Who Am I.....

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please do you will be surprised. Check out the Mises Institute.
You mentioned 'capitalists'.
I am a capitalist also.
I believe the harder someone works, the more they should be paid, and they should not be forced to 'share' it with people that won't work.

Think of not spending more than you have in intrinsic values to back up what your money is valued at, for you it might be property, homes, businesses and for a nation it would be gold or silver, farms, ranches, factories, mining, or oil wells, etc. The present debt in terms of debt to GDP (Gross Domestic Products) is 34.6 trillion and is slatted to climb by one trillion every 80 to 100 days, go to USA Debt Clock and watch the millions of dollar spent every minute, it'll make your head dizzy watching. The mortgage problems of 1980 were never corrected and things have gotten far worse, the derivates caused by large mortgage companies bundling caustic mortgages and selling to other banks is reportedly over one quadrillion $1,000,000,000,000,000. If someone bought their home with an adjustable rate mortgage, it's highly likely they don't know who's holding the title.
Ah so true.

You mentioned 'capitalists'.
I am a capitalist also.
I believe the harder someone works, the more they should be paid, and they should not be forced to 'share' it with people that won't work.
When I was a professional tax preparer I worked on commission. I wasn't paid more no matter how hard I worked. But the more I produced the more money I made. People should be paid for how much they produce NOT on how hard they work.

When I was a professional tax preparer I worked on commission. I wasn't paid more no matter how hard I worked. But the more I produced the more money I made. People should be paid for how much they produce NOT on how hard they work.
That's what I meant.
I just didn't word it right.

Hi I'm new here and have no idea of what I'm doing but I'll learn eventually if given enough time.

I'm not interested in politics here as have enough of that in another forum. I'm interested in the shooting sports. I use to hunt in my younger days but now mostly just shoot. I belong to an outdoor range and an indoor range. I hope to share firearm information and learn firearm information. I have a canceled carry permit here in Montana although it's not needed as we have constitutional carry.

I'm a history, philosophy, and Austrian Economics nerd, I read a lot and do latch hook occasional. I'm a Classical Libertarian and laissez faire capitalist. I'm also married and have no idea what my wife sees in me but she has kept me around going on 47 years, married 38 years. I guess she must see something I don't get.

So I guess that's it for me.
Gidday, matey! Who have you known for 40,000 posts with an avatar like CrocDundee!!!

Lol

Howdy Howdy just popped on from the shire. To extend a hand🫲
And welcome you here from there
I do have a question or 2 I ask new people,
Do you eat fried bologna?
Where would suggest a person install the air snorkel for an under ground bunker?
Last but not last.
When you stated you so should be paid for the amount you produce as opposed to how hard you work . Really?

here is my belief on monies earned
You earn what ever it is you negotiate to earn when you walk in the door
Each one of us went through some type of hire process at some point wages are discussed. A person stands on there feet looking his potential employer in the eye and either agrees or disagrees to the terms set forth. I personally have stood up stuck my hand out and said. Man, I just can not accept that. I wish we could have come to an agreement. Stuck my hand out. Wished the person well and walked out.
That is capitalism, sitting in the office mumbling to yourself and accepting what is given is akin to slavery
In other words if we are doing the same job and you make more than I do. Tough snicker doodles. Sucks to be me.

capitalism is reaching out and attempting to snatch the brass ring. The farther you reach the better the chances

On a lighter note. Have you shot a Swedish 6.5x55 ? My favorite round. And the Swedish make a very fine weapon I shoot long range. And
Welcome.

Lol

Howdy Howdy just popped on from the shire. To extend a hand🫲
And welcome you here from there
I do have a question or 2 I ask new people,
Do you eat fried bologna?
Where would suggest a person install the air snorkel for an under ground bunker?
Last but not last.
When you stated you so should be paid for the amount you produce as opposed to how hard you work . Really?

here is my belief on monies earned
You earn what ever it is you negotiate to earn when you walk in the door
Each one of us went through some type of hire process at some point wages are discussed. A person stands on there feet looking his potential employer in the eye and either agrees or disagrees to the terms set forth. I personally have stood up stuck my hand out and said. Man, I just can not accept that. I wish we could have come to an agreement. Stuck my hand out. Wished the person well and walked out.
That is capitalism, sitting in the office mumbling to yourself and accepting what is given is akin to slavery
In other words if we are doing the same job and you make more than I do. Tough snicker doodles. Sucks to be me.

capitalism is reaching out and attempting to snatch the brass ring. The farther you reach the better the chances

On a lighter note. Have you shot a Swedish 6.5x55 ? My favorite round. And the Swedish make a very fine weapon I shoot long range. And
Welcome.
Thanks for the welcome.

#1 Yes I have eaten fried bologna and still do occasionally.

#2 I have no idea of where to put a air snorkel for an under ground bunker.

#3 Yes I learned to work smart not hard in later life. I could do three easy tax returns in about an hour and because I worked on commission I made about $150 an hour whereas the hourly employees doing three easy tax returns earn about $12 an hour. On harder returns I might earn $25 to $50 an hour the hourly employees were still earning their $12 an hour. I gave up security for pay and they gave up pay for security. When there was no work I made nothing and went home. They stay for their entire shift and still got paid for doing nothing. Work smart not hard.

#4 No I have not shot the 6.5X55 but would like to some day.

