You gotta be kidding me!!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Millenia leaves home (finally), but calls cops on dad over missing Legos!!!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/0...t-first-calls-cops-on-his-dad-over-legos.html

Excerpt: "A 30-year-old man who made headlines last week after he was ordered by a judge to vacate his parents’ New York home has officially left the residence, but not before calling the police on his father regarding some missing Legos.

Michael Rotondo waved to journalists as he loaded his creaky station wagon with his belongings. The millennial told reporters he called police Friday morning because he believed his 8-year-old son’s Legos were in the basement and his father would not let him look for them. Instead, the father offered to look for specific items and, if he found them, bring them out. The Legos were found after police arrived.

"This isn't a game show," Rotondo told the Post-Standard of Syracuse regarding the Legos. "I don't have to guess what's behind Door No. 1."

The millennial’s parents, Mark and Christina Rotondo, filed a petition in the Supreme Court of New York State claiming they’ve had enough of their son living under their roof."

I told me children they could stay home for free as long as they were in school. This was so they would finish school & get a job.
Will not have 30-40 year old child in my house.

I told my kids we would have plate breaking party when they turned 18, their dinner plate. No job, not in school, not staying here with us. All of the kids had jobs or went to school or into the military. Great bunch of kids, even if I am a bit prejudiced. Okay, a whole lot prejudiced, very proud on all our children, even the liberal ones. They are moderate liberal, so not too bad. The conservative ones are moderate too. It all works.

This guy has not got a grasp on reality. Part of his plans is to move in with a distant cousin. Now we know he has stupid cousins too, along with over indulgent parents.

I know a few people who have adult children living at home. It seems that some people get stuck and can never stand on their own two feet. It probably has to do with parents.

One woman I know has a 50 year old son living at home. He has no ambition, doesn't want to do anything. His parents divorced when he was a child. She has encouraged him to get an education and to get a good job. He is not interested.

I had a cousin whose twin sons didn't do anything, didn't want to do anything, no ambition. Mom and dad came up with a plan with 20 something sons. They gave them two weeks to get it together or they were going to take the to a local homeless shelter. I think it worked, but I know it doesn't always.

Should went to the shelter when they were 8-10 years old. To make the point that this is were bad Adult kids end up.

Assisting your children and they are still your children as long as you are alive when there is a true need is honorable and commendable. ....But some parents do no have the ability to discern the difference between babying and true need.

I know a few people who have adult children living at home. It seems that some people get stuck and can never stand on their own two feet. It probably has to do with parents.

One woman I know has a 50 year old son living at home. He has no ambition, doesn't want to do anything. His parents divorced when he was a child. She has encouraged him to get an education and to get a good job. He is not interested.

I had a cousin whose twin sons didn't do anything, didn't want to do anything, no ambition. Mom and dad came up with a plan with 20 something sons. They gave them two weeks to get it together or they were going to take the to a local homeless shelter. I think it worked, but I know it doesn't always.

Failure to Launch Syndrome (sometimes caused by ineffective parenting and lack of tough-love). Kudos to the parents of the twins!

My own kid self-launched instantly when I jokingly told her that she needed to get out, get a job, an apartment, and a car while she still knew everything. She did, at age 17. Shocked the daylights out of me.

Update and excerpt for this saga:

A June 2017 filing said Rotondo opposed paying more for child support, despite paying $920 yearly for a storage unit to house his broken Chevrolet Camaro and Volkswagen Passat vehicles, according to the New York Post.

“When questioned why he did not sell such belongings, he claimed that they had no value except sentimental, and that he had no legitimate answer for the obvious question of why it made sense to spend more than $9,000 over the last five years to store valueless belongings, at the same time asserting that he could not afford to pay support for his son,” Cecile wrote in a ruling that sided with the mother.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/0...but-balked-at-child-support-records-show.html

Won't pay to help feed and house his son but has sentimental attachment to his cars. This guy is a waste of air.

He would have been thrown out soon as he quit school or made failing grades like my son who made all A's on his SAT yet failed because of homework. Teacher said he had highest grades in class room.
I felt foolish whipping him with a big stick aka switch when he was 6' tall looking down on me. So I told go to your future McDonalds. He got his education in military later. Almost Naval Hall Of Fame for the class he taught and studied in.

I like that "go to your future McDonalds". I'm sure I'll be using that line on grandson in 5 years. He is lazy by nature, but I won't stand for it
I saw students who were lazy as well. If they didn't get their work done during class time, they did it at recess. I used to say, "If you play during work time, you can work during play time." For new students, most of them figured it out quickly, but some never did get it.

I think the parents should be forced to house the idiot because they are the ones that raised such a waste of life and if they dont house their mistake the rest of us will end up paying for him in some way.

Latest posts

Back