You Better Take A Longer View Of Preparing Because Day One Is NOV-3

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The best quote from this is this: "... use these summer months wisely".

You Better Take A Longer View Of Preparing Because Day One Is NOV-3
by Ken Jorgustin | Jun 7, 2020 | CURRENT EVENTS | 83 comments

Election Day November 3, 2020

It is going to get real during the evening of November 3, 2020 as votes are counted. Election day. There are going to be LOTS of very unhappy people the morning of November 4.
This election is like no other. The divisions are so terribly deep. Either outcome will not be accepted by the “losers”. And in my view, it’s going to get real bad, regardless.
First, let me explain my position for the sake of clarity. I do not like the fact that our nation is run by two political parties, which in many ways are the same (2 sides of the same coin). Though in other ways they are not. It is what it is. I have personally lost much faith in our so called leaders and representatives. They are nothing more than “the face” of a largely corrupt underlying system – some call the deep state. It gets dark and ugly down that rabbit hole. But again, it is what it is. I prefer a minimalist approach to government and their duties. I am more of a Constitutional type (keep it simple, the Constitution is not seemingly complicated). However we have devolved into heaping piles of laws and regulations of which we’re probably breaking one right now without realizing it… but I digress. To an extent I’m more a Libertarian, perhaps a combination of things. I do not identify with Republican or Democrat. However it’s often a choice of lesser evils.

Why you should take a longer view of preparing
Okay, having said that, here’s what I mean about “you better take a longer view of preparing”.
I had been intending to wait until we’re a bit closer to begin discussing issues regarding election. However I’ve been thinking about it for awhile, and a recent comment on the blog nudged me into it…
I think most are missing the 800 lb gorilla in the corner…The Election will solve nothing…Day One of America-In-A-Bosnia-Type-Civil-War is Nov 3…

No matter who wins…Dims Will Not accept another 4 yrs, with all the attached judgeship’s and prosecutions.

Conservative Citizens CANNOT accept anybody they choose to run…we would all be in the camps in 6 months.

America cannot survive a year…. Once everyone realizes that and takes a longer view of preparing, the better the chance of individual survival…

Wake Up Everybody…Day One is November 3,2020
~ MSB commenter

Regardless of Outcome | Half the Population Will Freak Out
All you need to do (if you’re anywhere near or on the “right” side of the political spectrum) is look at how intensely and constantly the mainstream news media (and the dems and embedded deep state) have been attempting to ruin Trump since NOV-2016. If he happens to win the 2020 election, I cannot even begin to fathom the insanity that will ensue from the MSM, the dems, and the deep state. Actually, I can. It’s going to be bad.
If you happen to be left-leaning (or further), you know how viscerally you hate Trump. It’s beyond disgust for you. You hate the man. There are many just like you out there. Perhaps even the majority, given that most young and middle-aged are indoctrinated into the America-hating left. You people are going to go absolutely batshit crazy if he wins again. Cities will burn. Suburbs will burn. The emotion of a Trump win will be so overwhelming, many or most of you are going to lash out in yet unknowing ways.
Lets flip the table… If Biden wins and Trump loses. Rigged election? Either way, any thinking person knows that Biden isn’t going to be running the country. He may not last that long either (sad to say). It will be whoever is the VP, following the marching orders of the-powers-that-be. Additionally, if Biden wins (or not), there’s a chance the Congress may swing further left. If the left gets the trifecta, it’s going to be very, very bad for those on “the right”.
There will be sweeping and shocking changes with “the left” in power at this juncture. You who are on “the right” can surely imagine what they’ll do. First of which will be to disarm the threat. The threat being YOU. The consequences of that will be a bloody fight. Something I do not wish to see. However if the tree of liberty needs to be refreshed… (said Thomas Jefferson)

Use These Summer Months
I could write on for thousands and thousands of words on this. However there’s time left for plenty future article discussions. My reason for putting up this topic is to encourage you to prepare specifically for the results following November 3, 2020. Either way, it’s going to be a rough ride. And then if you factor a resurgence of COVID during that time (be it real or stretched by the MSM), it’s going to exacerbate the problems even further.
So use these summer months wisely.

https://modernsurvivalblog.com/current-events/longer-view-of-preparing-before-november-election/

I was just taking some inventory this last weekend and had this same thought. Then boom this article appears. My guess is many preppers have been thinking about this since the early days of the pandemic.

I agree with most of what the author says, but I think he misses the time table badly. Day 1 isn't November 3rd. Day 1 is NOW.

Noah didn't start building the boat when it started raining. Wait until November 3rd and you will be in panic mode.

Wait until November 3rd and you will be in panic mode.

I think what he was implying, was that Nov. 3 is the day the 💩 hits the fan. Not the day you start getting ready. That was 12+ months ago.

