It is sad, but also about a whole bunch of people who didn't do the job they had.

I recently watched "Precious" at the recommendation of someone from a group about narcissism. I had never seen it. Some people should never be parents.

called "White Collar".

I really didn't like that series for some reason... can't put my finger on exactly why... maybe it was the actors.

I was at the big electronics box store this morning to get a cable... checked their movies. I got the 4 movie "Die Hard" series for $9

Sometime ago the tv series "Justified" came up in this thread. Many of us liked the show. Today at the same store I saw the "Justified" complete box set for $154. I liked the show but not that much! :rolleyes:

I bought a digital antenna recently cuz I haven't had cable or satellite for TV for a few years. Hooked it up myself. At least it has local news if needed and some old tv shows on various channels such as My Favorite Martian, That Girl, Hogan's Heroes, M*A*S*H, etc. I don't watch it much at all though.
One of the kids pays $12 a month for net flix and it can be watched on 2 or 3 devices at the same time, but you guys probably already know about nf.

I really didn't like that series for some reason... can't put my finger on exactly why... maybe it was the actors.

I was at the big electronics box store this morning to get a cable... checked their movies. I got the 4 movie "Die Hard" series for $9

Sometime ago the tv series "Justified" came up in this thread. Many of us liked the show. Today at the same store I saw the "Justified" complete box set for $154. I liked the show but not that much! :rolleyes:

Peanut funny you'd say this when I was goingto comment but hought it would sound silly or wierd.

"
" I really didn't like that series for some reason... can't put my finger on exactly why... maybe it was the actors."

A couple of the actors in that show White Collar looked very strange to me espeically his girl freind.
I saw a toddler in WalMart about 10 oe so years agowith the same kinda od unworldly look in their eyes. Sounds nuts I know but it was supernatural for a baby about 18 months old. Same kind of blue eyes type gaze that seemed to know what your thinking,and hubby ask me why that child was staring so hard at me and why it looked so strange .

I found "Little Men" on Amazon Prime. It is a series that is good for your children and family to view. I am a few episodes in and have no idea how many episodes there are total. I'm going to watch until I finish the series.

A couple of new movies… I bought the eastwood film “Richard Jewell” and a new one I kept seeing advertised recently “1917”.

Richard Jewel – A decent movie that fills in details on the Fed attempt to frame a dumb redneck for the atlanta olymipic bombing. Eastwood tried to be accurate with the story… Jewel was dumb as a box of rocks but he got a good lawyer. Even a dumb lawyer could have got him off that bs because the feds had nothing except proof from the start Jewel couldn’t be the bomber who phoned it in. It was sad his life got turned upside down for nothing. Even sadder his life never came back together, he died in '07 from complications from diabetes.

1917 - A good movie, it was done really well but the storyline sort of lost me for a short bit about 2/3rds of the way through with a strange sequence of events but it came back together well before the end. I enjoyed it.

TV… Anyone ever see a series that came on a few years ago named “Hap and Leonard”. I'm watching it tonight. I really liked it for some reason, thought the first season was great. I somehow missed the start of the second season and never got caught back up… saw just random episodes after that, enjoyed those. It was canceled in the 3rd season. Still, if I ever see the entire set on dvd I’ll buy it. I’d like to see it start to finish.

Peanut: I am with you. I loved the series "Justified" but I wouldn't pay $150 for the set either. The first few seasons Elmore Leonard was involved. The series was based on a novella he had written. He was one of my favorite authors as well. He has a huge body of work that spanned over 50 years. Many were made into movies, which were usually pretty faithful to the book, usually because Elmore Leonard was the screen writer. Broke my heart when he passed away.

The series I enjoy now are NCIS and Blue Bloods. I will watch them religiously. We get a cable channel AXS, which is mostly rock music oriented. Dan Rather has a show called "The Big Interview". He interviews mostly rock musicians from our era. It is quite good. I was surprised. AXS also has some very good concerts if that is your interest.

We watched a bunch of good concerts on AXS over the weekend. Also saw Dan rather interview Dan Akryod that was pretty good. I never cared for Rather. But this show is not bad. Otherwise we most watch reruns of Mayberry, Mash, etc.

