What's the most redneck thing you have ever done?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backlash

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In keeping with a theme from Weedys redneck thread how about the most redneck thing you have ever personally done.
I will start.
I dated a cousin.
In my defense, I did not know she was my cousin and she was smoking hot and very friendly.
That budding romance ended very quickly. Her decision, not mine. See above for reference. :p

In keeping with a theme from Weedys redneck thread how about the most redneck thing you have ever personally done.
I will start.
I dated a cousin.
In my defense, I did not know she was my cousin and she was smoking hot and very friendly.
That budding romance ended very quickly. Her decision, not mine. See above for reference. :p
Was she a first cousin, or more distant of a cousin? In my genealogy search of old Czech records, I saw where one of my relatives was given special permission to marry a first cousin. There was research done back a few generations before permission was granted to see that there was no previous cousin marriages.

I have to think about this. Maybe someone else's experience will jog my memory.

Not me, but I do know first cousins who did the deed.

This is a hard one...

Is stopping on the side of the road, gutting the deer that was just hit by the guy in front of you and putting it in the trunk: redneck?

Is filling your radiator with water taken from a drainage ditch, just to get home: redneck?

Is having to jump out of a second story window because your girlfriend's dad came home early and was heading up the stairs with a shotgun: redneck?

Nope, I just can't think of anything I've done that would be considered hard core redneck........ and if I did I most likely couldn't write it down....

Noodling for catfish on the backwaters of the bayou.

Distant cousin that I didn't know was a cousin until long after the deed was done! lmao Made for an interesting family reunion when grandma introduced us and explained we were related 4,5,6 places down the line somewhere. But I doubt that counts. Hot would be an understatement she made a brick outhouse appear shabby!

Distant cousin that I didn't know was a cousin until long after the deed was done! lmao Made for an interesting family reunion when grandma introduced us and explained we were related 4,5,6 places down the line somewhere. But I doubt that counts. Hot would be an understatement she made a brick outhouse appear shabby!
If you were related that many times, you know there was some inbreeding there!

If you were related that many times, you know there was some inbreeding there!
Not related that many times I just never could follow the distant cousins lines. IE my grandfathers brothers great granddaughter or something like that. This was a long long time ago when I was still a teenager or very early 20's when we met at the reunion which was a year or more after the fact...

Not related that many times I just never could follow the distant cousins lines. IE my grandfathers brothers great granddaughter or something like that. This was a long long time ago when I was still a teenager or very early 20's when we met at the reunion which was a year or more after the fact...
I know someone who never told the full story, but he had a cousin that he called his kissing cousin. I always suspected something more.

Our family does not marry first or second cousins, so mostly young people meet people from other communities. My cousin Melvin (a Mennonite 97 yr old) keeps a photo of a lady that he dated once when he was a teenager. He loves to talk about Emma. It's sad that she passed away last year, but had dementia real bad in her last days. He found out she was a cousin, so it stopped at the first date. He married someone else, and they were married over 60 yrs, until she passed. But he still carries Emma's photo.
The way kids are hauled around here is pretty redneck. A tractor with a horse trailer attached. Usually there's an old couch or loveseat in the trailer. That's the mode of transportation for our grandkids this week till we get back home, since that's what their babysitter has.

I will start.
I dated a cousin.

LOL! Well Backlash, your not the only one.

I am at work & had a few minutes to spare so I checked on H&CL. Reading this post, sorry, it made me lol. I read it aloud to my coworker from the Poconos who said, “I did that one time too! I seen this really hot girl, she looked like Sally Fields. I asked her out & she said sure. I arrived at her parents house and was chatting with her mom when her mom said “Your a Hunsinger?” I replied yes & she said “You two are cousins!””

At that point he was glad he agreed to meet the parents & didn’t get any further with the girl who looks like Sally Fields 😅👍

I don't know if it counts but when I was around maybe 6 or 7, we went to our mom's village. My cousins and I went to the marsh...river...body of water, I don't know what it would be called...and with handmade nets and sharpened sticks, we went crab fishing.

We got out of there with a couple of crabs, some small fish and hermit crabs.

I kissed my first cousin. Truth be told he is adopted so we are not blood kin.

As for redneck-y...

I have cooked and eaten road kill. Not deer or large game. It was a rabbit (at least what was left looked like a rabbit).

And the ever funny 'Fling-kitty"! Roadkill cat that has been run over soooooo many times it is flat and the roads are frozen in winter you can throw the cat like a frisbee. My dad introduced this to me as a kid. He use to do this in Kansas when they lived off the main road outside of town.

I don't know if it counts but when I was around maybe 6 or 7, we went to our mom's village. My cousins and I went to the marsh...river...body of water, I don't know what it would be called...and with handmade nets and sharpened sticks, we went crab fishing.

I recall doing that as a kid, and also I had fun doing that with my kids whenever we had the opportunity!

I recall doing that as a kid, and also I had fun doing that with my kids whenever we had the opportunity!
It was fun. I was scared at the time because I couldn't see the bottom - we were in the water, around waist-deep and I had no idea what I was walking on. But it actually was fun.

Little granddaughter is learning to be a redneck. We have a very huge cow manure pile, I mean huge. I was out feeding the turkeys, and their run is near it. Little granddaughter is running around all over it barefoot. I pointed that out, and she shrugs her shoulders, oh well.
From the kid that never wanted to get dirty or play outside last year.
Bochy. Amish for gross.

I don't know what it would be called...and with handmade nets and sharpened sticks, we went crab fishing.

My story sort of fits... I was 13 or so. I got in a fist fight at school. Who won depends on your point of view. I knocked the kid out but broke my hand in the process.

I ended up in the ER that night... on the next gurney was a female cousin, about the same age... She'd been frog gigging with her brothers and got a frog gig driven through her bare foot.

Yep, my family were rednecks! We had reunions at the ER!
biggrin.gif

I will start.
I dated a cousin.

I picked up my wife from her highschool graduation ceremony and drug her off off to live with me in Alaska.

The canadians at the border thought I kiddknapped her but it was cool because her mom had given me her paperwork and signed her over to me.

Latest posts

Back