When you just gotta keep busy . . .

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VThillman

Geezer
Neighbor
hairdr.jpg

A hairdresser forced to stay home . . .

It needs WINGS!

When get bored...hince need something to do ..

Clean, clean , clean...
View attachment 38290
Jim
I shoulda shot that Sharpes Quigley and got pix when I could.

Too many things are being added to my 'no longer possible' list lately
crying.gif

My daughter's started by baking almost daily. Constantly baking. Now instead we have a huge pile of clothes in the living room because all of my daughters decided to clean out their closets. But since we (they) are not going out, we can't sell them on the rummage site. They are going to make a small fortune when life gets back to normal. I also noticed that every time I come home they all have braided hair and painted finger nails.

Grandkids have been singing karaoke before dinner. They don't carry a tune. Husband wants to know if we can barter eggs for singing lessons. The 1000 piece puzzle is being worked on. Little granddaughter's mom calls every single afternoon and will keep her on the phone forever (because she's home), so we usually say something after 30 minutes. Her mom is up all night, sleeps till afternoon, has never held a job, fighting her addictions in California. She wondered yesterday why little granddaughter doesn't nap. Kids go to sleep at 9:30p.m., and up at 8 a.m. That's plenty of sleep. Husband naps daily, but he is usually up multiple times at night. I'm getting many texts for people wanting to come by to see chickens. Nope. Our son now wants to keep a bunch, or distribute them to people who are "chicken responsible" if I don't move them. Husband is getting super annoyed with being housebound, so I'm hoping the weather is decent today to set up a picnic outside for lunchtime. Otherwise, he can't really get out and walk around much. Youngest daughter will be here for dinner tonight. I am also hoping for a non windy not freezing evening coming up soon....have some Jiffy Pop containers we can use on the pit fire. Also have have smores making stuff.

When get bored...hince need something to do ..

Clean, clean , clean...
View attachment 38290
Jim
I hunted with a guy that used a really old original 45-70. He also used it to shoot .410 shotgun shells at grouse.
He killed a big cow elk and it dropped her in her tracks. There was very little bloodshot whereas if I had shot her with my 7mm Mag most of the shoulder would have been wasted.

Removing most of the K-3rd grade books and stuff from the library, starting to plan my boys school year and for classes I teach, making turkey bone broth, dehydrating bell peppers and kale, and waiting for the mud to dry up so I can get the garden going.

My daughter was just saying today she will keep the exspensive home school books she bought for her 14 yr old son. She said she actually enjoys reading them. I think those grandkids have finally did some mental damage,but its temporary. :D .She was peeling little 18 mon. old Tarzan off the stove at the time while 3 yr old was pulling 8 yo hair making her scream.

My daughter was just saying today she will keep the exspensive home school books she bought for her 14 yr old son. She said she actually enjoys reading them. I think those grandkids have finally did some mental damage,but its temporary. :D .She was peeling little 18 mon. old Tarzan off the stove at the time while 3 yr old was pulling 8 yo hair making her scream.
We dont use textbooks for history, science, or language arts and in our studies we’ve come across some great books we will definitely revisit at a later time and with younger kids. They are a part of our family culture now. And I’m just a book hoarder 🤣

We dont use textbooks for history, science, or language arts and in our studies we’ve come across some great books we will definitely revisit at a later time and with younger kids. They are a part of our family culture now. And I’m just a book hoarder 🤣

Not sure what books it is but she likes them.:dunno:II like history too but its hard to find real history now if there is such a thing.

Latest posts

Back