When was the last time you really cried?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoomzoom

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I'm not talking about tears from a movie or whatever, I'm thinking about real heart felt tears.

For me, the most recent was when our family dog was diagnosis with Lyme Disease. She was seriously lethargic and struggling to survive. My son and I sat with her, crying and praying while she sat between our legs. Thankfully, she recovered but it was a seriously trying time.

October 14th 2002, and for several weeks thereafter. My grandma passed that day. I spent LOTs of time with her and papaw growing up. They taught me a lot to. It was hard when papaw passed, but he had been sick with Altzheimers for years and in a way it was a relief that he wasn't suffering anymore. But mamaw while not fully healthy had been covering up how sick she was. Wife and I took off for a 2 week vacation to the Grand Canyon, Utah parks, etc camping. Got a call our 3rd day there that she had been put in hospital and was having surgery the next day. I called back then and found out she was eaten up with cancer and had just a short time to live. We packed up and headed back for a nearly 3 day trip knowing what was coming. I got to the hospital and had maybe 30 minutes to sit and talk to her in a drug induced coma before she passed. We buried her on my birthday.
That was a terrible day in my life and I can fall apart if I spend much time thinking about it to this day.

Last time was last August when my sweet schnauzer, Lucy, died. I cried a lot when my mom died in 1984. I have had friends and family die since then, but very few tears. For some reason, I cry harder when any of my pups die than people. I have always felt closer to my animals than people. May not be right but that is how it is.

When my wife of 20 plus years informed me she was going to be my EX-Wife. She is a great Lady and out standing mother. I was a poor excuse for a hubby. Sometime I have to really be smacked in the head to see the forest for the trees. She made the right decision.

Emotional tears don't come easily to me but there have been occasions. I cried when my 8 year old niece died after her second fight with leukemia. I cried when my dad died... there was a lot of stuff left unsaid. I didn't cry when my mom passed. We spent her last year together and talked and walked a lot. I knew it was time.
The last time I cried was from pain that I had been dealing with for about six months. It was caused by some medication that my doctor prescribed and it just kept getting worse. When I broke down in tears in her office she looked up the side effects and had me stop taking the meds. I was pain free in less than a week. When I am dealing with pain and it gets to be too much my eyes leak. It's not crying but it does tell me that I need to let it take over for a time so that I can identify it and acknowledge it before I put it back into its box. I have a very high pain threshold and a high tolerance to pain. I passed a kidney stone without a tear because it was less pain than my migraines. I've had teeth drilled without Novocaine and broken bones without a whimper. I had a broken arm for three days before I went to the doctor. He had to re-break it to set it properly- no drugs for that either. I feel emotional pain but I react the same way to it as I do with physical pain. I let it take over, examine it, classify it and then I deal with it. Emotional pain is easier to let stay in the past. Then I have the memories without the pain.

The beginning of last summer when I found out my sister put my mom in a home and she wouldn't tell me where. When she did tell me where and I talked to mom on the phone, I cried hard again. She was so drugged up. I couldn't believe someone could do that to their mother.
I am so glad you were able to free your mother and to take control of that situation. My guess is that there is a whole bunch of that that goes on these days, unlike the days when grandparents lived with their children and grandchildren.

couple of weeks ago. I twisted my knee and I couldn't take the pain anymore. I took a pill and went to bed and cried. Its better now but it took me days of ice and heat and staying off it to get it to where it is now

Latest posts

Back