I agree. I was not a big Dan Rather fan either. I guess I wait to see who the guest is, and then decide to watch. I really enjoyed his interviews with Greg Allman and Dicky Betz (two separate shows - not interviewed together). I think he also did one with Bob Weir which was very good. Last one I saw he was interviewing the guys from Kansas.

Once you watch particular shows, similar interests are suggested to you. Having watched shows about Jews and Jewish life, such as The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and others, the series, "Unothodox," came up for me. It is a four part series about a young Hasidic woman in an arranged marriage. I have always been interested in traditions in other cultures.

"The show is inspired by the bestselling memoir Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots, in which Deborah Feldman wrote about leaving the Hasidic Satmar community of Williamsburg, Brooklyn and her own family. She says the book and the Netflix series tell overlapping stories. "

I've saw headlines that he will have Don Felder from the Eagles and Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull on this season. Another decent show is Sammy Hagar and his road trips.

Don Felder should be interesting. I wonder if he sings a different tune (no pun intended) now the Glenn Frye is gone.

I heard a story about Ian Anderson, but have never been able to confirm it. Very early in his career he played guitar. When he heard Eric Clapton play he quit the guitar and took up the flute. His reason was "I will never be able to play that well." Maybe it will come up in the interview. I always liked Jethro Tull.

The wife and I have been watching pandemic movies since this whole thing started and our 'at home time' has increased considerably. We have seen Pandemic, Outbreak, I Am Legend, World War Z, Contagion, 28 Days Later, The Crazies, Carriers, 10 Cloverfield Lane, and Blindness. That's more movies than we saw in the 3-4 months prior and I have at least another 6-10 similar movies ready to go.

What's even crazier is that my wife had never seen a single one of them. She does not like scary movie at all and is not a big fan of action movies either. But COVID-19 has her loving all these end of days flicks. Which is great for me; I haven't had to watch any romantic comedies since Wuhan got locked down.

Funny thing, we've been watching a lot of Barn Wood Builders and Maine Cabin Masters reruns the last few weeks. In ways I wish I was 30 years younger and working with the barn wood builders. I love watching the old cabins and barn come apart and go back together. The craftsman ship just amazes me sometimes at what people did with hand tools and manpower 100-200 years ago.

We haven't watched a series since Blue Bloods and My favorite 'Person Of Interest' we like both of those but didn't like Dannys wife being killed off.
We did watch a couple YouTubers till Covid stranded most of them.

We haven't watched a series since Blue Bloods and My favorite 'Person Of Interest' we like both of those but didn't like Dannys wife being killed off.
We did watch a couple YouTubers till Covid stranded most of them.

I didn't like it when Danny's wife was killed. Makes you wonder what was going on behind the scenes (contract negotiations) that made that decision.

Yea! The new season of the only reality show I have ever enjoyed started tonight. In fact it's on now... Deadliest Catch!

Peanut have you ever watched this one? Its preety good we started from 1st one.
Not sure why they bleeped 3 cuss words out of it we never heard them do that much cussing. But glad they bleep it because it is more family oriented than most.

Been watching the Jericho series on NF. I never knew it existed until someone told be about it.

I have watched a few of those episodes, and enjoyed them, but I always felt lost because I started in the middle. I would like to see them in the proper sequence.

I would like to see them in the proper sequence.

If ya have Netflix, there is 39 episodes on there. I have no idea if that's all of them or not. I never heard of it until a couple weeks ago, and it's from 2006 lol.

Been watching the Jericho series on NF. I never knew it existed until someone told be about it.

USE CAUTION! The first season is pretty good, the second season will make you scratch your head and roll your eyes.

That movie "Blindness" freaked me out.
Sentry...you should check out the 1975 BBC series "Survivors". We ordered the 6 DVD set. Good.

I have seen a TV series called Survivors, and it was a BBC series, but it was made in 2008. I wonder if it was a reboot of the same series? Interesting. I will have to check out the 1975 series.

USE CAUTION! The first season is pretty good, the second season will make you scratch your head and roll your eyes.

It appears 29 episodes is it, I have them all on Netflix to watch. We finished Ep. 13 last night.

I watched the whole series quite a while ago, but did not realize it was on Netflix now. I want to watch it again.

I have been watching Shtisel, set in Jerusalem, about a Hasidic Jewish family, the Shtisel's. I just started season two. Most of it is in Hebrew with English subtitles, but there is the occasional conversation in Yiddish.

Back