Yes, these are actual street signs....

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
uc.jpg

Turn-Right-low-res.jpg

3.jpg

lodging_next_right_full.jpg

Oh m'gosh, @VenomJockey I'm near tears, thanks for the link. My dog Klaus, off his meds; Bill Clinton, known sex offender; Good Luck; Evacuation Route DEAD END.
Thanks for the laugh. Too many, I had to stop looking.

I have NO clue how some of these actually got approved, but apparently there are a lot of Dept. of Transportation offices around the country that have a sense of humor!!

North Chicago IL… the department that made street signs for the city must have been union jobs. Nothing overt, but almost every sign they produced was badly worded… Could clearly have been worded better.

I recreated this from memory… It should have read -

Caution

Blind Child

In Area

Instead they made people think “It’s bad enough the kid’s blind but do they have to advertise the fact he’s dumb on a sign he can’t read”?

That town cracked me up… dumb sign after dumb sign. The list was endless.

BLIND  CHILD.jpg

The name of this road always intrigued me. The story goes… back in the days of circuit preachers (a preacher might be the pastor of several churches and rode a circuit each month on horseback) this road had a cemetery but no church. There was a camp ground next to the cemetery where tent revivals were held most of the summer.

Over time this campground became known as “Bone Camp”. The trail through the area became a road with the name... Bone Camp Road.

Bone Camp (3)a sm.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back