What's everyone watching?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched the Fifth Wave this weekend. It was OK. The world gets taken over by aliens that look like humans. It was interesting how they decided to exterminate the human race. Start with an EMP, then earthquakes, then a killer pandemic, then turn humans against each other. Sounds pretty familiar, doesn't it?

PBS has a show that is clearly older but is new to me. Hetty Wainthropp Investigates. I only caught part of an episode but I liked it.

Also watching this music video. My mother is OBSESSED with Dimash. His parents are also singers and I find his father's voice to be very soothing. The mother also has a very pretty voice.

I guess this is a belated mother's day thing. LOL.

Watched my two favorite nothing shows tonight… Oak island and skinwalker ranch.

I knew it’s been a while, didn’t realize those brothers have been digging on oak island for 10yrs. For what, couple old coins and horse shoe? They could probably find more than that in my garden.

Skin walker ranch is worse. They need to fire their techs, every piece of equipment they try to use fails.

Once in a great while I’ll watch them… yep, still digging, gear keeps breaking and no ones found much of anything.

The oak island show is the better one… hey, who doesn’t like heavy equipment and metal detectors? :)

In anticipation of Memorial day... I started watching Battle 360 this week. I watched the first season, story of the carrier 'Enterprise'. Finished this evening, just in time to see Casablanca. It's on now.

On Netflix: The Mother

I'm going to give it a A-...not perfect, but quite good. It has a few faults, but this movie was right up my alley. Seems like right now there are so many woman-super-agent-who-beats-up-bigger-agent-guys movies, that it is getting kind of silly. And yet, that doesn't matter with this one.

I'm a sucker for a movie about a parent who will do anything to save their child, and that is what this movie is about. "I'm a killer. But, I'm also a mother. And, I will die protecting her." F'ing A you will! Moral clarity.

The mother character is acted by Jennifer Lopez. She is very good in this one...so good, you totally forget it is her. (Except for the butt shot, which you will see in the trailer...and you'll be like, "Oh yeah, Jennifer Lopez is the actress in this movie." Not a mistake that they put her name on the screen in the trailer right before that shot. But for the rest of the movie, you won't notice. :) )

Last edited:
Not watching TV tonight, but I picked up 5 DVDs from the library:

1) CROSS OF IRON (gotta love a library that has this Sam Peckinpah classic on the DVD shelf)

2) AVATAR (haven't seen it in awhile)

3) SAHARA (the Humphrey Bogart flick)

4) AMERICAN SNIPER (haven't seen it in awhile either)

5) THE IRISHMAN (a Martin Scorcese film which I've never seen, go figure)

There's a daily checkout limit of 5 DVDs per person, so these are the ones I picked to watch over the next week. I almost picked 'THE WILD BUNCH' with William Holden et al, another Sam Peckinpah classic, but I'll bag that next time, lol. :cool:

On Netflix: The Mother

I'm going to give it a A-...not perfect, but quite good. It has a few faults, but this movie was right up my alley. Seems like right now there are so many woman-super-agent-who-beats-up-bigger-agent-guys movies, that it is getting kind of silly. And yet, that doesn't matter with this one.

I'm a sucker for a movie about a parent who will do anything to save their child, and that is what this movie is about. "I'm a killer. But, I'm also a mother. And, I will die protecting her." F'ing A you will! Moral clarity.

The mother character is acted by Jennifer Lopez. She is very good in this one...so good, you totally forget it is her. (Except for the butt shot, which you will see in the trailer...and you'll be like, "Oh yeah, Jennifer Lopez is the actress in this movie." Not a mistake that they put her name on the screen in the trailer right before that shot. But for the rest of the movie, you won't notice. :) )

It is a remake, last time it was grandmother in Lou, before that it was Mothers day horror
called "Break In" Gabrielle Union in 2018. Hallie Berry did "Kidnaped", there was another one about a Russian girl, but I forgot the name. Tacitus, I like Jennifer Lopez, her best movie was "An unfinished Life" with Redford & Freeman. So I will check it out, when it come to CD.
Gina Joy Carano did "Daughter of the Wolf" about a mother too.
:eek:😔 Sorry everyone, I will compost the soap box now.

