Whats The Matter With Kids Today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Talking to my daughter this morning while she was dealing with her grandkids 3 and 6 yr.olds. Now they appreciate how every summer 4 to 6 of our grands spent the whole summer with us till they turned into teens. One summer we had 7. They were taught many things and also worked .
Anyway time changes all including opinions :D.

This song came to mind really cute song from Elvis movie.

Taco Bell Meltdown: Woman Breaks Into Tears, Calls Employee Racist Because She Couldn’t Order French Fries
Taco-Bell-Meltdown-Video-900x440.jpg

Sometimes, you just really need French fries.

A viral video making the rounds this week shows a woman in the ordering line at Taco Bell going into full meltdown mode when she was told that she could not order fries at the Mexican-American fast-food restaurant. In the video, the customer thought she was in a Burger King and had asked for a medium fry from the restaurant’s dollar menu.

The employee appeared confused and told the woman that she would not be able to order French fries.

She didn’t take it well.

“This is racism,” the woman, who appeared to be white, declared (via the New York Daily News).

A fellow customer then came to the restaurant’s defense, telling the woman that it was not racism, simply that she was in a Taco Bell and they would not be able to sell her French fries.

“Would you go into a Burger King and order tilapia or a taco?” a man said off screen. “No, you wouldn’t.”

The woman then burst into tears, explaining that she had just come into the Burger King in hopes of ordering some French fries, still not realizing she was in a Taco Bell instead. The women then went on to explain that she had already asked at the drive-thru window if she would be able to order fries, but was met with silence.

“I asked her at the window do you sell fries and she said nothing to me, nothing to me. Just looked at me like I was a piece of s**t,” the woman said (via the New York Daily News).

According to every generation of parents there kids are worse than them. I don't know if it's because of the mass media's coverage is more prevalent now than then, or if things have changed that much for the worse. I'm afraid that it's both. The decay of society has been a continuous cycle, things getting better when God is brought back in the cycle. I don't know the answer except for prayer for our supposed leaders of this country. That and to get off our backsides and "not to suffer the slings and arrows of misfortune but by opposing them end them", and get things done ourselves.

According to every generation of parents there kids are worse than them. I don't know if it's because of the mass media's coverage is more prevalent now than then, or if things have changed that much for the worse. I'm afraid that it's both. The decay of society has been a continuous cycle, things getting better when God is brought back in the cycle. I don't know the answer except for prayer for our supposed leaders of this country. That and to get off our backsides and "not to suffer the slings and arrows of misfortune but by opposing them end them", and get things done ourselves.

Gump,:I agree:. When we heard church bells ringing in every little town things were better for us all. Including minorities who we saw all dressed up in their Sunday best going to church with their mothers and FATHERS. Now hardly any young are marring of any color.
Like the Frenchman said " America is great because America is good ".

Village idiot would do something stupid and die off.
Today we have warning labels, Attorneys filing law suits, laws, "free" stuff and idiot proofed about everything that can be. Instead of dying off they are now breeding and increasing their numbers.

LOL< although I disagree. It is more immorality and violent and very vulgar filled entertainment than it is stupidity, imo.
I can remember when I felt embarrassed to be in the same room with my grown kids when TV was playing . reason I haven't had TV for over 2 decades now.

How many children cannot stand to be told no, or to not get what they want, when they want it, as they are growing up, and sometimes after they become adults?

I have been looking for a good article about the Santa Fe h.s. shooter. Most of them are not worthy. The piece about the shooter being spurned by a girl, and then her being his first victim. If he could not stand that his affection was not reciprocated, and the response is to kill her, how many other young people are out there who cannot stand to hear "No." ?

How many of us have been spurned by a love interest? Probably almost all of us.

Village idiot would do something stupid and die off.
Today we have warning labels, Attorneys filing law suits, laws, "free" stuff and idiot proofed about everything that can be. Instead of dying off they are now breeding and increasing their numbers.

Along that same line of thinking…

What looks to be happening is they are gearing society towards the lowest common denominator. Look at public schools and common core. Gearing the academics to what students can pass rather than making them have to pass. If a high percentage of students can’t pass, they change the curriculum so that students CAN pass. They should look at WHY students can’t do the academic work instead of just lowering the bar for everyone.

Same thing in society. Look at all the warning labels on items. Cup of coffee “Caution HOT”. Well, duh. Buy a knife, “WARNING: sharp” They are gearing society to the lowest common denominator rather than smartening up the morons. Hey, not everyone is an Einstein, but should a cup of coffee need a warning that it is hot?

I understand about the liability and suing them and all, but this leads to what I am saying. If any judge would let someone sue for getting burned because a cup of coffee was too hot, then it is time to hang it up. Coffee can be up to 212 degrees F, that is how it is. “Well, that is just too hot for some people to drink” Great, then maybe those folks should think about getting a sippy cup with tepid water in it and giving up coffee. The rest of us would test it, find out it is too friggin hot and set it down to cool a bit before drinking it. The smart ones might even put an ice cube in it to hasten the process. I’ve burned my tongue and spilled HOT coffee on myself more than once but never thought of suing anyone. I took it is part of life and moved on.

If we look around at what TPTB are doing, they are bringing society down to the level of its stupidest occupants. Instead of catering to them we need to stand up and tell them what is what. Gender neutral bathroom? Yeah right. Squatter or pointer? Those are the two choices, live with it. Can’t decide? Find a tree.

Maybe even designate one state the touchy feeley state. Talk was of breaking California up into three separate states. Great! Give SoCal away, cut if off from the rest of the states and let them have all the different bathrooms they want. Give folks an incentive to move there too... No Federal Taxes to pay in California! No Federal Law, no Feds at all, y’all are on your own.

When parents quit being parents.
And started being your best friend.
When they took God from the schools.
When they stop holding kids accountable.
When they stopped saying the Pledge.
When football players started kneeling while the National Anthem played.
That's why kids are what they are today.
Don't get me wrong;
This is my opinion.
My sons were raised with strict rules.
You screwed up, you paid the piper.
You stand for the National Anthem. Period.
You respect our flag.
Both of my sons graduated, maybe not with honors.
But they both graduated.
They moan and groan that the teachers pick on them.
Had one teacher that tried that crap with my youngest son.
Oldest son took care of it before I got to school.
Cause I would have cleaned that teachers plow.
Made youngest son walk on broken foot and ankle for an hour.
While in Physical Education class, was going to make a man out of him.
Sons took care of that right quick.
Then I took care of school board, teacher's mentor.
Teacher found out right quick I was more man than he would have ever been.
Parents need to be parents.
Not your buddy, bestie.
You got to stand for something.
Make it count.

Dumbing Us Down, by John Taylor Gatto. He was voted NY State teacher of the Year more than once. He tells in this book about the hidden curricula of compulsory education.
He's got some youtube videos too.

Also, Homeschooling for Excellence, by David & Micki Colfax. David was a teacher in NY. Their perspective is from fearful parents wanting smart kids that know how to function. They were not religious, so it's not that kind of book. They taught their kids how to work.

Last edited:
A lot of it stems from the 60s. All parents want better for their children so that they do not have to endure the hardships we had to.

If you really look at what you have, is it really all that bad? When is enough enough?

Materialistic tendencies are the doom of this nation.

I basically live in a truck but I am also happy. Bills are paid, food in the belly, clothes on my back(and front), kids are all grown and have jobs. What more can you want?

Maybe kids need to have some of the same struggles that we did. It will either make them stronger or crush them. There is no participation trophy for life.

Latest posts

Back