WWI & WWII cookbooks

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVDragonlady

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I downloaded a number of pdf files on wartime rationing and cookbooks months ago. Theres also a pamphlet from the government in Canada on how to garden.
I made a dropfiles link for anyone who would like to read them and download them.
If I come across more on my pc I'll do another dropfile

https://dropfiles.org/WBwd5785

First time I ever used the site. Maybe its only good for so long. Don't know
I posted the same link on another site and people there downloaded them fine

Yeah, usually sites like this have a limited time for when others can download from it. When did you post the link on the other site?

Is it possible to make a new upload and share the new link here? I'm really interested.

I made it about 10:30 in the morning friday.
I'll give it another shot and post a link again

Thank you :)

You can probably upload those files to the "library", where they will survive the dropbox time limitation.

I can add them with credit to you if you prefer.
What library? Do you mean the reference area section at the top of the forum?

Last edited:
Click on "Forums", arrow down to "Library".

I wasn't sure if you could upload pdf files to either of those sections

Just an FYI for the link to all the cookbooks.
If it has a more modern cover you will only be able to "borrow" it for 14 days. I have no idea how that works because I'm after the rationing and very antique cookbooks and they're free for download.

Just wanted to give a heads up on that

I like to watch out for cookbooks and homemaking books from the 1800s or even earlier. You know...EMP cooking and living. Anything pre-electricity.
I have one from the late 1800s - the difference between Soup and Fancy Soup is half an onion :) I think things like that are funny but there are other things that are good.

Latest posts

Back