I watched the rugby and an episode of The Brokenwood Diaries, because its mind fudge.. I've lost the ability to sit and watch for any length of time; a small part of me even thinks of getting rid of the tv from my room. There's one in the living room but the kids use it, mainly at night, which is the only time I sit to watch anything. Bought 'Dune' movie and ten minutes in gave up and left the boys to it. One of them got Netflix and I haven't watched it either.

I started watching a Spanish murder mystery High Seas, but the plot seems very convoluted and weird. I think I will go back to watching Supernatural, in season 2 now
( this is probably the third time I watched it have the entire 15 seasons on DVD)

It is a remake, last time it was grandmother in Lou, before that it was Mothers day horror
called "Break In" Gabrielle Union in 2018. Hallie Berry did "Kidnaped", there was another one about a Russian girl, but I forgot the name. Tacitus, I like Jennifer Lopez, her best movie was "An unfinished Life" with Redford & Freeman. So I will check it out, when it come to CD.
Gina Joy Carano did "Daughter of the Wolf" about a mother too.
:eek:😔 Sorry everyone, I will compost the soap box now.
The Mother has basic similarities to Lou, a movie which I also liked.

Breaking In looks interesting, but I am a bit doubtful about having an entire movie take place in/around a single house...and in the trailer, the mother seems to not be an intel agency operative, so it is a little less believable that she will magically be able to take on a team of bad guys, but the premise is the same about the mother saving her kids.

The Mother has basic similarities to Lou, a movie which I also liked.

Breaking In looks interesting, but I am a bit doubtful about having an entire movie take place in/around a single house...and in the trailer, the mother seems to not be an intel agency operative, so it is a little less believable that she will magically be able to take on a team of bad guys, but the premise is the same about the mother saving her kids.
You are right, she has not seen her Father in years & he dies, then she break in the house after she is locked out, with her children still inside. It is more a mamma bear over come all like Kidnapped.
Lou & Daughter of the wolf are trained persons.

Last edited:
Finished Band of Brothers this afternoon. Those guys went thru hell, especially outside Bastogne. They arrived at the town with 140guys, left with 62, lot of young men died...

Just started the companion... The Pacfic, 10 part series about a group of marines from Guadalcanal til the end of the war.

Four men faced west
Glen Ford is the main star.

Just sitting here on the deck watching the birds come and go and the chickens and ducks heading back to the coop. The dogs are running around chasing each other, one dog is carrying around a calf skull that he found in our bone yard. Later we'll grill some pork chops and then head upstairs to watch a rerun of a Perry Mason movie.

Guess I'm not watching the Indy Race after all... I need to look into buying an on-air antenna, maybe I can pick it up next year. Thought I looked into these antennas before, and I think I was told they're useless out here in the boondocks, but it won't hurt to ask again. I'm really getting tired of having to pay to watch sports which used to be free... in fact, I refuse to pay at all. Stinking f#%ng greed is the only reason for it... meh, I've seen the Indy 500 before, no big deal if I never see it again. The greedy b@stards can take their "sports apps" and stick 'em where the sun don't shine... :mad:

Otherwise, I'm relaxing here, just watched a movie called 'CLOSE RANGE' and it was an unintentional comedy, lol. If you like seeing cartel beaners get beaten & shot, this is the movie for you! There's a corrupt sheriff in there as well... and who would've THUNK it? He gets a bullet to the head at the end of the movie. The downside to watching this movie is seeing those 'John Wayne 1000-round magazines' in action... the director actually threw in a shot or two of reloading, but nowhere near enough, lol. I wish I had one of those 'John Wayne 1000-round clips'---it would sure save on ammo costs! ;)

P.S. For those trying to figure out what I meant in that last line, here's the slow answer... if you slap a 30-round clip into your weapon but get 1000 rounds out of that clip, then you're saving money on ammo! 🤣

Last edited:
Indianapolis 500 race.
Me too!
Did you see the tire fly over the fence and nearly land in the crowd? :oops:
emo12-gif.64838

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back