I hope all is well with you and again thanks for the welcome.

Last edited:
Please do you will be surprised. Check out the Mises Institute.
Well I dug a little- and immediately found I had some recognition with some of the names which I first heard as the same names came up frequently when l learned about anarcho-capitalism. I'm now 100% sure ive heard of Austrian economics before and have a decent grasp on what its all about because I have actually studied an-caps. There are obviously differences between Austrian economics and anarcho capitalism- it may seem small, but the the consequences of those semmingly minor difference are pretty major. Frankly speaking I'm not a great fan of either, but I do appreciate that your introduction led me to a deeper understanding.

I have some reservations about much of what is taught in the Austrian school of economics as well as things that I like and agree with. However, Concerning this:
It's one of the best systems to run by, if the USA ran by the Austrian economics system we wouldn't be in the trouble we're in now.
I think if we ran with the Austrian system you would indeed be correct that we would not face the trouble we are currently in- however depending on the timescale wed be facing different problems- whether that's better or worse is a matter of perspective and positions I'm afraid. All of these human systems are fickle and subject to relativism...

----

@Quark I'm not going to bother anyone with my thoughts on the subject cause that's not what the thread is about, though I do think it'd be worthy of starting a different thread to discuss it. To get back on topic concerning what this thread is about- Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome.

#1 Yes I have eaten fried bologna and still do occasionally.

#2 I have no idea of where to put a air snorkel for an under ground bunker.

#3 Yes I learned to work smart not hard in later life. I could do three easy tax returns in about an hour and because I worked on commission I made about $150 an hour whereas the hourly employees doing three easy tax returns earn about $12 an hour. On harder returns I might earn $25 to $50 an hour the hourly employees were still earning their $12 an hour. I gave up security for pay and they gave up pay for security. When there was no work I made nothing and went home. They stay for their entire shift and still got paid for doing nothing. Work smart not hard.

#4 No I have not shot the 6.5X55 but would like to some day.

I hope all is well with you and again thanks for the welcome.
Good answer my sensitive eared friend
We can take this up in a diff forum at a diff. Time.

Glad you are happy about some things here Quark, hope the Ferengi smile will get bigger and you may spend a few days basking in the sunshine HEHEHEH.

Ahh yeah get that other economy related thread going, I will take capitalism BUT use the idea of Fiscal responsibility in all situations.

You do not have to implement an entire economic system to use some of its sensible ideas you just have to FORCE the holders of the treasury to comply or die in prison.

Yeah, a pink square with the giant letter "Q" in it? gaah
He's an oldie like us, so I'm pretty sure he ain't a tranny.
Even this one would be better: Quark from Star Trek Deep Space Nine:
QuarkDS9.jpg

(notice, it is already square:))
That's a good one. The only one I could fine is the one I have.

Well I dug a little- and immediately found I had some recognition with some of the names which I first heard as the same names came up frequently when l learned about anarcho-capitalism. I'm now 100% sure ive heard of Austrian economics before and have a decent grasp on what its all about because I have actually studied an-caps. There are obviously differences between Austrian economics and anarcho capitalism- it may seem small, but the the consequences of those semmingly minor difference are pretty major. Frankly speaking I'm not a great fan of either, but I do appreciate that your introduction led me to a deeper understanding.

I have some reservations about much of what is taught in the Austrian school of economics as well as things that I like and agree with. However, Concerning this:

I think if we ran with the Austrian system you would indeed be correct that we would not face the trouble we are currently in- however depending on the timescale wed be facing different problems- whether that's better or worse is a matter of perspective and positions I'm afraid. All of these human systems are fickle and subject to relativism...

----

@Quark I'm not going to bother anyone with my thoughts on the subject cause that's not what the thread is about, though I do think it'd be worthy of starting a different thread to discuss it. To get back on topic concerning what this thread is about- Welcome to the forum!
I'm new here so what forum would economy be on? Thanks.

If it is about the U.S. economy, the threads quickly spin into politics so they will end up in the Political Discussion section anyway.
Probably better to just drop it there at the start. Like:
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/economy-tanking.19060/
If it is about the U.S. economy, the threads quickly spin into politics so they will end up in the Political Discussion section anyway.
Probably better to just drop it there at the start. Like:
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/economy-tanking.19060/
I can't as I don't have permission. However, I'm not going to get into some political discussion as such. I'll just explain Austrian Economics.

I can't as I don't have permission. However, I'm not going to get into some political discussion as such. I'll just explain Austrian Economics.
You can simply ask a moderator for permission to go in.
But wear your thick Ferengi skin in there.
Even Austrian Economics could rub some 'thinsitive' people the wrong way in the common sections and they might cry.:cry:
(thinsitive: a combination of the words thin-skinned and sensitive)

Last edited:
You can simply ask a moderator for permission to go in.
But wear your thick Ferengi skin in there.
Even Austrian Economics could rub some 'thinsitive' people the wrong way in the common sections and they might cry.:cry:
(thinsitive: a combination of the words thin-skinned and sensitive)
Thanks I have thick skin that's not the problem. I'll have to think about this as I'm in two political forums already. Do I really need more?

Thanks I have thick skin that's not the problem. I'll have to think about this as I'm in two political forums already. Do I really need more?
It's easy, simply post your thread and don't read the other threads in there :thumbs:.

Latest posts

Back