Worst sequil or movie/tv remake

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original Predator movie was good. The sequels stunk on ice.

The original Predator movie was good. The sequels stunk on ice.
I have to step up on the soapbox.
It becomes obvious that the brilliant minds have left Hollywood.
All of the 'new' films are all riding on the backs of previous successes.
Alien, Aliens2, Aliens3, Alien vs Predator, Aliens vs predator.
Fear not! they are working on a "new" one.
What are we up to now? Toy Story 8?
brickwall100.gif

The Star Wars franchise still marches on like a Stormtrooper 40 years later.
What's next? Skywalker loses his virginity to his sister?
They have covered everything else by now
brutal55vp.gif

Enough already! Why don't they just admit that nobody among the gifted and elite people out there can think up anything worth a damn anymore?
It's OBVIOUS!
I guess I'll just wait until Jaws-9 comes out...
Nevermind. Here it is:
images

I yield the chair to the esteemed gentleman from Washington.
soapbox-zipper.gif

Last edited:
Sequels aren't remakes, but they usually suffer from going downhill as well. I did like the first three Star Wars, back in the 70's and 80's. I think those three were all equally well done. I went to see The Phantom Menace. Not up to the previous standards. Then I also went to see Attack of the Clones. Another bad one IMHO. I have not seen any of the ones subsequent to that, but there have been a handful of them I think.

The original Jaws was superb. All the sequels have been quite bad in my view.

Crocodile Dundee, the original was fantastic, the sequels were a steady and rapid slide downhill.

Tremors - the original is still one of my favorites. The way Val and Earl play off of each other is mastery of casting, witty writing, and tongue-in-cheek performances. The second one was disappointing at first, but did start to grow on me a little, but still far below the original. After that, the rest of the sequels were bleuck.

Planet of the Apes. The original was good for its time, the sequels sucked. The remakes and more recent sequels are probably a step up from the original sequels, but not to the standard set by the very first one with Charlton Heston. Of course, I'd have to go back and re-watch the very first one again to be sure. I have a hunch I may not like it as much now as I remember from way back when.

One GOOD remake was The Parent Trap, IMHO. I liked the remake as much as the original. A great concept for a movie, and well done in both iterations.

The movie "Death Wish" remake was pretty bad in comparison. Add to that list the reboot of "Robocop", "The Longest Yard", and "Total Recall".

For TV I would be remiss if I did not complaint about the reboot of "Knight Rider".

The "Bewitched" movie was horrible, especially in comparison to the TV show.

Worst movie to TV would be "The Fugitive" and "Taken".

Kids growing up with electronic babysitters instead of reading books has killed all imagination.

Mash the movie was not very good.

Star Trek was one that I liked the next generation better than the original.

Books that I would like to see made into tv or movies written by Clive Cussler or William Johnstone.

Another Rocky and someone needs to be beaten with a 2x4.

Next.....

I agree so much with kids not reading books growing up. That was one of my top things to do, and very varied. Comic books, to Classics, to History.

Next Generations was about the only series I liked and will still watch reruns on occasion. I liked the original when I was a kid, but looking back at reruns, those were soooo bad. The other ones I never liked.

Rocky, well they've all sucked IMO. Rambo, well more excitment to them.

Well, they did predict a lot of Rocky movies, even back in 1982 (note the poster in the background, from the movie "Airplane II: The Sequel")

View attachment 43309
The Airplane movies are worth a second watch because they have so many hidden funnies in them.
Like the travel-stickers on the top of the guy's briefcase in the above picture.
Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Pearl Harbor, and Dresden all escape notice by most viewers.

Tremors. The first was good.
Husband is a trekkie. We have watched all of them since the beginning. I don't like the Cpt Janeway/Chakotay ones. The new Picard was odd. The new Discovery was decent after a few episodes. They always mess with time. The new Discovery has a young Spock in it.

The last Rambo movie was pretty terrible. Seems like Sylvester did not invest wisely and now he needs to put out another crappy sequel or remake every few years.

I like all the Star Trek series and movies, even Picard. Of course some I like more than others. Like I tell the wife (who HATES anything science fiction): Star Trek is like donuts, even a bad donut is better than no donut. 🍩

There is another new Star Trek featuring Captain Pike coming out soon too

I'm sure Cpt Pike will have one out. He's been really good in Discovery. I did like the main character, Michael. But am wondering who is in which spin off, after it ended with two different time periods. Maybe Michael in one, and Pike in the other from where the left off. Not a fan of the Klingon characters, though. You're like my husband, Sentry. He'll watch any StarTrek. Even Janeway.

Latest posts

Back