Yoga For Seniors

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I started on this program 2 days ago. Will do it every other day.

Plus I dance a lot while listening to music, mop floors with heavy janitor mop. And back to garden digging,weeding etc,etc,etc,.

You can start at 4:40 to get to exercise.

My days of twisting and turning have seen their last sunset. I have the flexibility of an iron pipe. Too many injuries, surgeries and old age. Nice post but it ain't going to happen for this old stinker. I am thrilled to be able to get out of bed by myself.

Meerkat....are you kidding me?

At my age ,
I lay my pants on the floor , step into the 2 holes,
Use my long handle grabber to pull them up,

You expect me to bend and twist....???:ghostly:

:ballet:
Jim

My days of twisting and turning have seen their last sunset. I have the flexibility of an iron pipe. Too many injuries, surgeries and old age. Nice post but it ain't going to happen for this old stinker. I am thrilled to be able to get out of bed by myself.

After trying to get up from the floor a few times I'm with yall on the " yoga is a bad idea " thing.
Getting down on the floor without bruising a knee cap or elbow is an exercise all its own.
I'll still with the deep breathing and stand up stretching part.

I am happy for you Meerkat that your motivated,

I have had so many surgeries and broken bones, and my Defib/pacemaker gets in my way,

I just walk , a little, mow grass, and pay with the GKs, shoot a lot of guns.

I will try Yogurt some though...;):D

im

yes I agree, and they can keep the ' no pain no gain ' thing.
Even my dog thought it was a bad idea. the look on her face and the fear in her eyes was telling.

I did yoga every day when I was young. Great stuff. Now my daughters do yoga. Our youngest likes to go to hot yoga. I think that's going too far. The temp turned up to hades and very sweaty people throwing their legs all over the place. So not my cup of tea.
But slow yoga or any kind of stretching is great. I've been meaning to take it up again. You're awesome, Meerkat!

I did yoga every day when I was young. Great stuff. Now my daughters do yoga. Our youngest likes to go to hot yoga. I think that's going too far. The temp turned up to hades and very sweaty people throwing their legs all over the place. So not my cup of tea.
But slow yoga or any kind of stretching is great. I've been meaning to take it up again. You're awesome, Meerkat!

Don't need any heat thats for sure!:eyeballs:. I'm skipping the floor part but still doing whatever I can sitting or standing.

:huggs::Thankyou: Amish.

Still doing the mild form of yoga just to limber up some. Mostly just stretches. And dance to whatever music of the day is. Today I danced to dry drunk music. it was fun for a little while. And good exercise.

What is dry drunk music?

It is music that sings about drinking and partying without drinking.

Most people in bars that I tended were happy most of the night, some got a little sad right before closing time. We had live music or jukebox so I know all the songs. Plus I had some good times drinking myself and every now and then still do have a couple just not very often.

Back