White Oak Bark

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patchouli

Gatekeeper
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Doing a little research on medicinal trees today. One video showed that white oak bark is flakey and will brush off the tree easily and also crumble in the hands easily, probably depends on the age of the tree too. It can then be used as a healing agent. In this other video the host tells how he has used it for a spider bite.
White oaks are well-suited for making watertight barrels also.

Having forgotten about a mix of “herbs” I have used for various aches, injuries, pains, I ordered a cut mix, not powder, to help my foot, which I hurt in a different place last night on top of my current injury. I know it helps. So would boots I reckon. This isn’t funny, but go ahead and laugh. I like knowing there are herbs that can help heal my body when it doesn’t seem strong enough to do it alone. A younger friend said since we’re getting older we can expect it to take a little longer to heal. Thanks, buddy.
So the mix I ordered is made of white oak bark, lungwort, Slippery Elm Bark, Marshmallow Root, Mullein Leaf, Black Walnut Leaf, Gravel Root, Wormwood Herb, Plantain Leaf, Skullcap Herb, Lobelia Herb and Aloe Vera Gel Powder. I have had even just a few of these ingredients on hand and made a poultice or soaking solution of them and seen nearly immediate results.

Having forgotten about a mix of “herbs” I have used for various aches, injuries, pains, I ordered a cut mix, not powder, to help my foot, which I hurt in a different place last night on top of my current injury. I know it helps. So would boots I reckon. This isn’t funny, but go ahead and laugh. I like knowing there are herbs that can help heal my body when it doesn’t seem strong enough to do it alone. A younger friend said since we’re getting older we can expect it to take a little longer to heal. Thanks, buddy.
So the mix I ordered is made of white oak bark, lungwort, Slippery Elm Bark, Marshmallow Root, Mullein Leaf, Black Walnut Leaf, Gravel Root, Wormwood Herb, Plantain Leaf, Skullcap Herb, Lobelia Herb and Aloe Vera Gel Powder. I have had even just a few of these ingredients on hand and made a poultice or soaking solution of them and seen nearly immediate results.
Sorry about your foot!

Latest posts

Back