Just bought more 9mm. Found some that appeared high quality (124gr brass) yet still was reasonably priced.

Also a tip.. dont shy away form Tula 9mm.
Most of tula ammo is no good but for some reason their 9mm is quite good .. loaded hotter than other economy 9mm, more accurate than other economy 9mm.
(this is not what I bought... this time around tho a few days ago i found that still reasonably priced)

Me too… for some time now. I’ve been making medicines on a scale I never imagined was necessary. Last night I made what will be 40oz of elderberry tincture, kills most viruses outright and prevents the rest from replicating… just one medicine of many.

Eldar tincture 20 (6)aaz.JPG

First garden I've grown in 6 years. Been spotting and scouting edible critters on the farm. Many rabbits , squirrel, deer and turkey.
Oh yeah there are some huge bluegill, bass and blue catfish in the pond.

We been recycling all our canned meats .

Laying plans for defensive procedures..
Pity the fool.

Jim

I don't disagree with the premise that everyone should prep when the prepping is good. In other words, when things are available and priced reasonably, and you can afford it.......that's a good time to prepare. I've been sitting pretty good for a while, but there's always going to be holes. When I identify them, I plug those holes. So, if I was starting out from nothing, I might be freaking out......but I'm not.....so I'm not freaking out. However, there are some things I'm stocking up on. When I stumble across deals, I will take advantage of those as well.

There's a few things I don't really agree with like; Regardless of Outcome | Half the Population Will Freak Out. The math here is not accurate. Not everyone votes and elections are not always all that close (50-50) since our election system doesn't work that way. We have an eletoral college, so popular vote doesn't really matter. What if the majority of people vote one way or the other? How does he know? And....what does he mean by freak out? I was literally teary eyed when BO won the election both times. Is that the freak out he is talking about? I'm not going to go on a criminal war path if Biden wins. I don't know what I'd do, except get teary eyed again. And the libs.....if they lose again, then what? Are they going to go on a criminal war path? I doubt it, but if so, I'll be ready to protect myself and my property.

I'm just not a big fan of 'we're all gonna die' articles. I think most Americans are level headed enough not to go out and do something completely stupid if their side loses. Watching MSM, you'd never know it though. They want everyone to think the world is going to end if Trump wins again and paint some awful scenarios, just like with the supposed riots going on now. I think that is a very small group of folks making a big fuss and that's what the MSM is lazer focused on, like that's what going on everywhere. It's not. I know conservatives and I know some liberals. I'm quite certain they will behave themselves no matter who wins. They won't be happy, but they'll behave themselves....and so will I.

In some areas most of us will just be storing up goods for the looters. Unlike those who are taking over our nation we don't stick together therefore easy targets.
Even our military had been infiltrated just how much is still in question. I know some were replaced by Obama years ago and even the Clintons before that. Our maor ,polcice cheifs and governors are not much better.
We don't know who will be comign for us.
So we don't try to stock up as much anymore.Hope to try to grow staples like potatoes and beans,so far no luck too busy wroking on stuff.

Last edited:
I know we have food to last a month if not taken from us. Little bit of water but we can fill the tub and use the 40 gallon water heater. I most likely am going to leave before the election or sooner if I think I need to. I have everything to bushcraft if needed and will just have to scrounge for food. Water is whatever I find and purify. Bleak outlook yes but hopefully I'll survive.

It seems to me the article is talking about city people. They're the ones going crazy now and they're the ones sitting in the street screaming at the sky after the last election ( something is wrong with them people). I say let them. Burn your city down. Then reap the rewards stupid.
Do you think the majority of people out here in the boonies will put up with city people coming out here " to take our stuff"? hell no. Not gonna happen. Especially here. I'm old, I'm mean and if you come here with violence on your mind I'll shoot your ass so don't mess with me.

Beside being prepared is a lifestyle not a fad. At least for me and hubby. We've been on this journey a long time now and plan to keep on keeping on ( as us 70's folks like to say)
IF worse comes to worse we may not be living like a Rockefeller but we'll be living and thats all that matters

I know we have food to last a month if not taken from us. Little bit of water but we can fill the tub and use the 40 gallon water heater. I most likely am going to leave before the election or sooner if I think I need to. I have everything to bushcraft if needed and will just have to scrounge for food. Water is whatever I find and purify. Bleak outlook yes but hopefully I'll survive.
Hopefully things will never get so bad you have to bug-out.

A 25 pound bag of beans and one of rice, can sure extend our food supplies, if necessary.

Prepping is a way of life for me period.
I have been hungry.
I may not eat fancy, but I eat.
I will lay down my life to protect my sons and grandchildren.
Need to increase water supply some more, rather be safe than sorry.
I can live off the land, trap, hunt, fish.
I increase my preps as budget allows.
I agree. Prepping has become a way of life for me. I know that I have rarely been hungry, but didn't always eat the top line of foods, but I too am always working on increasing my supplies, by varieties and amounts.

