Wisdom Matters

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread topic, @Bacpacker!

My apologies to those who heard me say this before, but it fits in this thread:

By definition, wisdom is the application of knowledge to solve a problem and the ability to use what you know to make good decisions and judgments.

It’s fine and good to take in knowledge of all the things that will help you survive, but they won’t do much good without wisdom.

Knowledge is gained through experience and learning; wisdom is knowing when to use it. For example, you can practice faithfully at the range and maintain your shooting skills, but wisdom is knowing when to shoot and when to keep your gun holstered. So many situations, so many choices... Wisdom will prevail but fools will suffer.

Wisdom; it is said to come from making decisions, good and bad, and learning from them. Knowledge has little value unless it is shared.
Great video, now we have to practice.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street and building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And that process is continuing day by day and minute by minute." ~ Orwell ~

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street and building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And that process is continuing day by day and minute by minute." ~ Orwell ~
So messed up but true.

By definition, wisdom is the application of knowledge to solve a problem and the ability to use what you know to make good decisions and judgments.

It’s fine and good to take in knowledge of all the things that will help you survive, but they won’t do much good without wisdom.

Knowledge is gained through experience and learning; wisdom is knowing when to use it. For example, you can practice faithfully at the range and maintain your shooting skills, but wisdom is knowing when to shoot and when to keep your gun holstered. So many situations, so many choices... Wisdom will prevail but fools will suffer.

Well put Griz. I continually ask in my prayers for knowledge, understanding, and wisdom, along with the discernment to use them all at the right times and effectively.

I got lost in his Youtube videos last night! Some of his enjoyable videos are a bit like the Viking answer to Pete & Townsend.

This was my first time seeing these videos, and I love the way Bjorn Andreas Bull-Hansen thinks about some things. His reflections on wisdom should be mandatory for every young man and woman to hear.

I have started watching several of his videos last couple weeks. His take on things is usually really good. His way of discussing them being calm and rational really hits home.
And I love the setting he records in. I could easily see myself going to areas like that to think and ponder things, clear my head so to speak.

Very well said!

Good points! He mentions more than once feeling useful. I have stated before probably not here that we really lost something when we moved away from having multiple generational homes. Gma can peel spuds while Mom is cooking supper. Or Gpa can splice a rope or entertain Jr. while some other task is tended. I've heard it as if you're not growing, you're dying.

A couple things I appreciate about him/his videos is that he doesn't try to force a singular idea upon others. It's more of the proposing of an idea for others to consider. Also, he is thoughtful and doesn't just "speed-talk." We don't hear it anymore, but there was a time when "fast-talker" wasn't a nice thing to be. My opinion- it still isn't.

"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth."
Frank Zappa

At a conference back about 15 years ago there was a “icebreaker“ exercise where we had to name someone from history who we would like to have a cup of coffee with. The conference included a bunch of folks in the nicest suits and ties. I said Frank Zappa. Most were like “WTHeck?”

I hope to find time to view some of the videos links on this thread. Amazing how busy we make ourselves....

A couple things I appreciate about him/his videos is that he doesn't try to force a singular idea upon others. It's more of the proposing of an idea for others to consider. Also, he is thoughtful and doesn't just "speed-talk." We don't hear it anymore, but there was a time when "fast-talker" wasn't a nice thing to be. My opinion- it still isn't.

I agree! I listen to one at night[won't mention name, he is very popularlol] who sounds like he is fast forwarded on heleum.Sometimes I can't take it so change to liberals on PBR.

Started at 7:51 in Video,its not just China or society either, it also comprises of family too in many cases now,your either for certain things or your not. If not your an outcast,kiss ass or be shunned,period.

Also he is the othe end of fast,to where he is a little too slow but I still like to listen to him even if I get to where I want to finish his sentence,.:oops:.Sometimes he islike a 45 on a 44 where one is like a 33 on a 45,lol.Thats vynal records in case some are too young here to know.

I've been telling this to my friends and family for a long time now,some listen some don't.

Latest posts

Back