White River 2021 photo heavy

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our annual men’s family float trip will be on the Buffalo river this year. Jake and I have spent the day getting our equipment ready to go. I’m so excited to take Jake this year. It will be his first year to go on this trip, I’m looking so forward to spending 2 nights on the river and 3 days fishing with him and the rest of the men in the family.
I don't know how I missed this thread, but the bacon picture is priceless!!! :D
67715-B4C12C7E-44F4-49D1-BAC4-50441E1CA70D.jpeg

There is a White River in South Dakota. It ends by Ft. Pierre where it empties into the Missouri River. It goes through Mellette County, and there is a town named White River as well. It is often pretty white in color, thus the name. I have no idea if there are any fish in it, but if there are, there are not any like what you caught. If you drove across the state on I-90, you likely crossed it. It has been so long since I drove through there, I have no memory of it.

(Lakota: Makhízita wakpá; "White Dirt River")

Someone obviously know how to cook.
Those pictures made me Hungary.
Also reminded me of a trip I went on with my BIL, nephew and 2 friends on a jet boat up the Snake river.
We cooked bacon the same way. Perfect coals, 5 pounds of bacon and a huge cast iron skillet.
It was a great trip. 3 of the 5 are now gone.

Me with a pretty little Rainbow
That' a nice'n right there, that would look good on the smoker. nothing like a fresh smoked rainbow trout and a cold beer to wash it down with.

Trip got cancelled, there’s not enough water to get the boats over the shoals it’s been dry here this spring. Jake was disappointed so I told him he and I would go to the James River and float and camp a few days. Last minute change of plans but I bet he and I will have fun anyway.

Latest posts

Back