Wildlife in the garden

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchs

Just a guy loving life
Neighbor
These guys showed up very nearby the garden today......My speed wasn't right for the Hummer and the Butterflies are coming very nicely
JCS_0093.JPG
JCS_0097.JPG
JCS_0077.JPG
JCS_0066.JPG

My wife spent a lot of time trying to get a good picture of those in Hawaii. She did manage to get some good pictures.
I just crank up my tractor and they come. Once they come they usually eat bugs all day. Saw one eat a whole, pretty big Toad yesterday. Wish I would have gotten that picture. These are all from inside my Camper through double pane tinted windows. Not ideal but I don't spook them away like this.......
JCS_0646.JPG
JCS_0640.JPG
JCS_0630.JPG

I just planted a few corn this year for munching on, not for canning. The weeds were looking as prolific as the corn so I weeded a bunch. Yesterday morning when I went out a few of the stocked were leaning way over. I thought maybe I loosened them too much when I weeded. A few minutes later, hubby said I didn't do it. Deer tracks right through the middle and they helped themselves to a few green beans too. Dirty buggers.
@Dutchs what great pictures!

not quite so exotic here, we have wood pigeons and lots of smaller birds that come to our "feeding station" in the garden, also field mice, butterflies are very absent this year although I did see a cabbage white the other day, hornets and bees pay a visit.

Latest posts

Back