What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished watching the last two of 10 episodes of the mini-series ""The Pacific". Simply put... it was great! It was just as good as "The Band of Brothers" though it was different. It got a bit more personal into the lives of the men highlighted.

Also, the war in the pacific was far more brutal than the one in europe, this was also shown in the series, how the men dealt with it.

I highly recommend it.

I just finished watching the last two of 10 episodes of the mini-series ""The Pacific". Simply put... it was great! It was just as good as "The Band of Brothers" though it was different. It got a bit more personal into the lives of the men highlighted.

Also, the war in the pacific was far more brutal than the one in europe, this was also shown in the series, how the men dealt with it.

I highly recommend it.
Where is it showing? Netflix? YouTube? Amazon Prime?

Where is it showing? Netflix? YouTube? Amazon Prime?
A good place to search where something may be streaming is "Just Watch", JustWatch

Screenshot at 2021-02-27 22-57-09.png

I found something I am trying very hard to not binge watch and use up all our internet data for the month in a week...

A Turkish soap opera called Winter Sun. It's a little bit like the Sopranos Turkish style. Except the bad guys are not likable at all ( I liked Tony Soprano lol)

We finished up Barney Miller and have now started on Night Court.
Hubby also switches between Dragnet,Francis the Talking Mule, East Side Kids, Top Gear and whatever movies he picked up at the pawn shop for 50 cents each lol
I only watch about 30 minutes of tv a day

It's a little bit like the Sopranos Turkish style. Except the bad guys are not likable at all ( I liked Tony Soprano lol)

Ha! I just finished watching the Soprano's box set. I pull it out every few years, usually in the spring. Not much on regular tv in the spring.

Now I'm watching the "My Name is Earl" box set. It's sort of like the 3 stooges living in a cheap motel. Not for everyone but I like it. Some of the dumb crap they do is just funny...

eh 01 a 07 sm.png

Girl With Pearl Earring

Someone gave me a poster of the painting at the same time the movie came out, but I never heard of the movie until recently. I imagine the family who gave the poster to me had seen the movie, but they made no mention of the movie to me, or I would have sought it out then. According to what I can tell from the movie, it was considered obscene for a woman's hair to be seen by a man, especially if he can see all of it. The girl whose image is used in the painting was asked to remove her cap, like a bonnet, so he could see her face better.
Meisje_met_de_parel.jpg

Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Leonard Nimoy is in it

That's sort of cool... I like when I watch an old movie and notice someone playing a bit part then who is now famous. I saw "To Kill a Mockingbird" a few years ago, hadn't seen it since I was a kid. To my surprise was the actor who played "Boo Radley", the mysterious character the kids are afraid of and no one ever sees until the end of the movie. The actor was a young Robert Duvall, who is now one of my all time favorite actors.

Ha! I just finished watching the Soprano's box set. I pull it out every few years, usually in the spring. Not much on regular tv in the spring.

Now I'm watching the "My Name is Earl" box set. It's sort of like the 3 stooges living in a cheap motel. Not for everyone but I like it. Some of the dumb crap they do is just funny...

View attachment 60438

The boy and I watch those for hours on end! My favorite is when they have the Cops episodes.

Back