Worried...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Star_Chick

Psalm 23
Neighbor
Dkv0F30UYAAthAV
This is OK forecast. This is so bad. OK has one dam breach, a main road artery destroyed, and last storm two people lost their lives. My husband works in the ER and he’ll be driving home in this.

Oh my goodness. Is your home on high ground or in a depression of land? I hope the weather guys are wrong in your favor.

My house is in higher ground. However, one of my best friends may get evacuated due to his home being near the dam break. Yesterday, his road was closed. Another one of my closest friends lives in Norman where the road collapse happened. Storms have already started firing off. I used to love rain, and now it drives me nuts. LOL

Where do you live? I'm in the SE part of Oklahoma (Ardmore). This is unusual weather for this state!

I am in Sand Springs and earlier we had 100 degrees and hail. I left the local grocery store just as it began and an hour later a tree fell on a car in the parking lot. Lots of minor damage in our little town.

Where is the breached dam?

I am in Sand Springs and earlier we had 100 degrees and hail. I left the local grocery store just as it began and an hour later a tree fell on a car in the parking lot. Lots of minor damage in our little town.

Where is the breached dam?

Falcon lake it’s in Piedmont. They ended up shutting down Waterloo Rd yesterday. I just read that water levels dropped. We have had almost no rain, thankfully. Yeah, I heard up north of us got hit pretty hard. I’m glad you’re okay!

Where do you live? I'm in the SE part of Oklahoma (Ardmore). This is unusual weather for this state!

It really is unusual weather. I live in OK county. I don’t like all this weird weather one bit. I hope it does not destroy my pumpkins as even the temps are lower than usual.

No that is another tree down. I lost power shortly after posting that and got it back a few minutes ago. Hope all you guys are ok.

Oh my! I’m glad you got it back. Did y’all get any property damage? I really hope not! We are looking into a generator since I require having electricity to run a nebulizer. The stranger OK weather gets the more my husband and I need one. We are good. We got just some sprinkles. Are y’all going to get rain Sunday? They are calling for another downpour.

It has been strange weather for Oklahoma this year! We’re under storm warnings in the SE part, too. It may go around us here though.

We lost power on and off all night but back to normal this morning. Lightening tripped some breakers. Huge trees down just down the road from us but we just lost some limbs. Been out cleaning up the limbs today. Live wires were on the streets down the road. We were lucky.

Latest posts

Back