Why I Left Homesteadingtoday.com & You Should

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merle

Friend
Neighbor
Homesteading Today has had it's fair share of owners, I've lost count.

The current ones are the worse. Carbon Media Group.

The quantity of ads on the websites are at an all time high.

The quanity of Administrators they have gone through is staggering &now they fired the last one they had for years &all of sudden deleted threads.

I got a private message that put it over the top though. Carbon Media's hope I guess is to use the communnity to watch their TV shows & the biggest one is Niggas on The River.

https://www.carbontv.com/shows/nodr/?component=drop-down-menu

On their website they use the name NODR. where N is Nigga.

Pass on that. suggest others do as well & if you know anyone that uses Homesteading Today, let them know about Nigga's On the River & how their activity at HomesteadingToday.com is funding that. Give those guys a show or find another ethnic group to be diverse, it's racist the show you want to promote you have to include the word Nigga in even if the TV show presenters call themselves that.

Welcome! CMG is not concerned about you or anyone else. They only care about the all mighty dollar. I have been emailing them every single day, they don't care. They don't care people are dropping off their forums left and right. They don't care because they will not delete your accounts and it looks as if tons of people are still there so they can advertise and advertise, money money money! Now that i think about it not all the ads there were CMGs so now im going to email their clients. I know it won't amount to a hill of squat but it makes me feel better, and if it makes one person aware of what CMG is doing than i win. Heck im irritating them enough that i win anyways. Really we all win because Angie worked her but off to make such a wonderful place for all of us to come to! If you can go back to your old forum and get aa many people over here as you can, that is the best way to stick it to CMG!

I think this forum is better already!

I am on HT and have been for many years. I tend to hang out with the crafters and quilters. But if what you say about "NODR" is correct I may have to make a hard decision. I don't see any ads since I have AdBlock Plus and I'm a supporting member, so I had no idea.
And the loss of Austin was a blow as he was one of the best admins we've ever had. I wish there were a way of contacting him.

Well I just wanted to say thanks Angie for setting up this forum. Wow! I can't believe how active it has become in just a few days.

Although, I was supposed to decorate, get gift packages together, do Christmas cards, and wrap gifts today I didn't get it all done. I kinda skipped out on the gift wrapping today b/c this forum is just too addicting!!! It's very neat to see this place blossom so quickly.:thumbs up: It is much appreciated! Congrats on a job well done!

ETA - thanks for the update on Austin. Hope we see him soon.

I am on HT and have been for many years. I tend to hang out with the crafters and quilters. But if what you say about "NODR" is correct I may have to make a hard decision. I don't see any ads since I have AdBlock Plus and I'm a supporting member, so I had no idea.
And the loss of Austin was a blow as he was one of the best admins we've ever had. I wish there were a way of contacting him.

Hi Elgar.
I am a supporting member of PS but that did not stop them from banning me because I posted question asking them to explain their behavior. I was very careful not to post anything offensive (language or name calling). My offense was to post my email address. Now I don't sell anything, have no competing web service or anything that could be considered a breach of the terms of service. I did point out the severe drop off in posts. I did point out there were more robots on site than active members. I did ask them to deny or confirm if they were altering posts or private messages. When a person asks uncomfortable questions, then the thread gets locked down. They don't remove it because if they did there would be not activity to show.

The difference is that here, state your mind and folks will discuss it with you in a polite fashion, you are not going to get banned for not following the company doctrine. Now once this site gets a support system available, then I will become a supporting member here. I too use ad blockers and I refuse to disable them, so it is only fair I pay my way, plus I have limited life experience to share with all the wonderful folks on this site.

Well I just wanted to say thanks Angie for setting up this forum. Wow! I can't believe how active it has become in just a few days.

Although, I was supposed to decorate, get gift packages together, do Christmas cards, and wrap gifts today I didn't get it all done. I kinda skipped out on the gift wrapping today b/c this forum is just too addicting!!! It's very neat to see this place blossom so quickly.:thumbs up: It is much appreciated! Congrats on a job well done!

ETA - thanks for the update on Austin. Hope we see him soon.

I wrapped 3 presents this afternoon and had K wrap 2. I figure if he actually helps me this year I can get it all done in a week.

https://www.homesteadingtoday.com/threads/carbon-media-tv-show.567216/

total BS!!!!!

absoultely the money from homesteadingtoday.com goes to Niggas on the River. All money they make just goes into a bank account and I HIGHLY DOUBT that Niggas on da River is profitable. that means HST is susidizing niggas on the river.

if not, ask someone on HST to ask them to prove their premium memberships and ad revenue are going back into HST please it is not!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wish more people from hst would engage here. i think i would get banned telling people but that thread i want them to see this!!!

no one is asking the hard questions!!

*adjusts halo*

I'm expecting a banning to happen shortly.

If PS had a flag pole we'd be flying the flag up side down to warn the newbies.

If PS or any cmg forum had a flagpole, that Chris Dildy character should be sitting on it!

I was the one who started the thread at HT (I'm Belfrybat over there). I wanted to see what the official answer would be but also to alert folks of the TV program. I knew there would be a mixed response (there always is). Since I'm committed to a quilt swap through the end of February, I don't want to do anything too overt and get myself kicked off. Actually, there is a good group of folks over there so I want to stay in touch. But it's not the place it used to be.

I still dont get whats so terrible about a fishing show where the fishermen happen to be black. They dont seem to insult anyone except their use their racial status for a self deprecating title that is intended to be humorous.
No one has a sense of humor anymore. not just the left..

I still dont get whats so terrible about a fishing show where the fishermen happen to be black. They dont seem to insult anyone except their use their racial status for a self deprecating title that is intended to be humorous.
No one has a sense of humor anymore. not just the left..

It is not the name that bothers me, it is the double standard. If the show was titled 2 Klansmen the river or White Entertainment Television verses BET (black Entertainment Television), then you would just go deaf from the out cry and uproar. I have always hated double standards, from any side, sexist or racial. So yes the show does offend me from that stand point.

Latest posts

Back