Worst and best

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't blame you. I live in an unincorporated community of under 1000 people and we have what I refer to as the downtown area that has two gas stations, a produce stand, a burger joint, and the church. No stop lights or anything, but the traffic around there is insane. I once counted 50+ cars passing through in a single minute. Where I'm at now in the community though, if one person passes me as I leave my driveway it's an oddity.

Location is everything... ain't it nice, not having to deal with traffic near your home? I'm out on the SW edge of this rural subdivision, or close to the edge, with nothing but high desert beyond. There are a few homes actually on the edge, but traffic here is limited to those who live here, so it's very light, which is nice. Back in Coronado, we lived in the center of town, and daily traffic past our house was basically nonstop... ugh. I don't miss that BS, lol.

Don't blame you. I live in an unincorporated community of under 1000 people and we have what I refer to as the downtown area that has two gas stations, a produce stand, a burger joint, and the church. No stop lights or anything, but the traffic around there is insane. I once counted 50+ cars passing through in a single minute. Where I'm at now in the community though, if one person passes me as I leave my driveway it's an oddity.

Ok well the 'reply' feature doesn't work very well on my cell phone. Every time I hit reply it puts my reply in the same box as what you said and I don't know how to fix it.

This could be a long list but I will shorten it to I hate the MUD. I love the fact we are two miles down an old logging road, nearest neighbor is 2 miles. Everyone for the most part just wants to be left alone to do their thing whatever that may be and it's perfect for me.

Love that our kids are our neighbors and can see our grandkids whenever we want. 3 of them live with us till I finish our new home. Great, it gets winter here, bring it on . I still believe in Santa !
No bad, no problem here only solutions

Best things- location, a woods next door, lovely neighbours not too close and 22 years of wonderful memories.
Worst things- bad ground, full of rocks and hard to dig. Hard to maintain as it's so damp here. Would like to own the woods next door!

Worst would have to be the tourist looking for their cabin. They seem to think if I pass the no trespassing signs and drive 1/2 a mile down a gravel road (my driveway )I’ll find my cabin

The best I now have a gate at the road and I live in the middle of 95 acres some wooded and some pasture. So plenty of room for critters and hunting

Worst: adjacent neighbors that rent their property to big farmer that is not at all in the faintest sense a good steward of the land.

Best: the privacy. The view. Especially on a clear night! Seventy miles view of the greater treasure Valley.

Best...It's NOT California
72 acres in rural NE AZ. Grid power and a well.

Looking down on our place from the mesa to our north.
Xlbzq6e.jpg

Worst...
If any of the 3 washes between us and town 10 miles away are running, "you can't get there from here". My well guy spent 14 hours on the wrong side of a wash (in a different area) one day during this year's monsoon season.

This is the wash that crosses our property.
hEsntkN.jpg

Latest posts

Back