Whats Wrong With This Plant?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Grandaughter ask me what to do,I just told her to cut it back to 5th leaf and stop using pesticides .
@Peanut?
1590030196231.png

1590030430862.png

Looks like a classic case of "Fire Blight" to me. It usually affects apple trees but.... since apples decended from roses (closely related species) Fire Blight will affect roses from time to time.

It commonly affects pear trees too, another closely related species.

Looks like a classic case of "Fire Blight" to me. It usually affects apple trees but.... since apples decended from roses (closely related species) Fire Blight will affect roses from time to time.

It commonly affects pear trees too, another closely related species.

What would you do for them? I told her to cut them back to the 5th leaf and no more pesticide.Not sure what she used on them.

It's a disease caused by a bacterium (Erwinia amylovora) that thrives in the warm, humid, and rainy weather that coincides with the start of the growing season, and it is easily spread.

A pesticide is useless against bacteria, a waste of money that does nothing! Tell her to contact local rose or garden clubs, the county extension service... etc. They might can help some.

Even when treated properly it may kill all her roses anyway. It's a nasty, almost impossible to stop, disease. NOT a pest/insect.

It's a disease caused by a bacterium (Erwinia amylovora) that thrives in the warm, humid, and rainy weather that coincides with the start of the growing season, and it is easily spread.

A pesticide is useless against bacteria, a waste of money that does nothing! Tell her to contact local rose or garden clubs, the county extension service... etc. They might can help some.

Even when treated properly it may kill all her roses anyway. It's a nasty, almost impossible to stop, disease. NOT a pest/insect.

Thank you Peanut.I'll tell her .Figured you'd have a good idea about what it is.

@Meerkat I just noticed the sprinkler in the first photo... TURN IT OFF! Humidity and water causes the disease to spread faster!

OK I'll leave her a message.She just went ot bed . I noticed it too,told her she should just use soaker or drip snd only water when they need it..

Latest posts

Back