Rice and beans sure help. I always tell people to start there. And when the shelves were wiped clean in Covid Round one, it was obvious some people were reading from the "Top Ten Prepper List". Stuff really cleaned out in our area: powdered milk, flour, yeast, salt, pasta, rice, beans, spices.

I don't disagree with the premise that everyone should prep when the prepping is good. In other words, when things are available and priced reasonably, and you can afford it.......that's a good time to prepare. I've been sitting pretty good for a while, but there's always going to be holes. When I identify them, I plug those holes. So, if I was starting out from nothing, I might be freaking out......but I'm not.....so I'm not freaking out. However, there are some things I'm stocking up on. When I stumble across deals, I will take advantage of those as well.

There's a few things I don't really agree with like; Regardless of Outcome | Half the Population Will Freak Out. The math here is not accurate. Not everyone votes and elections are not always all that close (50-50) since our election system doesn't work that way. We have an eletoral college, so popular vote doesn't really matter. What if the majority of people vote one way or the other? How does he know? And....what does he mean by freak out? I was literally teary eyed when BO won the election both times. Is that the freak out he is talking about? I'm not going to go on a criminal war path if Biden wins. I don't know what I'd do, except get teary eyed again. And the libs.....if they lose again, then what? Are they going to go on a criminal war path? I doubt it, but if so, I'll be ready to protect myself and my property.

I'm just not a big fan of 'we're all gonna die' articles. I think most Americans are level headed enough not to go out and do something completely stupid if their side loses. Watching MSM, you'd never know it though. They want everyone to think the world is going to end if Trump wins again and paint some awful scenarios, just like with the supposed riots going on now. I think that is a very small group of folks making a big fuss and that's what the MSM is lazer focused on, like that's what going on everywhere. It's not. I know conservatives and I know some liberals. I'm quite certain they will behave themselves no matter who wins. They won't be happy, but they'll behave themselves....and so will I.

If Biden wins with an extremist VP we are all in trouble.
For a couple years now the left has been foaming at the mouth and when no one was listening ( and sometime when they were) it was clear they were engaging in revenge fantasies.

If Biden wins look for dissident opinions to be surely but slowly criminalized...
It will start small.
First tit will be the
Sovereign Citizens"
Then it will be sympathizers of Sovereign Citizens.. as potential terrorists... and that will be anyone who expresses dismay at the growth of our Fed Gov't and its unchecked power.
In other words they will have a ready made legal tool to criminalize the lot of us.
then look for increased property taxes in general ..
Gun Control will take off like crazy there wont even be lip service to the constitution anymore..

There will be "government to private partnerships" to "secure the internet " against "extremist content".

To them thats us.. censorship targeted at anyone who does not conform tot heir toxic views..
In the European countries the left has advanced further than here.
"Hate speech" can earn you years in prison. And what is hate speech? OH, well very often thats up to the "victim " to decide.

Major politicians in Belgium and Frances have been fined small fortunes for speaking truth about the muslim invasion and just barely avoided jail.. ( and some people havent avoided it)

Remember the pressure on banks from Obama?
It will be back with vengeance..
In Germany a conservative activist just had his banking account fo 41 years cancelled because of "anti democratic activities and racism".

Have you dealt with the general public before?
Lefitst have been conditioned for years to hate those who actively resist the "march of progress", talking about "re education camps".
Think it cant happen here?
Think again... for years we have had a campaign against a certain demographic going on.. its quite reminiscent of the Bolsheviks campaign against the Kulaks in preparation for their atrocities..

If the left gets the presidency and both houses at the same time Trump will have been the last Republican president.. all they have to do is legalize all the illegals.. give them voting rights.. dont.. in gratefulness they will vote left forever and it will be a one party state.

Venezuela and South Africa both have great gun control.. yet the government connected deaths squads always seem to have plenty of guns.. in at least one documented case fire arms that were confiscated by gov't as part of gun control were used by deaths squads against the people ( South African farm murders.)

This is what a gov't sponsored death squad looks like.
Paramilitary dress (kinda like what I wear to work )
They act confident and not at all like "random poverty stricken teenage robbers"
They have a $100,000 cellfone jammer with them so the victims cant call their neighbors for help ( police would be useless)
Farm-attackers-in-South-Africa-1.jpg

BlueZ - I'm not saying we won't be in trouble if Biden wins, but we DID survive 8 years of Obama. Yes, we lost many civil liberties during that time and our healthcare was crippled severly. It was not a fun time, but we (hubs and I) survived and actually thrived during that time. We worked our butts off, b/c that time scared the heck out of us. Thankfully if we had to hang it up tomorrow, we could......we just don't want to.

