Words of Wisdom

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizzleyette___Adams

Hermit on the mountain
Neighbor
I hope this thread becomes a fine collection of our favorite (serious or funny) bits of wisdom...

Here's a good'un:

different viewpoints .png

I fell a couple of times but I ain't never just laid there..png

In other words, when life knocks me down, I need to get back up and move on; moaning and groaning about it makes about as much sense just laying there after falling off a bike.

Last edited:
1623158078403.jpeg

1623164384251.jpeg

The Gambler
"If you're gonna play the game, boy
You gotta learn to play it right"

You got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sitting at the table
There'll be time enough for counting
When the dealing's done

"Every gambler knows
That the secret to surviving
Is knowing what to throw away
Knowing what to keep
'Cause every hand's a winner
And every hand's a loser
And the best that you can hope for
Is to die in your sleep"

“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.”― Helen Keller

(Early in my youth, this became my "Life Motto")

Last edited:
My Mom always told us, “surround yourself with good people”.
She also said, “spouses may come and go, friends may come and go but family is forever.” My siblings and I are close, my children are close and I am close with them. We even take family vacations together. They invite me and my husband to go with them. I think that means they like me and enjoy my company.
One last thing my Mother taught us. She advised us to be educated and/or have a career before marriage. She wanted us to be sure if marriages failed or we chose to remain single we would be able to support ourselves. She didn’t want us stuck in a bad relationship or be dependent in anyone.
I think my Mom was a wise woman.

"I don't want to get to the end of my life, and discover I have lived someone else's vision of what my life should have been".

(My other "Life Motto")

My motto when I was in college: "Work hard, play hard, sleep hard." I was up and at it by 6 in the morning with a full schedule every day and went to bed at 10 and did sleep hard. Playing was going out with friends and boyfriend on Friday and Saturday evenings. I really didn't play as much as many others I knew, but many of them didn't graduate from college either.

1623257452395.png

My motto when I was in college: "Work hard, play hard, sleep hard." I was up and at it by 6 in the morning with a full schedule every day and went to bed at 10 and did sleep hard. Playing was going out with friends and boyfriend on Friday and Saturday evenings. I really didn't play as much as many others I knew, but many of them didn't graduate from college either.

My college motto was more along the line of: Always be first to get to the worm at the bottle of the tequila bottle. Amazingly, that strategy did get me through my undergraduate degree. The wife made me come up with a better life motto shortly after graduation!

My college motto was more along the line of: Always be first to get to the worm at the bottle of the tequila bottle. Amazingly, that strategy did get me through my undergraduate degree. The wife made me come up with a better life motto shortly after graduation!
It was when I was in college that I learned that something about drinking alcohol makes me sick. I don't have to drink a whole beer or anything and I am so hungover the next day. I have considered it a blessing. When I would go out, I would often drink virgin margaritas. You, @Alaskajohn , are blessed to have a wife who got you on the right path.

"I'd rather trust a man who doesn't shout what he's found,
There's no need to sell if you're homeward bound."

Hackett, Gabriel, et al.

Latest posts

Back