• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

Winchester Ammunition Super Speed .22 LR

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Winchester Ammunition Releases Super Speed Ammo in .22 LR

With a 40-grain bullet running at 1,300 fps, the new Winchester Wildcat Super Speed comes optimized for semi-automatic rifles.

By Personal Defense World

The new Winchester Wildcat Super Speed is optimized for semi-auto rifles.

Winchester Ammunition recently released its newest ammo offering, Wildcat Super Speed in .22 LR. The load serves plinking, target shooting, varmint and small game hunting.

Winchester Super Speed Ammo
The new Winchester Wildcat Super Speed utilizes a versatile copper-plated Dynapoint hollow-point bullet. It delivers a higher velocity at 1,300 fps, providing more energy on target. Additionally, it consistently cycles semi-automatic platforms, including the Winchester Wildcat rifle.
Winchester claims it manufacturers the load to exceedingly high standards. It utilizes reliable priming and uniform powder charges and bullet dimensions. The load delivers consistent accuracy from one box to the next, according to Winchester Ammunition. Further, copper-plated bullets, clean-burning powder and priming contribute to maintaining clean firearm actions for reliable function.
With the 40-grain bullet reaching a muzzle velocity of 1,300 fps, the load comes optimized for semi-automatic rifles. The new Super Speed load stands as a versatile offering, capable of serving a full host of shooter needs.
With the proliferation of .22 semi-autos, shooters use platforms for multiple roles. Whether for hunting, competing, plinking or training, .22 LR rifles continue to earn time afield. And having a load formulated for the platform delivers advantages. The new Wildcat Super Speed should fuel those passions for shooters across the country.
For more information, visit winchester.com.

Spikedriver

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Eh. I've had great luck with good old fashioned 40gr. Super X in the past but the regular Wildcats have never shot good. I'll pass. Anything I need to do with a .22 can be done just fine with regular speed plated HPs like Super X or Golden Bullets...

Bacpacker

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I've got some bulk Winchester stored, but for my GO TO it's CCI's all the way. I don't recall the last time I had a misfire with them.

CrackbottomLouis

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I've never had good results with Winchester in my 10/22. Never tried this though. Have found that an AR with a 22lr conversion bolt does well with the new 60gr Aguila. Only thing that's accurate out of that conversion bolt imo. For my 10/22's is hard to beat cci. I buy that stuff 5k at a time. I was strictly shooting HV because its copper plated but when I went quiet I switched to standard as its subsonic unless very cold.

Last edited:

Latest posts