Wild animals in your neck of the woods

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a very hot spring and the picture is a Bobcat that had shed it's coat already.

Ah, so. Doesn't look hardly at all like the Bay Lynx (official name for what we call bobcat here). We get a few Canada Lynx too, during the Varying Hare ( our version of jackrabbit) scarce times up north.

Ah, so. Doesn't look hardly at all like the Bay Lynx (official name for what we call bobcat here). We get a few Canada Lynx too, during the Varying Hare ( our version of jackrabbit) scarce times up north.
We have a lot of Bobcat. Not usually real big but a lot of them. This guy has his coat and loves Basil Hayden bourbon....LOL!
15322065707793374130904984105199.jpg
15322066010819219720915011598403.jpg

Sorry Grimm. It was just so huge I had to show it to everyone. That guy and gal are posted right under the front of my fifth wheel....
Grimm used to post pictures of spiders just to get my goat.

This is some of the local wildlife around here in S.W. Oregon, raccoon, ringtail cats, (actually they're in the raccoon family), gray fox, red fox, bobcats, otter, cougar, black tail deer, white tail deer, Roosevelt elk, timber rattlers, bull snakes, ring neck snakes, water snakes, gofer snakes and California king snakes, fence lizards and alligator lizards. Yeah we have lots of different spiders around as well and wood scorpions.

All the ways Floridas wildlife can kill you. Number one in the world for shark attacks, number 2 for lightening strikes. Allegator's and yes we also have crocadile's, sinkhole's and sand holes at the beach that just digging a hole can swallow you up. Anacondas pythons that can eat you whole, thanks to screwballs allowing them into our nation.

AR-307209726.jpg

EP-307209726.jpg

EP-307209726.jpg

http://www.tampabay.com/news/bizarr...bas-Here-s-how-Florida-can-kill-you_170156088

Last edited:
We have a large wolf pack (20 individuals), white tail and mule deer, cougar, black bear, badgers, lots of snakes from king and black to rattlers and some of the most dangerous spiders (Hobo, Aggressive English house spider, Black Widow, and Sac spider) in the USA.

Aggressive English House Spider, what's it do, apologize while biting? Terribly sorry, ol' chap.
We've got the usual, raccoon, possum, squirrel, rats, deer, skunk.
Armadillo, feral hog, the other wild hogs too, mountain lion, bobcat, coyote, they've seen chupacabra in a nearby county, alligator in the nearby lakes, lots of snakes, geckos, lizards, turtles, cicada killer, cow killer, killer bees for the more regional wildlife.
A couple of ocelot-looking creatures too, they've been hit on the country highways not too far from here.
Oh yeah, I saw a hare here too

Deer, elk, moose, antelope, bighorn sheep, mountain goat, bear ( both black and griz), fox, coyote, wolves, badger, wolverine, mountain lion, bobcat, lynx.

Up in glacier you can sometimes find caribou. Then we have the feathered and underwater creatures.

Dang. Im dissapointed in myself. I would normally leave them alone but it feel out of a tree right next to me wrapped around that squirrel and scared the crap out of me. It was just a natural reaction to shoot it......

Dang. Im dissapointed in myself. I would normally leave them alone but it feel out of a tree right next to me wrapped around that squirrel and scared the crap out of me. It was just a natural reaction to shoot it......
I killed a California Kingsnake due to the rattlesnake jitters, felt bad about it because they're one of the good guys of the snake kingdom. We've had too many uncomfortably close encounters with rattlers around here so we tend to be on high alert every time we walk outside during the warm months.

I killed a California Kingsnake due to the rattlesnake jitters, felt bad about it because they're one of the good guys of the snake kingdom. We've had too many uncomfortably close encounters with rattlers around here so we tend to be on high alert every time we walk outside during the warm months.
Oh yeah! I walked out my front door of me camper late this afternoon. I was just using my gas cooker to boil some brine for pickles. I ALWAYS have my S&W governor with me loaded with 410 shells. I look around before I start and there lays a big fat 3-4 foot cottonmouth. No mistake this time. He be dead. Poisonous snakes scare me .I'm not scared of much but a bite out here by myself would most likely be my death.

Blog%2BJune%2B2018%2B%252819a%2529.jpeg

Grizzly darted by MTFWP at the golf course where Our son works (He's wearing the white t-shirt in the center).

Blog%2BMay%2B2018%2B%252831%2529.jpg

Also in our driveway. I have some of the same moose in the dark as well.

Blog%2BMay%2B2018%2B%252834%2529.jpg

Our guest cabin driveway. I have lot of photos like this one.

Blog%2BMay%2B2018%2B%252835%2529.jpg

By our front door.

Blog%2BMay%2B2018%2B%252836%2529.jpg

By the front door.

Blog%2BMay%2B2018%2B%252837%2529.jpg

By the front door.

Blog%2BMay%2B2018%2B%252839%2529.jpg

Entrance to our driveway. I also have more photos like this in the same location. We've given up on having a cat. They always seem to disappear.
Blog%2BMay%2B2018%2B%252841%2529.jpg

About 200 yards fron our cabin.

Blog%2BMay%2B2018%2B%252840%2529.jpg

Grizzly that got into our chicken feed one night. Kind of opened up the steel barrel we kept it in. I went out to investigate because the dog was barking. I thought it was a skunk since I'd already dispatched a couple trying to get to get to our chickens. I rounded the corner and met this guy at a distance of about ten feet. He walked about ten feet farther away then stood there watching me while I watched him. I had the shotgun pointed at him. He turned and waddled off after a few seconds. I set up a game camera because I knew he'd be back the next night. That's when I got this photo. He didn't get anything to eat because I'd cleaned up the grain and locked the barrel in an outbuilding.

A couple of years ago we had a grizzly in the neighborhood that was ripping the siding off of chicken houses to eat the chickens. He hit three places near ours so I put up a few strands of electric fencing around our chicken house and run. We didn't have any problems.

2 legged wild animals, I would say my new neighbors boyfriends..............
If you actually wild animals, saw what I thought looked like a badger come out little wooded area.
Sorry about that, Mo. I hope all is well and you can sleep at night.
I've never seen a badger in the wild, maybe not IRL either.

Hiwall you got the rare single stripe American "cat"" . They are friendly, quick to train, easy to capture and when you approach them if they turn around and raise their tail it means that they want to be scratched behind the ears.....at least that is what you tell the liberal who moves in down the road.

Sorry about that, Mo. I hope all is well and you can sleep at night.
I've never seen a badger in the wild, maybe not IRL either.
I have a Glock that helps me sleep just fine.
The boyfriends only stay 5-10 minutes at a time all hours of day and night.
Besides I have Military MP's friends who check on me frequently.
As well as Deputies, cops.

Latest posts

Back