I still do not think Biden is going to be the guy they put up. There is a sleeper in the wings.....maybe that sleeper will be his VP, but I think it will be someone else entirely. Biden can't hold his own against Trump and the Dems know it. There's a reason he hasn't named his VP yet.

I think most of us here on the forum know how disastrous a Dem winning the POTUS position would be. But, I don't think it will be the end of the world. As long as we live, we fight. When my fight ends, it's in Gods hands. I have to have faith that HE knows what he's doing. I won't live in fear and I won't freak out, but I will be prepared as much as I can.

A liberal’s paradise would be a place where everybody has guaranteed employment, free comprehensive healthcare, free education, free food, free housing, free clothing, free utilities, and only law enforcement has guns. And believe it or not, such a place does indeed already exist: It’s called Prison.

– Sheriff Joe Arpaio

Just look at countries like Venezuela.

If you are living in a city or even a big town, and if you think that a major infrastructure collapse is imminent, and if you believe that this collapse will be permanent, then you are probably be faced with a choice of either attempting to shelter permanently in place or to bug out. Either way, IMNHO, the chances are better than even that you will die.

Cheerful thought, isn't it?

But think about it. If you shelter in place, sooner or later you will run out of food/water/medicines. Absent the rule of law, you will be forced to (1) beg from others, who probably won't give you doodly-squat; or (2) attempt to take if from someone else by force. Unless you can outnumber the defensive position person by about three to one, you will probably be killed.

If you bug out,
you will be leaving the area you're familiar with, leaving much of your supplies behind and trying to survive while competing against other people who are already where you will be, who undoubtedly know the place better than you and are near their own supplies, e.g., farmers who aren't interested in sharing or sitting back and let you walk in and take their food; indeed, they will probably see you coming before you see them and you will probably be killed.

"But wait!" you might say. "I have my AR and my Ka-bar and loads of ammunition and I know woodcraft and can live off dead squirrels and dried hazelnuts!" Uhhh... no. Even if you are the one-tenth of one percent of the bugger-outers who could actually live off the land for an extended period of time (and no, I do not mean a weekend hunting trip with a cell phone and Google Maps to the nearest Starbucks), there are going to be a bazillion other panicky people who, having driven off every deer, elk and bunny-rabbit to northern Saskatchewan, will shoot everything that moves, including you (and your family).

Remember, if you bug out and don't have a place to go, you're not a prepper or a survivalist. You're a refugee. And even if you do have a hidey-hole complete with a working well, garden, pen full of animals, medical supplies, and a deck of playing cards ... someone else might get there first!

And we're not even talking about running out of gas to get there when your bug-out vehicle is screaming down the road a four miles per hour with every other individual instant refugee.

Colleagues, it's not my intention to urinate in your breakfast cereal, but have you really thought about how you would survive if you were forced to find a place that wasn't really there or to think you could grow old and raise your grandchildren in a three-bedroom, two-bath suburban house?

If you have a self-sufficient homestead now (available water, garden, critters, privacy, security) that you are living in now, I think your chances for pulling through a major and permanent infrastructure collapse are pretty good.

If not, don't you think you should give your situation a bit more thought?

If you are living in a city or even a big town, and if you think that a major infrastructure collapse is imminent, and if you believe that this collapse will be permanent, then you are probably be faced with a choice of either attempting to shelter permanently in place or to bug out. Either way, IMNHO, the chances are better than even that you will die.
If the permanent part was true then no matter where you live now you would likely die for the simple reason most people will be dying, like 90%. But some people will always survive. At least they always have in the past.

If the permanent part was true then no matter where you live now you would likely die for the simple reason most people will be dying, like 90%. But some people will always survive. At least they always have in the past.
True. But my chances of long-term survival would be a lot better if we were on our homestead and self-sufficient when the deal goes down. That's why I kick myself for not making my move, say, 10 years ago. If the excrement impacted the air-handler, my chances -- even where I am now -- wouldn't be as good as they could be, because I'm still a n00bie..

True. But my chances of long-term survival would be a lot better if we were on our homestead and self-sufficient when the deal goes down. That's why I kick myself for not making my move, say, 10 years ago. If the excrement impacted the air-handler, my chances -- even where I am now -- wouldn't be as good as they could be, because I'm still a n00bie..
That is why we moved here to a rather remote area of AZ three years ago. It is not a perfect spot but then no place is perfect.

We are certainly at the point where we are seeing a significant level of discord on every major level. Internationally, nationally, locally, economically, politically and socially. Each one taken by themselves would be concerning. Taken as a whole I truly believe it would only take a few small events with correct timing to push us firmly over the edge.

Latest posts

Back