Why your forum name?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first started getting on line I was working on this property all the time and basically felt like if I want it .... Buildit. This worked for the pond I dug, the barn I helped build and the extension of the drive way. Later people assumed it was Buildit and they will come as I added the gun range.

Mine is part of our ranch name.
Is the rest "Rock & Roll"?
I was goth back in my twenties and my email addy was Grimmdolly. I shortened it when I signed up for a forum to Grimm thinking I could maintain a bit of gender neutrality but that lasted all of 5 seconds. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned giving birth...! Now I go by Grimm almost everywhere.
Not many guys could give birth, and none of them want to!! I know I never wanted to be female!

I had a neighbor who was my age. Her sisters called her Nannygoat, instead of Nancy. Since we saw each other so often, I called her Nannygoat as well. Her sisters helped her come up with a nickname for me, and it was Weedygarden. From our yards, we would see each other and it was "Hey, Nannygoat!" "Hey Weedygarden!"

Back in middle school before computers were everywhere, we got a computer lab. We were assigned computer-generated usernames and passwords, and I got "Admiral" and "drummer7slave", respectively. I held onto the username for many things, but "Admiral" is a fairly common screenname, so I tacked the D7S onto the end.

Although I've kept that screenname for this community, nowadays I go by Pioneer or PioneerHomestead everywhere else, and those are just me overly-romanticizing the olden days :)

BugoutBob wrote: patch, isn’t that a mint type that smells sort of earthy? Not criticizing your choice of name or fragrance just trying to place it

It is that. What'd you do, look it up on wikipedia? lol. I always thought of it as an indescribable scent, I almost prefer sandalwood but I like the way patchouli sounds too. It has been a little while since I caught the scent of patchouli and I think of it as flowery/earthy.
I think that if you know you always liked the way a certain thing smells, you can always recall that you like it, but you can not re-imagine the scent, of course. But when you finally smell it again, ah, the memories it evokes.

BugoutBob wrote: patch, isn’t that a mint type that smells sort of earthy? Not criticizing your choice of name or fragrance just trying to place it

It is that. What'd you do, look it up on wikipedia? lol. I always thought of it as an indescribable scent, I almost prefer sandalwood but I like the way patchouli sounds too. It has been a little while since I caught the scent of patchouli and I think of it as flowery/earthy.
I think that if you know you always liked the way a certain thing smells, you can always recall that you like it, but you can not re-imagine the scent, of course. But when you finally smell it again, ah, the memories it evokes.

Some of my faves ... fresh cut grass, WD40, fresh baked bread, good pipe tobacco, fresh sawdust, good earth when it’s turned

It’s my surgical specialty -head, neck and anesthesia. I started getting into prepping a little more than a decade ago after dealing with multiple snow ins and ice storms. It’s also beaten into me from above. You can’t be available to help others if you can’t take care of yourself.

I'm not the only no/low carb junkie on the forum.

Sentry and Phideaux are as well.

That's because carbs are the dietary manifestation of SATAN!
angry.gif

I'm terribly embassed to admit after being online "forever" I am still unbelievably computer challenged (struggle with my iPad for pete's sake). So I still don't know how to post pictures on a forum (don't have a photobucket account or anything). Guess I need to get one of my grandkids to show me. Having had mustangs for 25 yrs, and photographed some in the wild prior to that, I have lots of mustang photos.

Boy. Everyone was able to answer this in a sentence or two. Afraid I'm going to have get a little more involved than that.

When I first moved out on my own I was 100 miles from home. With no car I couldn't easily go home for a visit.

I met a guy from the apt complex I lived in and he took me to a Sunday afternoon volleyball game. It was a weekly thing. There was a guy there who lived close enough to the field to play music for us while we played ball. It was mostly Grateful Dead so I just had to introduce myself. :) For whatever reason he took to calling me Uncle Joe. Others in that circle of friends soon followed and whenever he introduced me to someone new it was always, Uncle Joe.

FF 2 years. I met another guy who had a habit of calling all his guy friends Dad and girl friends Mom. One day he came over and said; "Hey Dad, what's up?" He looked at me for a few seconds and said; "No, dad just doesn't fit for you. You're more like an uncle. Yeah! uncle Joe."

So from 2 completely separate circles I was tagged with uncle Joe.

I've been Uncle Joe with almost everyone I know since 1985 so I just naturally used it when I joined online communities.

My first paralegal position was working for a liability attorney. Liability attorneys deal with torts. The primary aims of tort law are to provide relief to injured parties for harms caused by others, to impose liability on parties responsible for the harm, and to deter others from committing harmful acts. As the paralegal/investigator for that attorney it was my job to "mind" what was going on in his cases, do his legal research and basically write complaints, responses, briefs and trial notebooks. Ergo, "tortminder"
---tort--

I love wild horses. Have owned many but am down to my last one now. He is 25 and my last horse.

We looked at some donkeys from BLM and wild horses too. A shame they can't keep their wild spaces to roam,but the concrete jungle is taking over the wild kingdoms.
We were going to raise guard donks here at Sassy Ass Acres. But life got in the way and it never came to pass.

We looked at some donkeys from BLM and wild horses too. A shame they can't keep their wild spaces to roam,but the concrete jungle is taking over the wild kingdoms.
We were going to raise guard donks here at Sassy Ass Acres. But life got in the way and it never came to pass.
Sassy Ass Acres... I can only imagine what the logo would look like :LOL:

Latest posts

Back